Neowin Fantasy Baseball Season 2007

I still wouldn't mind doing another 2 for 1 trade.

I've got Octavio Dotel back from the DL who I cannot activate due to roster room limitations. The expectation is that he will retake the closer role from Soria once he gets a few rehabilitation appearances.

I would also part with Tim Wakefield and Mike Mussina. Mussina has a good start tonight but he didn't get the win. His last 3 starts have been better than his first few starts.

Man, my starters haven't had any offensive help this week. I've had 3 or 4 pitchers pitch 8+ innings in a start and getting a no decision or loss.

P.S. I am up for a trade if you want someone.

I really should find someone interested in a closer. I don't really need five.

Plus I have six first base eligible players. That's a bit much.

Edited by Fred Derf

Okay, on the closer front again...

I've removed Dotel from my trading block because he has relatively little value right now. Mind you, I'm not willing to drop him. I figure that a closer with decent value would be Todd Jones with his 15 saves.

He is my #2 save producer but, with four other closers on my roster, I should still do okay.

I am somewhat motivated to move a closer since it doesn't make much sense to me to carry five closers for an extended period of time. My preference would be to bundle Todd Jones with another player to get someone higher ranked (either 0-Rank or current Rank).

The L3thal - Rumor trade works out to be incredibly lopsided.

12+17+6+154+18+15+21+2+98+63=406/6=67.7 vs 718+142+171+25+102+332+124+77+350+178=2219/6=369.8

So, once you average the O-Ranks and the average ranks you get a trade which works out to 68 to 370

My trade with bangbang works out to be 327 vs 296 using the same statistical analysis.

So, I hope L3thal doesn't mind but I voted to veto that trade. Rumor would do better to update his rosters and trying playing for a bit.

Glad I'm not the only one who found some issue with the trade. I talked to l3thal about it and it does concern me. Perhaps there are pure intentions here, but, after last year, I'm worried that this may be more of a roster dump than anything else. If this is the case, while I can't do more than veto the trade this time around, I will make sure next year's participants are in it for the long haul, no matter the score.

It is pretty naive to rank players by their O-Rank, honestly. Example: Scott Rolen is ranked 108th and is having a pathetic season while Garko that I just picked up is ranked 700th but is batting .330 this year and has had multi-hit games very frequently, including tonight.

To judge a trade and its "fairness", one needs to look at how the players are individually doing, not what their O-Rank states. Doing so, you can see that the trade that was proposed by Rumor was slightly lopsided but considerably fair. Of course, if you look at the ranks, you can easily see its lopsided but remember don't always tell the truth.

It is pretty naive to rank players by their O-Rank, honestly. Example: Scott Rolen is ranked 108th and is having a pathetic season while Garko that I just picked up is ranked 700th but is batting .330 this year and has had multi-hit games very frequently, including tonight.

To judge a trade and its "fairness", one needs to look at how the players are individually doing, not what their O-Rank states. Doing so, you can see that the trade that was proposed by Rumor was slightly lopsided but considerably fair. Of course, if you look at the ranks, you can easily see its lopsided but remember don't always tell the truth.

Look man, you even told me that he said he was looking for closers. Who trades Trevor Hoffman away when they're looking for saves?

Now another one? Seriously, next year, some people are not going to be welcomed back. These BS trades are going to completely give the league to one damn team.

I actually offered the trade this time around and I found it to be quite even, if you ask me. Much more even then the previous one.

Now I made another equal trade involving 2 players from each team and I bet it'll get vetoed again :sleep:

Now another one? Seriously, next year, some people are not going to be welcomed back. These BS trades are going to completely give the league to one damn team.

Nice incorrect assumption. Not surprising however, but as mentioned, L3thal submitted this one.

Nice incorrect assumption. Not surprising however, but as mentioned, L3thal submitted this one.

Well, BOOG, then you're just making some foolish moves. So, either you're dumping players like last year or you're not exactly caught up on who's doing what. Jake Peavy and Carlos Lee for Matt Cain and Vernon Wells? Have you seen the numbers? In what world does that make sense for you in terms of making your team better? Obviously, considering the fact that the trade got vetoed by the league again, I'm not the only one who thinks something isn't right.

I never dumped players, I traded for other players. I was in last place, so I needed to do something to shake up my team.

Keep in mind, the trades went through, so using Chuckle's logic, he must have been the only one with the issues.

I never dumped players, I traded for other players. I was in last place, so I needed to do something to shake up my team.

Keep in mind, the trades went through, so using Chuckle's logic, he must have been the only one with the issues.

It's just funny that you think this is real life where dumping a better player for a player with lower stats will "shake up a team". This is fantasy baseball. Team morale and the like have nothing to do with how well your team does. It's about the numbers, pure and simple. Trading away your best players for someone who may not even be used every day on other teams is not a wise move and it's not a move that will make your team any better. Of all the trades you've been making, you come out with lower numbers in most categories involved. And don't give me the BS about not dumping your players last year. If I recall correctly, you did so with the same person, too. I think we've learned by now that your words don't make your intentions suddenly seem pure. You either suck at making trades or you're dumping players. You choose.

And for the record, after everything with you, this will be the last year you're in the league. I'm tired of dealing with this nonsense.

It's just funny that you think this is real life where dumping a better player for a player with lower stats will "shake up a team". This is fantasy baseball. Team morale and the like have nothing to do with how well your team does. It's about the numbers, pure and simple. Trading away your best players for someone who may not even be used every day on other teams is not a wise move and it's not a move that will make your team any better. Of all the trades you've been making, you come out with lower numbers in most categories involved. And don't give me the BS about not dumping your players last year. If I recall correctly, you did so with the same person, too. I think we've learned by now that your words don't make your intentions suddenly seem pure. You either suck at making trades or you're dumping players. You choose.

And for the record, after everything with you, this will be the last year you're in the league. I'm tired of dealing with this nonsense.

Well, like I said, the trades went through last year, so this personal issue you have is clear....especially since you stated regarding this year:

Obviously, considering the fact that the trade got vetoed by the league again, I'm not the only one who thinks something isn't right.
They didn't have a problem with trades last year. You did.

Now that my trade has gone through.

Rich Harden may be used as a non-closer reliever instead of as a starter. :0

Carlos Zambrano got into a fight with his catcher. :0

Now that my trade has gone through.

Rich Harden may be used as a non-closer reliever instead of as a starter. :0

Carlos Zambrano got into a fight with his catcher. :0

Yeah, I got a bit lucky there lol. Then again, Mussina broke down again and Jones' closer status is in question. We both got a lot of question marks out of that trade.

I now offered Beltran for Carlos Lee. Is that good enough to not get vetoed or should I just trade my whole team for him?

I also proposed a trade involving Oliver Perez and Ian Snell for Joe Blanton and AJ Burnett, the latter who threw a 3-hit CG shutout 3 days ago.

Oh, and I cannot forget I also proposed Jake Peavy for Roy Oswalt.

I mean, if all these get vetoed, then I don't know what doesn't get vetoed. I guess I should start trading my players ranked in the 300's because we get nowhere with players in the top 100.

Well, I figure my opportunity for trading Wakefield is way over.

Another bad outing saw his season ranking fall to 616. He was 873 for the month. He didn't start off too badly and, in fact, when I first started offering him to people in early May his numbers were decent. The "good" news is that anyone can have him now. :)

I'm just happy I didn't cave and give you Abreu. He's starting to wake up, finally.

I was excited about Abreu because there was talk of placing him first in the batting order which should, at least, help his runs scored. I was concerned, however, by his sudden lack of power this year.

I didn't want to overpay for him. So I overpaid for Lance Berkman instead. That's okay, I need a bench warmer to play on Mondays and Thursdays.

I just looked at the Toronto-Tampa game and I noticed that Toronto stormed back in the bottom on the 9th to win it.

My first instinct was to think, "Ha, I'd hate to be the loser who owns that reliever!" only to think that maybe I should check my roster before saying that.

The good news is that neither I, nor anyone else, owns the multitude of relievers used in the ninth inning. They gave up a combined 6 runs over one third of an inning (the other two thirds of the inning were not necessary).