Neowin Fantasy Football Season 2007

Are we going to have another neowin FF league? I know its mid july but were really only about 6 weeks away from the season starting and training camp and all that is coming up real soon, not to mention doing a live draft we need atleast a week lead time blah blah blah

anywho, we need to limit the league to 10 this year, or have mulitple leagues as last years league was huge and it was really hard to draft...

id really like to have veterans league and maybe a noobie league....seriously though dont sign up if your not going to play...

Team Name		Owner (Neowin display name)

Dragonslayers			Fire and Flames	
Fred's Iron Dragons		Fred Derf	
GOLFANTASTIC			Pro Fantasy Guy (golfantastic)
L3thal's Boys			L3thal	
Netrack					bradd730 (Netrack)
Nightz					J M (Nightz)
Purple Haze			jsawyer80 (Purple Haze)
Seafoam				neodarkryu (DarkRyu)
Steffan 9ers			Robert M (Steffan)
defwhig's dorksquad		defwhig	
stncttr908			stncttr908	
virtualmadden			virtualmadden

Waiting List: (or 2nd league)

cterry511

~Greeno~

Edited by Fred Derf
Added list of players and waiting list

If there is a noob league then I might sign up. I know little to nothing about the NFL. At least Toronto has a baseball and basketball team but any knowledge that I have about the Toronto Argos isn't going to help me in a NFL league. What? Shouldn't they be kicking on 3rd down and 10?

At least if I do sign up I will stick with it.

Someone needs to setup a league, Fred its great if you want to join... i really dont care who joins as long as its played till the end... i no its hard when your team isnt great but nothing ruins a leauge quicker when one or two people give up on their team and it skews the rest of the season

and really with the way the stats are shown on yahoo, you dont need to know names as long as you can understand touchdowns are a better stat than fumbles

Yeah, I would stick with it. I didn't know anything about basketball either but I reallied from somewhere deep in the pack to win the consolation round.

For that matter, I don't know most of the players on my baseball team either but they seem to working for me.

Now when it comes to hockey, I could tell you about any bit player that has ever graced the fourth line. :D

we need to decide if were going to do an auto-draft or live draft

auto-drafts are easy but you are at the fate of the computer

live-drafts are good but time consuming and sometimes hard to cordinate

I'd lean towards a live-draft. If you can't make it then the computer picks for you. The only disadvantage is that the live-draft may be slow for those that can make it if most others can not.

ok well then i may make one after i get off work tonight unless someone objects?

I may make the auto draft Sunday Aug 4th at 8pm?

League Created! # yahoo

League ID#: 204513

League Name: Neowin

Password: neoftw

Use your NEOWIN TAG if you do not, i will kick you out.... if you sign up and do not play i will force unhappy cats (opposite of LOLcats) upon you!

Edited by Netrack

Up to you in terms of defense. Last year we had team defenses and that worked out pretty good, no?

i have it set to teams right now, if anyone objects i can change it up until draft day

I'm okay with the team defence. It took me a little bit to figure out how that works. I learnt that you draft team defences (or pick them up from the waiver wire) just like you would individual players.

I'm driving back from PA on August 5th. I hope I'm back home in time for the draft.

I could use it later that night myself. 8pm is the kid's bedtime. 10pm would be safer. (For those in other timezones, I'm saying that 2 hrs later would be good for me).

Back to defend my title. Would it be possible to add a defensive player, but take away the ability for them to accumulate points for return yards. Maybe this way people could still get some extra points, but it wouldn't become too many.