Team Fortress 2 General

I see it as more of a punishment for the losing side for losing... but when your on the losing side its not much fun, I usually try my best to hide. :p

I completely agree, but the other team shouldn't get extra points for killing the other team after the game is over.

Man..my fps dropped horribly (to unplayable) when I tried playing yesterday...it had been just fine before that o.0 rebooted and still runs like #2

Havent done any changes on my machine IIRC...might try newer drivers again

I completely agree, but the other team shouldn't get extra points for killing the other team after the game is over.

Do points really matter? Your probably going to get another 5 kills max, so its hardly a big deal.

Been playing it heaps and love game, so much fun and it just looks awesome

got a question regarding the soldier class which i just cant figure out...

Sometimes when you fire a rocket it is a different kind of rocket... the colour of it is your team colour (red or blue) and when it fire's the sound it makes is different, its alot beefier sound.

I'm not sure if it does more damage, or what it's purpose is. Or even how to trigger it or what triggers it.... I've noticed it just seems to be a random thing.

Any one fill me in on this one

Been playing it heaps and love game, so much fun and it just looks awesome

got a question regarding the soldier class which i just cant figure out...

Sometimes when you fire a rocket it is a different kind of rocket... the colour of it is your team colour (red or blue) and when it fire's the sound it makes is different, its alot beefier sound.

I'm not sure if it does more damage, or what it's purpose is. Or even how to trigger it or what triggers it.... I've noticed it just seems to be a random thing.

Any one fill me in on this one

That's a randomly generated Critical Hit, similar to critical attacks in RPG's. I think it doubles the damage. You can achieve critical hits with any other classes and weapons.

That's a randomly generated Critical Hit, similar to critical attacks in RPG's. I think it doubles the damage. You can achieve critical hits with any other classes and weapons.

Now that you mention it..... I've noticed that sometimes on some of the other classe's if im a heavy, or sniper with the sub out, all of a sudden you'll get a bunch of critical hits for about 2 seconds.

Just weird that its a kinda of random event, would be good if you got some sort of warning about it, or a build up like the uber on medic...

Critical hits can be extremely helpful at times. Earlier today, a scout rush almost captured our control point in Hydro and I had just enough time to rush back and fire a single rocket which went critical and killed the scout in one glorious explosion at the last instant before the point got captured. Also, they come in really handy when dealing with heavy/medic combo's. Finally, since the build in frequency as your points increase, it helps you to finally push through and break choke points because once you kill 2 or 3 guys it is a lot easier to take out more.

Im inclined to think that critical hits are basically head shots, as a sniper i get them whenever i shoot some guy in the head. As a medic i was pumping this guy with syringe's, but as i aimed higher i started getting critical after critical and then they soon went down. I think it was a demo that i was shooting IIRC.

Im inclined to think that critical hits are basically head shots, as a sniper i get them whenever i shoot some guy in the head. As a medic i was pumping this guy with syringe's, but as i aimed higher i started getting critical after critical and then they soon went down. I think it was a demo that i was shooting IIRC.

No, since you can get a critical headshot (a complete overkill). Critical hits base purely on your luck. You also get it for the short moment after your team wins the round.

no, criticals can be headshots, i've done it with the sniper getting the heavy in the head. He doesn't die in one shot even to the head. Now with 100% power on the sniper rifle i'm not sure of, but i know without 100% power he won't go down in one shot to the head.

But you can get criticals with any gun in the head and chest i believe.

Critical hits are based on how you are doing. If you're not killing/damaging people you'll have a lower probability of getting a critical hit. If you are damaging/killing then the probability increases. This is explained in the commentary. It's done this way because they want to add more emotional highs and lows to multi player games.

Critical hits are based on how you are doing. If you're not killing/damaging people you'll have a lower probability of getting a critical hit. If you are damaging/killing then the probability increases. This is explained in the commentary. It's done this way because they want to add more emotional highs and lows to multi player games.

What commentary is this???? I've heard something about in game commentary a while back, is it on the TF2 Beta?

One other thing i've noticed that i cant figure out, i dont know if its just a bug or im doing something wrong....

But when you are loading a level and it shows you the class stat's.... Points & Time played.

My time played seems to always change depending on what character i am, however the class points dont seem to update.

For example my solider class is currently sitting on 20 points.... Now i've played through entire matches easily beating 20 points, upto around 90 points in some instances. Now this is without changing class's, sticking with the same one all match....

Doesn't matter though because it just doesnt update, my time played changes, but points stays the same.

Now i changed to scout for the next map to test, because my stats on that was 1 point to 27 seconds time played.

This was a fairly quick map and i ended up getting about 10 points, now this time it updated the scout section with points and time played.

Then i swaped to pyro on the next map and the same thing happened as usual, i got like 60 points and it doesnt update on that stats page.

Is this a common thing that is happening on is it just me? I would check the steam powered forums but its blocked here at work and i always forget this stuff when im at home :D