Team Fortress 2 General

The only problem i have found with the beta was that the game crashed for me once. Aprt from that it's been fine. I did notice that when i updated the nvidia driver to 163.69 that the game became a bit more choppy when there were a few things going on.

After having hardly any problems before todays update, im now having loads of problems. When i start the game i get the valve screen with the guy's head and the valve, i then get the loading splash screen all fine and dandy. Then when the game has finished loading it minimises and im back on the desktop, when i then maximise the game again i get a black screen.

I can hear the music and the clicks as i roll the mouse over the different menu options, but i can't see them. I even get the steam community thing in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Any one else had this happen? Im getting kind of annoyed now.

If I pre-order the game directly from Steam then I take it I will not receive a nice shiny box, and it just downloaded straight onto the Computer? Whereas if I bought The Orange Box from somewhere like Play.com it would arive in a shiny box :p?

Yeah, I am a n00b when it comes to Steam!

I dunno about that, depends who is playing them. I was defending the 2fort info room with a engineer and my self as a Demo. Had a medic walk in with a HWG right under the 8 sticky grenades I had placed and into a full upgraded turrent.

Christ. Took use 15 minutes to clean up the mess! :p

Also managed to get 4 dominations that match :D

I dunno about that, depends who is playing them. I was defending the 2fort info room with a engineer and my self as a Demo. Had a medic walk in with a HWG right under the 8 sticky grenades I had placed and into a full upgraded turrent.

Christ. Took use 15 minutes to clean up the mess! :p

Also managed to get 4 dominations that match :D

What? Am i reading this right? You can put your demomans grenades into an engineers turrets?

You are correct Martyn, you don't get disks from Steam. However once you download the game you could use the backup function to burn the files to a CD/DVD.

Thanks for the reply :)

I quite fancy a nice shiny orange box though, so I guess I will pre-order from Play.com!

Sucks to be me.

The Steam Client did an update and then TF2 crashed again. Now Steam keeps crashing on me.

uninstall everything and redownload TF2 because repair doesnt work? :( Damn I have to start from the beginning in Peggle Delux also.

cool, 18th overall on the server so far :)

I don't know what you guys changed last night, but the server was a lot stable compared to friday evening. Either that or the fact that I'm in the UK and the server is in the US...

:laugh:

It really is.

The combo of HWG and Medic can be lethal... mostly just because people continuly pump bullets into the HWG. I'd rather die quickly knowing i've been able to take out the medic with me ;)

I've managed to take out a particularly stubborn heavy when i was a sniper in hydro.

The guy just stood there and let me get headshots over and over again, eventually knocked his health down to 0, even with the medic.

Also did a lucky headshot and took out another heavy in one hit, went for an engy, he was smart and saw the dot, and moved just in time, heavy right behind him wasn't so lucky, got it to the eye.

I haven't fully tested this bug yet, but when a match has ended.. and your dead, you can respawn by changing your class and run around during that little bit of quiet time before the map changes. I know it doesn't work when your the losing team though. Not sure about sudden death, but I don't think so.

I haven't fully tested this bug yet, but when a match has ended.. and your dead, you can respawn by changing your class and run around during that little bit of quiet time before the map changes. I know it doesn't work when your the losing team though. Not sure about sudden death, but I don't think so.

Wondered what that was, seen people on winning side running round and able to kill others,that needs fixing. Knew it was some sort of exploit

The winning thing seems intended, it takes the weapons off the losing side, and lets the winning side keep them.

Ideally you shouldn't get points or anything for killing a guy made unarmed by game rules. You shouldn't be able to respawn in that time too.

Ideally you shouldn't get points or anything for killing a guy made unarmed by game rules.

I see it as more of a punishment for the losing side for losing... but when your on the losing side its not much fun, I usually try my best to hide. :p

BeLGaRaTh: Sorry, should have been more specific. You have to be dead when they finally capture the last point, and then you can respawn, but obviously your not really going to be noticed since your starting all the way back in spawn. The other time is when the final scoreboard is being shown. (sorry, I'm still quite confused about when exactly you can do it)