Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta

no betas for me boys i'm waiting for the finished product. will get it anyway, so why test what you have no doubts about?

To tide you over til the real thing :) Gonna be a pain getting all my unlocks again though :p I mean it hasn't taken long, but I expect it'll take longer in the retail game.

So the beta is open to the UK now? When will signups re-open?
Registration is closed, however there will be more ways to get into the BETA, and we will continue to update you on the details as soon as they’re finalized! International members, please stay tuned, as news on how you can get a Beta token for your country will be coming next week.
?

I really like Overgrown and Crash. I liked Vacant to begin with but it just gets so repetitive and for me it's either I do really well or really bad and never in the middle. I can use any gun except the snipers and get airstrike and chopper support on one game and get 0 kills for 10 deaths on another. On Overgrown and Crash I'm more consistent, usually first or second if I join at the start of the game (providing my team is actually competent and can kill enemies I haven't spotted).

The BF2-style noobtubing with the grenade launchers definitely needs to be fixed. That's my only problem with the game.

My main gripes with the Beta is, Grenade Launcher & Grenades not exploding after you die.

And the last one is really ****ing me off! So annoying to throw a well placed grenade between three guys, then it not exploding because you got shot. It's so stupid!

But beside that, it feels like a really polished Beta, extremely solid.

I'm freaking HAPPY!

"If you have a COD4 BETA Icon under your user name on the forums, this means that your registered to receive or have already received a BETA token for the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer BETA.

Some of you who haven't received keys yet are probably on the list who signed up over the 24-hour sign-up and your key just hasn't arrived yet.

Essentially, if you have an icon, you're a beta tester (present or future) so congrats. We appreciate all the great feedback you guys have been providing in helping us fine tune the multiplayer experience before launch."

unavngivethe3.jpg

US Only "for now" my ass :laugh:

Yeah US only :shiftyninja:

*waits for his token*

post-98089-1188657907.jpg

Sick of this Halo type Party system. bunch of friends team up, who knows each other, play well together against a bunch of new guys who are gonna get steamrolled. And 9/10 times It's always like 6 against 3 or 4 because it doesn't even out either when they are in a party.

Sick of this Halo type Party system. bunch of friends team up, who knows each other, play well together against a bunch of new guys who are gonna get steamrolled. And 9/10 times It's always like 6 against 3 or 4 because it doesn't even out either when they are in a party.

I like it. It makes it a lot easier to play with friends on the same team. You can't say it takes long for teams to even up...and if they are inbalanced for too long, and you don't like it, you can always quit =/

Takes a helluva' long to find a TDM game, why would i wanna quit? All i can do is shut up and get steamrolled the entire map.

Yeah, but there's something called common courtesy where one of the guys from the team could join the lesser team. Worked in just about every other game ever released. This is just a lazy mans party system ( And that is why people like it )

But ofc. this is MY opinion ...

Edited by MichaelBL

10 seconds isn't a long time to wait.

Oh my god, yeah it only takes 10 second, that's why I'm saying it takes a long time :rolleyes:

Jesus christ, no point in arguing with you.

@ Magik: True, just annoying when you are ' against the system' :laugh:

well im loving the beta but im qettin tired of the non english speaking people or little kids who be cussing all the time i said this is not halo & the kid said i dont give a (adult content) i own you all i was like sure kid sure

well im loving the beta but im qettin tired of the non english speaking people or little kids who be cussing all the time i said this is not halo & the kid said i dont give a (adult content) i own you all i was like sure kid sure

Yeah, It's extremely noticeable since It's a free Beta. Every kid from the block has the game, I've never heard so much bull**** in my life. People are extremely rude and everyone keep insulting each others mothers.

I never muted a person on Xbox Live until i tried this Beta.

Yeah, It's extremely noticeable since It's a free Beta. Every kid from the block has the game, I've never heard so much bull**** in my life. People are extremely rude and everyone keep insulting each others mothers.

I never muted a person on Xbox Live until i tried this Beta.

Last night at around 1 AM I checked it out for the first time. Literally right away there was this little kid with this SUPER high pitched voice, just singing and rhyming, constantly saying Master Chief Rules (not making that up) and being a general ass.

I did not have my headset on as I was only going to check it out for like 30 minutes, but not only me but especially my fiance was getting really annoyed at listening to him through the TV speakers, so I put my headset on and said the first thing that came to mind which wound up being:

"Elmo. Shut the **** Up."

Which was greeted by about 10 seconds of laughing from everyone else. :laugh:

We all then muted him, and it was some of the coolest group of guys I have ran into on MP on Live. Seriously, blew me away. Everyone had just gotten in in the last 2 days, so we were all helping each other out with controls, etc., and just generally having a good talk about initial impressions and the game itself. Really a good group of guys (and one girl actually).

It gave me faith that there can still be some decent people on Live, as generally speaking I encounter annoying people way often than not.

Hey could someone fill me in on this beta.

is it for PC?

i dont have a 360 or ps3 or anything, just wondered if there is a pc beta or if there ever will be

sorry for the n00b question.

Wow Larry,

I wish i would find such games, that would certainly be a pleasant surprise :laugh:

The standard discussion goes something like this ( This is for real, said in my second or third game )

*Guy having problem with hes Mic*

"That's the sound your mom makes when i rape her"

"haha blow me dude"

"**** you"

"like i did to your mom"

"stfu << racial epithet >>"

"Guys, shut the hell up"

"This game blows!"

"Anyone else getting Halo 3?"

"Halo 3 blows, go **** your mother"

Etc.

I swear to god, this is the most mature conversation i heard in the game so far :s