Neowin Fantasy Football Season 2007

No one take Steven Jackson! I'm continuing the tradition of drafting him in the past two Neowin leagues, haha. I went back and was looking through the 2005 league, we had 20 teams that year.

Sorry he sucked against my D. ^_^ Nice one tho. 81-80 but i still beat ya.

ha, neither of your qb's really put up numbers tho...although mine has yet to play

I'll make a promise now that even if my team totally sucks, I will endeavor to field a good roster each and every week.

Perhaps, however, I'll make less risky choices. Once burned, twice shy.

you played pretty well this week derf, you may have beaten me this week with that score depending on how well portis does tonight

I had two players give me zero points last week.

I bailed on Charlie Frye (as did his team) but I had thought he would play like his career depended on it.

Lee Evans also did nothing but he apparently is a slow starter. I benched him this week and I'll keep him there until he proves he shouldn't be. I think he got 1 point this week.

Fortunately/unfortunately my backup RBs had a very good week. Retrospectively, I should have started them. I'll need them on week 6 when my two starting RBs both have bye weeks. Their fantasy values have risen since the draft because their clubs have decided to use them in more key situations (rather than platooning them).

I hope to have a good running back to trade on week 7 in case I need a QB or WR at that time.

I had two players give me zero points last week.

I bailed on Charlie Frye (as did his team) but I had thought he would play like his career depended on it.

Lee Evans also did nothing but he apparently is a slow starter. I benched him this week and I'll keep him there until he proves he shouldn't be. I think he got 1 point this week.

Fortunately/unfortunately my backup RBs had a very good week. Retrospectively, I should have started them. I'll need them on week 6 when my two starting RBs both have bye weeks. Their fantasy values have risen since the draft because their clubs have decided to use them in more key situations (rather than platooning them).

I hope to have a good running back to trade on week 7 in case I need a QB or WR at that time.

i was able to edge you out this week by one pt :p

My strategy going in to the FFL is not working as planned. I had anticipated at least 20pts from LT by this time. AND my SD-Kicker would've had more pts at the same time.

Plaxico was a gift week1 but I really feel that NYG will be trading him soon as Eli prefers A. Toomer even though Plaxico is IMO more talented; Toomer is quicker and more agile though.

My problem is WRs. I don't have any consistent performing one's and it's not because a lack of WR-talent in the league or my Team, it's more so a lack of QBs spreading the ball. Because he was so reliable last season on 3rd down conversions I knew Berrian would get more looks this season, but it's hard to play him since Rex is hard to predict.

I'm lookin at Marty Booker, used to be a Bear (i'm from chi-town), I hope he comes through next weekend; got Jurevicius too, although IMO, the Week2 performance won't be happening again anytime soon. I would not be quick to jump on the Browns bandwagon.

Well I'm glad we weren't head to head this week then. It would really suck to earn 140 points and lose.

yeah, i think now that you got a qb your going to be real contendor.... i dont have a good feeling about this week since my players are playing alot of good teams

it also kinda sucks that your qb is playing against your defense...i need romo to get a few touchdowns but the bears need to win lol by 1 pt

yeah, i think now that you got a qb your going to be real contendor.... i dont have a good feeling about this week since my players are playing alot of good teams

it also kinda sucks that your qb is playing against your defense...i need romo to get a few touchdowns but the bears need to win lol by 1 pt

I don't have stat tracker but it does not seem that my QB troubles are over. Schaub threw more interceptions than TDs.

On most other positions (except for DEF), however, it looks like my opponent has underperformed. We'll see tomorrow how the numbers crunch.

I voted against Seafoam this week because two of his guys were Questionable. They both played and they both beat expectations so he got the win.

I looks like my pick for Netrack also came up short (unless Yahoo does some scoring adjustments).

Dont rely on yahoo's crappy Football Stat tracking; other places like CBS have Free Live Fantasy Scores and they are more upto date on injury reports and things.

Yahoo waits until like Tuesday to update scores, and then they're inconsistent with game feedback; ex: they updated the result of the game for LT by monday night, but not for Dallas Clark. Dallas Clark beat all expectations while LT barely met any.

Use all the resources you can find. Also, take a look at the top leagues in yahoo and see which players they're using, sometimes you'll find a guy who was projected real low, but has been consistent.

Yahoo also has the "Sit or Start" which helped me put Edge on the bench as well as find Sammy Morris who kicked butt.

Then Yahoo has the Fantasy Matchup Rankings, which tell you what the best players on your team are for the upcoming week.

Play 2 WIN!!! that's all i'm sayin'.

Dont rely on yahoo's crappy Football Stat tracking; other places like CBS have Free Live Fantasy Scores and they are more upto date on injury reports and things.

Yahoo waits until like Tuesday to update scores, and then they're inconsistent with game feedback; ex: they updated the result of the game for LT by monday night, but not for Dallas Clark. Dallas Clark beat all expectations while LT barely met any.

Use all the resources you can find. Also, take a look at the top leagues in yahoo and see which players they're using, sometimes you'll find a guy who was projected real low, but has been consistent.

Yahoo also has the "Sit or Start" which helped me put Edge on the bench as well as find Sammy Morris who kicked butt.

Then Yahoo has the Fantasy Matchup Rankings, which tell you what the best players on your team are for the upcoming week.

Play 2 WIN!!! that's all i'm sayin'.

i payed the $10 for the live stat tracker...its well worth it

i payed the $10 for the live stat tracker...its well worth it

Feel free to post how my QB and DEF are doing on any given Sunday. :p

I can estimate the rest easily enough.

I'm not in this league so I hopefully it'll be alright to ask this question. Would anyone trade Drew Brees for Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson? I already have Brett Favre and David Gerrard on my roster.

I'm not in this league so I hopefully it'll be alright to ask this question. Would anyone trade Drew Brees for Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson? I already have Brett Favre and David Gerrard on my roster.

I would trade away Drew Brees to get Reggie Wayne in that circumstance but then again you should keep in mind that I have not invested heavily in QBs at all. I assume that only one QB can start in your league.

Isn't it great to have Brett Favre on your team when he's throwing up numbers like he's doing this year? ;)

Oh, and by the way, I picked up Santonio Holmes and Cotchery from waivers a few days ago and they combined for more than 250 yards receiving this weekend and a pair of TD's :rofl:

I love free agents :yes: