Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta

Sometimes I have to constantly restart the system, or switch between the game and the dashboard. It seems to depend on what time of the day it is for me as well.

I just tried the beta for a while, and I must say that it is awesome. The controls are smooth and work very well.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting this game when it comes out!

The only thing that will really get rid of the "Downloading Game Settings" is to let it sit there. Sometimes, going to the dashboard may seem to work but it's just a coencidence that it stopped when you got back on.

This game is quite awesome. I was actually pretty bad at COD2 and 3 multiplayer but I've been decent with this one. Love that AK-47 and semi-automatic sniper rifle. Does anyone know when they are going to raise the level cap from 11 to something higher? I feel like I'm getting all this XP and its doing me no good. Also will our gamertag progress be saved for when the actual game comes out or will we all start from scratch?

This game is quite awesome. I was actually pretty bad at COD2 and 3 multiplayer but I've been decent with this one. Love that AK-47 and semi-automatic sniper rifle. Does anyone know when they are going to raise the level cap from 11 to something higher? I feel like I'm getting all this XP and its doing me no good. Also will our gamertag progress be saved for when the actual game comes out or will we all start from scratch?

We'll be starting from scratch.

Learn to use a proper sniper. You shouldn't be rewarded for spraying across the map :p

We'll be starting from scratch.

Learn to use a proper sniper. You shouldn't be rewarded for spraying across the map :p

I'm not terrible with the bolt action rifle but I prefer the semi-automatic. You have to shoot more than once though because it isn't as powerful so there is a trade-off. I'm just glad that I'm not getting housed like I did in the other games. I just recently started getting into shooters in the past year or so, so I am pretty far behind some of the guys who have been playing them for years.

What really bothers me is the lack of ammunition, i see myself running around trying to find a replacement weapon constantly. What soldier only brings a single clip/mag or two with him to a battlefield?

What really bothers me is the lack of ammunition, i see myself running around trying to find a replacement weapon constantly. What soldier only brings a single clip/mag or two with him to a battlefield?

Especially so with the SMGs. They're lighter and have smaller clips specifically so the soldier can carry more.

I saw someone on the COD forums suggest having an ammo drop for the team after a 10 kill streak. I think that would be a good idea, providing they balance it - make the bonus worthwhile but do something to ensure people don't just camp next to it for the entire round.

Especially so with the SMGs. They're lighter and have smaller clips specifically so the soldier can carry more.

I saw someone on the COD forums suggest having an ammo drop for the team after a 10 kill streak. I think that would be a good idea, providing they balance it - make the bonus worthwhile but do something to ensure people don't just camp next to it for the entire round.

What about being able to pick up the ammo of people you killed? Granted it would have to be the same ammo, but just an idea.

You do pick up ammo from dead people. I can't really tell if that was a serious question or not. But all you have to do is walk directly over the gun and you'll be fine.

I am not in the Beta, but the game looks awesome, but I am interested to know how this weapon upgrade system and the whole air strike and helicopter thing fit in the game. I kind of cringe at these ideas, because it seems kind of unfair... It's like the best players get extra help for doing well, It just never made much sense to me.

How balanced does the game actually feel at the moment???

Air Strike=5 kills without dying

Helicopter=7 kills without dying.

Upgrades work by kills and headshots. Start out to get 25, then 75, then finally, 150.

Personally, I feel the game is balanced.

EDIT: also UAV(radar)=3 kills without dying.

now, a swat team controlled by AI would be hilarious Haha

20 kills for it xP

Swat team?

Be more like some super special forces unit I think, because the teams are military.

I'm disappointed in the ACOG scope. I actually think the red dot sight is better on the M4 and AK-47. As far as ammo is concerned I usually end up dying before I run out completely but I've been close quite a few times. The only time I run out on a regular basis is sniping in Overgrown. I find a particularly good spot behind my team and get a decent amount of kills racked up only to run out of ammo and have to run around with the pistol out.