Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

I've just entered Fort Frolic, is there anything I should know?

cherish your gaming moments there, it is one of the greatest levels ever, by someone who also another one of the best levels ever

I'm having some trouble in Port Prometheus.

I've assembled the Big Daddy suit, and I now face a dilemma. Before fulfilling all the tasks to get the suit, I hadn't killed any of the wandering Protectors, to rescue the Gatherers. Since I'm now wearing the suit, I can't find any damn Protectors ANYWHERE in the level. They just aren't around.

Anyone have the same problem?

Genetically enhanced publisher 2K Games has declined to confirm or deny the rumours surrounding downloadable content for BioShock.

Speculation began after eagle-eyed boffins claimed to have found details of new Gene Tonics and plasmids hidden in the game's innards.

Advertisement

The code documentation they used as evidence has been posted on the official 2K forums, and shows what appears to be foundations for a PlasmidPack1 downloadable addition.

"Having concluded clinical trials on four new Genetic Improvements, Ryan Industries is proud to announce the general release of their newest products," reads the evidence.

These are a Sonic Boom plasmid that hurls your enemies back with a blast of force, as well as Gene Tonics Eve Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Bully.

Delving deeper into the alien-like literature and you'll find all sorts of not yet implemented (our tech chap says "commented out") powers. There's Electric Bold Zero, Life Drain, Telekinesis Two and Revival.

Go even deeper still, and you'll find a whole unused Ecology plasmid type, based around usage in pressurised areas. So if you use the High-Pressure Armour Plasmid, then you'll take less damage when the local pressure is a bit high can't breathe, gulp.

Plasmids and Gene Tonics, for those who don't know, are genetic alterations that you can use to augment your abilities. Plasmids are active, so you can use them to fire at people, while Gene Tonics are passive and permanently upgrade your abilities depending on which ones you have equipped.

BioShock was released at the end of August and is many people's pick to be the game of the year. Pop over to our review to see why we awarded it top marks.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82822

What you posted is basically it, besides Tenenbaum's voiceover saying how all you wanted was a real family, etc. etc.

But in the end, it totally neglects to answer A.) How the plasmids affected your body. B.) Why you were a normal "human" again even after becoming a Big Daddy. C.) How no one on the surface realized you were on fire and could move objects with your mind.

You are right, however, you don't under go the entire "Big Daddy Transformation", as your only squirted yourself with the Big Daddy scent, only wearing the armour (not fused to it) and you had your voice box perminatly changed. The full transformation involves having your skin and organs fused to the suit and been gentical altered to be a mindless protector of the "little sisters". So you can in fact return to "normal" again easily enough, the only major side effect is you will never be able to talk again (only groan like a Big Daddy) BUT they could of used ADAM to repair the damage to your voice box, as it does allow you to change and do anything...also, they could of used ADAM to reverse the effects of the plasmids on your body, as there is no limit to what it can do just my thoughts.

So nobody can help me out? :(

Just keep looking....I remember once playing through the game that I had knocked on the hole for the Little Sister to come out after I'd gotten the suit and as I went to go to the next level it popped up a msg saying I hadn't rescued all of the Little Sisters and that it would be strongly recommended that I did before continuing.....so I went back and found one (although he didn't have a Little Sister with him, but I just followed him for a while until he acquired one)......I know you said you looked everywhere, but I know with me being in the same situation that they are still around :)

How do you get the best ending, kill them or harvest them? Havnt played this game yet just curious as Ill be getting tommorow.

Y (Rescue) them all = Good Ending

X (Harvest) them all = Bad Ending

:)

I've just fired BioShock up for the first time since the update, and I'm getting horrendous lag. It's freezing on me every 10 seconds or so.

I never had it before the update.

Just beat the game for the first time, got the good ending. I'm a little disappointed.

I didn't get as much GS as I hoped, so I'm going to start over with a guide. Is hard as hard as people make out? :p

Y (Rescue) them all = Good Ending

X (Harvest) them all = Bad Ending

:)

I wonder if theres a ratio in place. Or is it just black and white? I mean if you saved all the sisters, but harvested one right at the end. Would you get a bad ending? I started saving them, but needed the adam so butchered the little ones. Poor things.

Anyway, for those interested. Videos of the endings. Good

Saving them doesn't yield that much less ADAM especially with the tonic that gives you even more max ADAM from the little sisters, and the gift teddy bear that Tenenbaum gives you periodically with 200 ADAM in there.

I've just fired BioShock up for the first time since the update, and I'm getting horrendous lag. It's freezing on me every 10 seconds or so.

I never had it before the update.

I've seen that maybe you have to clear out the xbox hard drive cache. I haven't had the problem (just keep plugging through the game, damn fun too), but that seems to be working.

"we have a new patch for you, mr. bub...bubb..bu...bub..bubbles!"

what were they thinking?

at least it seems holding the LB-RB from load to the 2k title works!

awesome game btw, although fort frolic is a pain...

just rented this game from blockbuster, stupidly died a few times in the most stupid ways i.e. taking more than i can handle against splicers etc, but going through nice and slow, checking every room etc, just got the 3rd little sister and in the fisheries place on my way to the submarine :D

this is not a rental, my friend... anyway, really starting to love this game now, just hope it isn't too short...the bathysphere (spl?) and the destination slots...is that any indication?

You guys are getting stuttering problems too? I thought I was the only one. I started getting them towards the end of the game. Played right through it though. Just finished the game today. :)

I got it in Arcadia on my first play through, then again just before the Fisheries (I'm on my second playthrough on Hard).

Hold the L+R bumpers as soon as you put the disc in the tray/click on play until after the red 2K logo, fixed it both times for me.