Bioshock PC Demo

Worked pretty nicely on my computer @ 1280x1024 resolution @ the highest settings, eventhough it did lag had some intesnive parts of the game.

My specs:

- Core 2 Duo E6420

- XFX 7900GS 256MB (with the previous drivers, not the Bioshock optimized ones)

- 2GB DDR2 RAM

- Windows XP Pro SP2

Going to try the new drivers, and see how well it works if I force AA.

Worked pretty nicely on my computer @ 1280x1024 resolution @ the highest settings, eventhough it did lag had some intesnive parts of the game.

My specs:

- Core 2 Duo E6420

- XFX 7900GS 256MB (with the previous drivers, not the Bioshock optimized ones)

- 2GB DDR2 RAM

- Windows XP Pro SP2

Going to try the new drivers, and see how well it works if I force AA.

sweet deal, cant wait to here back on this one..

i just tried it on my system and my specs are in my sig, and it doesn't lag one single bit everything on high at 1680*1050.

I freaking love this.

i just tried it on my system and my specs are in my sig, and it doesn't lag one single bit everything on high at 1680*1050.

EVGA E-Geforce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3

*Lyon looks at his 7600GT* sigh....

*Lyon looks at his 7600GT* sigh....

don't worry, i have a 7900GT and still feel the same as you, i need some money lol

Well I got to try it out... :(

Again, just to reiterate my main specs, 64 3500+, 6800 Ultra (AGP), 2 GB 3200, XiFi Platinum

I left everything at default since I am off to bed right after this, which includes a 1024*768 resolution (most settings on high) and according to Fraps, I averaged between 15-20 Frames Per Second, and this was with nothing at all going on, as I quit it very short into the Demo (inside the thing that brings you down the fathoms).

I am sure I could have tweaked the hell out of the settings and turned most to either low or medium to get it to run a constant 30 FPS, but I did not bother since I am getting it on the 360 tomorrow.

So basically anyone with an old rig can probably, key word is probably, play it, but obviously the graphics are going to be nowhere near what they can be, and it will still probably chug along in certain areas. It will probably actually really chug along considering I did not even see any real action.

One day soon I hope to upgrade. In the meantime, although I wish I could use a keyboard and mouse, I am very happy I have a 360 to enjoy it on, as that was just a pretty sad experience I just went through.

BTW Kushan, I think you mentioned BF2, and I was and am still able to get a consistent 60+ Frames Per Second on my rig with BF2 (BF2142 for that matter as well) and that is forcing it to run @ 1680*1050. :blink:

Yawn...

Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Bioshock.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	46c2290a
  Fault Module Name:	d3d9.dll

runs good on my computer. get between 25-60 fps when i play with my setup. everything is maxed at 1680x1050. i am quite happy about that. i also really wanted to test this game because it'll give me a brief look on how ut3 will run on my system and everything looks hopeful :)

Yawn...

Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	Bioshock.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:	46c2290a
  Fault Module Name:	d3d9.dll

Faulting application bioshock.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.762, fault address 0x00017440.

:crazy: It always crashes when I get down underwater and it starts to load the city thing

did you update your drivers? what's your hardware?

7600 GT with 6.14.11.6218 drivers

E6300 Core 2 Duo

XP Home

1 GB RAM

I'm going to try those new drivers for Bioshock right now

The game is, well, OK. I looks a little plastic, but the lighting and water is cool. I think it would be a fun game to hack and run around at full strength killing and shooting stuff but that is about it.

I ran it at 1680x1050 with everything maxed out on an 8800GTS.

yeah thank god i am still using XP, effin vista is to buggy

my specs are 3800+X2 with 8600GTS and 2GB ram and vista ultimate and game run perfectly fine for me in DX10 mode and i have no issue with vista so your statement tells me you have not used vista in awile a big while or not at all.

my specs are 3800+X2 with 8600GTS and 2GB ram and vista ultimate and game run perfectly fine for me in DX10 mode and i have no issue with vista so your statement tells me you have not used vista in awile a big while or not at all.

i use it everyday at work on about 20 different computers and on a computer at home(from custom builds to tell, acers, compaq, toshiba, gateway, sony and on macs). just becuase it's running good for you doesn't mean it's not buggy for the majority. working retail i can tell you IMMEDIATELY that most people we sell computers to run into random issues with vista (yes some of them are because the user is stupid, but not the majority).