Bioshock PC Demo

I am really annoyed that Fileplanet will not unlock the file I originally downloaded for the preload. Now, I have to wait for another 1.84GB file to download (thank god its not from useless Fileplanet). I am NEVER visiting that P.O.S. site again!

Ran great here too. All settings on High at 1680x1050 (max res for me).

Can't wait to play the full game now.

AMD X2 4600+

8800GTX

2GB RAM

Windows Vista

I am currently downloading it now (I am a Fileplanet subscriber for 4 years now and I am getting horribly slow speeds) just for kicks and giggles.

I have an older system (by todays gaming standards) for sure...

64 3500+, 6800 Ultra (AGP), XiFi Platinum, 2GB 3200 Ram

so in all honestly I just want to see how bad it really runs.

i was surprised how well it ran. medium settings at 1440x900 on a amd 64 3200+, 1.5gigs ram, and a x1900gt. overall it ran very smoothly till the end where it started to slown down a bit but was still playable. once i upgrade to a x2 4000+(overclocked of course) and 2 gigs of ram, it should run great.

Let me know how it runs, DirtyLarry, apart from an extra GB of RAM, you have a pretty identical system to me there =D
please do post about how it runs, as a friend of mine at work has bout the same system you do and he's curious to see how it runs.

I will definitely post how it runs if I am able to download it tonight.

I seriously am getting amazingly crappy speeds, and I did an internet speed test and my connection is fine.

If I do not download it tonight before bed, tomorrow I pick it up for the 360 after work, so I can pretty much guarantee I will not bother even trying it on the PC at that point.

So as long as I download it in the next two hours or so, I will definitely post about how the performance was. (Y)

If not, I did not get it in time, and I apologize for crappy connections speeds.

I tried my HD2900XT and it runs with VSYNC on at 60 FPS no slowdown, all settings maxed. However ... I did notice display corruption along with solid black textures on everything at first ... lol then I downloaded the ATI Bioshock Hotfix ... now its fixed. If any ATI users need the link, just go to http://support.ati.com/ and search for article 737-29041 - should be right there on the main page.

I seriously am getting amazingly crappy speeds, and I did an internet speed test and my connection is fine.

If I do not download it tonight before bed, tomorrow I pick it up for the 360 after work, so I can pretty much guarantee I will not bother even trying it on the PC at that point.

So as long as I download it in the next two hours or so, I will definitely post about how the performance was. (Y)

If not, I did not get it in time, and I apologize for crappy connections speeds.

I've noticed that DirtyLarry; on fileplanet.com when something comes out that everyone wants, the servers of fileplanet.com seem to really slow down. The rush will be over in like a day or 2.

I must say, they went nuts with reflections, almost every damn surface looked like it was soaking wet (even if the room was supposed to be dry)

But the scene with the Big Daddy beating the crap out of the guy, that rocked.

I must say, they went nuts with reflections, almost every damn surface looked like it was soaking wet (even if the room was supposed to be dry)

But the scene with the Big Daddy beating the crap out of the guy, that rocked.

I would have to say to this, it looks beautiful, on both xbox360, and pc. I think with the rooms being reflective, would be that if water is leaking into the place, moisture might cause that.

for the big daddy scene, yeah, rocked his head ;)

hey guys, BTW.... filefront.com has the demo up, blazing speeds, i was getting 500+ for downloading if you are having issues from fileplanet.com

The game runs fine at 1024x768 on High on my pc and it looks awesome even if you don't have a DX10 card. Yeah there are moments where it lags and I assume it's because I have a 256mb vidcard and there were moments where the game chugged and froze for 2-3 seconds at most. I'll try the newest drivers cause I'm using 94.xx, I doubt it will help much, still won't hurt.

Hooray at a nice door :huh:

bioshocklightrx8.jpg

My own download finished a lot faster than I thought it would:

On the following system -

Athlon 64 3400+ (120nm Clawhammer, old CPU)

1Gb DDR

Geforce 6800Ultra (AGP)

Bioshock ran almost perfectly at 1024x768 and default settings (the game seemed to have put most things on full/high). I'm very pleased with how it ran on my somewhat modest system.

And for once in my life, I was caught off guard when I thought the opening part was ALL CGI and "Press WASD to move" came up on screen >_>

But yeah, it runs FINE on this rig, the very odd jerk here and there but not even enough to cause a problem in a firefight.

Hell, it runs better than BF2, that's for sure.

I would have to say to this, it looks beautiful, on both xbox360, and pc. I think with the rooms being reflective, would be that if water is leaking into the place, moisture might cause that.

for the big daddy scene, yeah, rocked his head ;)

hey guys, BTW.... filefront.com has the demo up, blazing speeds, i was getting 500+ for downloading if you are having issues from fileplanet.com

I'm just getting annoyed that some people (e.g. game developers) think "next-gen" means everything needs reflections.

haha, you guys are funny, get a 360, the game always come out first, dont have to worry about system specs. The game was released days ago, no need for a countdown, haha

I'm just getting annoyed that some people (e.g. game developers) think "next-gen" means everything needs reflections.

reflection are not, bioshock is nextgen, the game is technically incredible. all the hype...aint hype, after the years ive grown tired of corridor shooters, i hated Prey. Bioshock fells good. there was one gripe i had, i played very skillfully and search my but off to get full ammo in all my guns. The you get to a part where you have to stash your weapons in a bin temporarily, WHEN I GOT MY WEAPONS BACK ALL MY AMMO WAS GONE, ALL MY GOOD BULLETS!!! I WAS PRETTY ****ED. They start you from default with ammo. I guess they did that to make you feel like you defenseless again, and make you use your plasmids. honestly, this game destroys the Halflife series.

haha, you guys are funny, get a 360, the game always come out first, dont have to worry about system specs. The game was released days ago, no need for a countdown, haha
haha, you guys are funny, get a console that burns and heats up 30% of the time for games with short lifespans, yeah I'm crazy like that (N)
honestly, this game destroys the Halflife series.
I doubt that Bioshock will destroy any Half-Life game. As fun as it seems, if the demo lasted 15 minutes of gameplay, how long will the full game last? And both HL games are incredibly fun, last long and are fun to replay and I'm sure many agree with me.

Dirty Larry, is the 6800 Ultra a SM3 card? Just wondering cos Bioshock "needs" and SM3 capable card to play apparently.

I've got: AMD64 3200+, 2Gb OCZ Platinum, XFX 7800GT OC and it played remarkably well in DX9 at 1680x1050 on high settings. Couple of blips here and there but nothing too major. I'm upgrading before I buy this game anyway, and tbh I may get it on 360 anyway (acheivements :D)

haha, you guys are funny, get a console that burns and heats up 30% of the time for games with short lifespans, yeah I'm crazy like that (N)

I doubt that Bioshock will destroy any Half-Life game. As fun as it seems, if the demo lasted 15 minutes of gameplay, how long will the full game last? And both HL games are incredibly fun, last long and are fun to replay and I'm sure many agree with me.

Considering that it takes like what, 5 years for games of this quality to be developed (Bioshock and HL2), I doubt either are going to "destroy" the other. Really, only the fanbois of either series will be fighting while the rest of us will just play one while awaiting the next instalment of the other.

I mean really, when it comes to october, do you REALLY think someone's going to go "OOOOooo, HL2: Episode 2 is out, but oh wait, I played a game that was just as good a few months ago, so I'm not going to buy it. In fact, I'm not going to buy any game that is inferior to this game, I'm just going to stop playing games until another one like Bioshock comes out"?

That would just be silly =P

Dirty Larry, is the 6800 Ultra a SM3 card? Just wondering cos Bioshock "needs" and SM3 capable card to play apparently.

The Geforce 6xxxx range are SM3.0 Compliant. It was ATI that didn't support it properly at that point in time.

very true.. the next gen i would say is complete deformation of all artifacts in a game, walls, ground.. etc. That is what the next gen should be, but they just keep stating this is next gen, just better graphics. Don't get me wrong, the graphics in any next gen are good, it's just lacking the engine for real deformation of an environment.

actually, 20 hours; they confirmed it in a video review on ign.