Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

geez, i got through this game so slow. I'm looking around in every room for any recording device. I am only on level 4 and i play for all of sunday. Its the only day i could play it since my premium died.

i dont know if it was just me but how long did it take you guys to beat this game. i am on summer break so it took me like a day to beat it. needless to say i was extremely dissapointed since i was looking foward to a long game. i played through once on hard, but i selected medium at first and changed it to hard first time i could control my guy, and i was so ****ed after i beat the final boss that i didnt get the seriously good at this achievement, so now i am on my second playthrough to get that and little sister savior.

Woo according to the 2K forums they are definately going to fix the subtitles, I have been playing through the game and most of them are way too fast, some are slow and some don't show at all which is annoying, hope they fix it soon.

Yeah the subtitles are annoying :pinch:

I had the most awesome thing happen last night. A Houdini Splicer started on a Big Daddy in the Farmers Market and it took a quarter of the Big Daddys health away before it was beat to a pulp, then the Big Daddy walked infront of an RPG Turret which I had hacked and had another quarter of his health removed before the RPG Turret blew up. I then unloaded a few grenades on him and he died :laugh:

That was the easiest Big Daddy fight so far :D

I had the most awesome thing happen last night. A Houdini Splicer started on a Big Daddy in the Farmers Market and it took a quarter of the Big Daddys health away before it was beat to a pulp, then the Big Daddy walked infront of an RPG Turret which I had hacked and had another quarter of his health removed before the RPG Turret blew up. I then unloaded a few grenades on him and he died :laugh:

in fort frolic i hypnotised a big daddy to follow me around and it somehow got into a fight with another big daddy meaning the survivor just took 1 exploding buck to kill and i got myself a little sister :p and a hell of a lot of research points from the photos.

in fort frolic i hypnotised a big daddy to follow me around and it somehow got into a fight with another big daddy meaning the survivor just took 1 exploding buck to kill and i got myself a little sister :p and a hell of a lot of research points from the photos.

I have made it my aim to see two Big Daddy's duke it out :laugh:

Today i received my second copy from England, which was out of stock. So they sent me a Limited Edition instead of the normal at no extra cost.

Think I'll sell it in Denmark for a decent profit :laugh: The LE edition costs a bit more over here.

I am at Fort Frolic, and I decided to check my Achievements since I got one for getting lucky on the slot machines.

So can someone explain the whole picture taking thing to me? I have took a few, but not many at all, so I still have all of those achievements.

Do I just need to take a picture of everyone and everything before I start fighting them??

I am at Fort Frolic, and I decided to check my Achievements since I got one for getting lucky on the slot machines.

So can someone explain the whole picture taking thing to me? I have took a few, but not many at all, so I still have all of those achievements.

Do I just need to take a picture of everyone and everything before I start fighting them??

Yes up close and getting it when they shoot or something is the best bet. Don't take them when they are dead as that gets you little research, don't forget you can take photos of turrents and cameras. Also don't take many of the same enemy as your points for that 1 enemy will decrease one after the other. I wish there was a quick photo button, hate having to switch through to the camera. Hope that helps.

Yes up close and getting it when they shoot or something is the best bet. Don't take them when they are dead as that gets you little research, don't forget you can take photos of turrents and cameras. Also don't take many of the same enemy as your points for that 1 enemy will decrease one after the other. I wish there was a quick photo button, hate having to switch through to the camera. Hope that helps.

Definitely helps, Thanks. Like I did not know I could take pictures of turrets and cameras too. :blush:

Just started playing on Hard, holy smokes that made quite a difference ... I seriously doubt i can even get through it again now.

+1... the thuggish splicers in welcome to rapture actually need dodging or at least the "one two" punch as atlas calls it, whereas on medium you just hit them with the wrench :(

you can also take pictures of the flying security bots... don't forget them. i'd try and take pictures of cameras before because i realised at the end of the game i'd hacked or destroyed every camera in the game which was a real pain :p

if you get one of the elite bouncers with a little sister its definately worth it though... its quite fun sneaking along behind a big daddy when you have one following you :p

What all can you take pictures of? I fully researched every splicer, Big Daddy, and Little Sister, as well as cameras, turrets, and security bots, but I didn't get the Prolific Photographer achievement. You apparently need to take only one photo from each group, but apparently I missed a group.

What all can you take pictures of? I fully researched every splicer, Big Daddy, and Little Sister, as well as cameras, turrets, and security bots, but I didn't get the Prolific Photographer achievement. You apparently need to take only one photo from each group, but apparently I missed a group.

Remember you need to fully research both Bouncers and Rosies.

Yeah, I did. But still, Prolific Photographer is only taking one picture from each group. I'm not talking about the Research PhD, though figuring out what I've missed will also help me get that one as well.

Try, 4 trip wires and then two prox grenades on a gas cylinder. :p

Yes up close and getting it when they shoot or something is the best bet.

Not viable on hard, the Machine gunners later eat health when they shoot. Best thing to do is freeze em or stun em, shoot the photo and blow their heads off. :)

I've managed to do that to get them all bar the nitro splicer (don't show up often enough imo) achivement and big daddys (I spent most of my time setting up traps to kill them in three hits :p) because I keep forgetting them. :(

Hmm on my second play through and just realised while going for the 'ironic' achievement I'm going to miss finding the quarters of a certain lunatic who makes you take photos. Bah maybe I'll get it on the third play through. :(

Try, 4 trip wires and then two prox grenades on a gas cylinder. :p

Not viable on hard, the Machine gunners later eat health when they shoot. Best thing to do is freeze em or stun em, shoot the photo and blow their heads off. :)

I've managed to do that to get them all bar the nitro splicer (don't show up often enough imo) achivement and big daddys (I spent most of my time setting up traps to kill them in three hits :p ) because I keep forgetting them. :(

Hmm on my second play through and just realised while going for the 'ironic' achievement I'm going to miss finding the quarters of a certain lunatic who makes you take photos. Bah maybe I'll get it on the third play through. :(

I read that you can still get there because you loot his key off of him after you kill him.

I read that you can still get there because you loot his key off of him after you kill him.

You get a key but I thought that was for the box in that room. :s

Will have to try it later, not far from that point. Getting my completion time down to about 15 hrs now. :D :)

Regarding the meeting with Ryan...

When you meet up with Ryan and own him with a Golf Club.. he says something about why the plane crashed.. what was it?

Regarding the meeting with Ryan...

When you meet up with Ryan and own him with a Golf Club.. he says something about why the plane crashed.. what was it?

It was planned so that he would end up at the rapture

Not sure how much is said there so won't say much more in case I spoil things

It was planned so that he would end up at the rapture I think , the guy you play was programmed when he little to be commanded by certain words

Your under mind control, and then you hijack the plane and crash it by rapture, because of a certain trigger word or something

I just killed two Big Daddies at one time without dying!! I was in the Gardens and two of the Rosie Big Daddys walked past each other at the same time as a Nitro Splicer. The Splicer triggered the security camera I had Hacked, while one of the big daddies started fighting the Splicer, I then used the Aggressor Irritant on the other Big Daddy, and they they started fighting, by which time two of my bots had shown up and were firing away. I just stepped back and launched a few heat seeking missiles into the mix.

It was pretty awesome. :happy:

Man I read the review of bioshock on videogamesuck.com and I read it, and I got to the end and there's a frikin spoiler there and now that guy has ruined it for me, although i stopped reading after realising there were more spoilers to continue so I just read the first sentence then I turned off my computer while my eyes were closed, man it was infuriating to find the power switch with my eyes closed. But even more so that I know what happens at the end. Can anyone tell me if this really will ruin it for me: killing andrew ryan, thats the only spoiler I know so will it ruin it for me?

PM me if you've finished the game