Neowin Fantasy Baseball Season 2007

I guess I've missed out on all the fun this year so far. I haven't taken a look at the trades people are putting up, saw them pop up in gmail though. It seems like good pitching is a little harder to find this year.

So I take a leave of absence from my team for 2 weeks and they suddenly get hot. I'm doing that more often. Everytime I leave they do good. :)

So... I've had Michael Cuddyer on my roster all this time but I never watch Minnesota play.

As a result I've always thought it was "Cudd-yer" but, since they are playing my home team tonight on TV, I see that his name is pronounced "Cudd-eye-er".

The more you know!

I thought Michael Cuddyer is pronounced "Cud-Dye-Yer"

Yeah, that's what I meant. The point was that it wasn't cudd-yer.

Im sorry but there is no way I could accept that. I am in no need of a short stop and giving up one of my best out fielders wouldnt work out for me.

I need a bat or two on my lineup with decent stats. All my players are open to trade.

I think I just offered the riskiest trade that we'll see in fantasy baseball this season.

I think otherwise. I would be giving up Vlad and 2 pitchers with 150K's combined and an ERA of around 3.30 for 2 average hitters and a rather good pitcher.

I think otherwise. I would be giving up Vlad and 2 pitchers with 150K's combined and an ERA of around 3.30 for 2 average hitters and a rather good pitcher.

That's fine. All I know was that the current rankings of the players I was offering were twice as good as the players I was requesting.

You were judging them by overall rank and not O-Rank because your players' o-ranks were in the 300's and mine in the 80-100's :|

I am still looking for a bat or two if anyone has something to offer. I need to make a jump to 6th place in the coming weeks.

You were judging them by overall rank and not O-Rank because your players' o-ranks were in the 300's and mine in the 80-100's :|

Well, 20 odd posts ago you told me that considering their O-Ranks was naive.

What is good for the goose doesn't seem to be good for the gander. :p

:D

Very good point, however, those ranks are well on par with the numbers they are putting up whilst before, my players' O-Ranks were in the 300's but they were putting up good numbers and frequent multi hit games.

Incidentally, our trade of Lance Berkman for Eric Byrnes and Troy Glaus is finally paying dividends for me. Lance Berkman was my best player during the last month.

Eric Byrnes hasn't exactly been underperforming for you either but for a while there our trade had seemed extremely lopsided. Troy Glaus hasn't been much of a factor.

Byrnes has been pretty solid for me and Glaus has cooled off the in the past 1 1/2 weeks.

Interestingly, I picked up Dmitry Young from FA and look at his stats. He has hit in nearly every game for the past 2 weeks with Runs and RBIs as well. He's definitely the best pick up I've had as of yet.

A lot of my starters had two starts last week which will limit my options for this week.

Granted I needed all of those starts to get the 4W and thus get the win for wins. However, I could have used some of those 82 strikeouts this week. 61 of them were wasted last week. :(

I have plenty of strikeouts to offer you, especially Erik Bedard. He leads the AL in strikeouts per 9 and maybe the ML.

I'm going away for a little bit and I need my players to have a good night tonight. I don't want to leave down 9-1 to virtualmadden.

I won't have internet access so Mr. Franchise should benefit a bit. Luckily the all-star break is making this all fairly painless.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back. Rich Harden is back on the DL and, although that isn't a good thing, it does allow me to exchange Rickie Weeks for another player without having to drop an extra player to do it.

It doesn't seem like I missed anything. I had my few available players all set to play last night but, in retrospect, perhaps I shouldn't have.