Team Fortress 2 General

I hope not... it's a great strategy. If that wasn't there Engineers would be massively nerfed, and they don't need to be compared to classes like the Scout.

I hope they change that and put a no build radius zone around the turrent that you cant place a dispenser in. Just long enough that you have to walk up and repair a turrent and not just sit there and keep hitting it.

They nerfed the speed at which you can build turrets so its a fair balance. Plus theres the introduction of the spy zappers!

In TFC you could errect and upgrade turrets in half the time!

You guys got any tips'n'tricks for engineers?

When in Sudden Death, it sometimes makes more sense to build a dispenser first rather than the sentry gun. They lock the medical cabinets, and on a map like 2Fort, ammo boxes are hard to come by.

As for defending on 2Fort, I build my sentry at the front entrance, where it can see the doorway leading down to the sewers but also shoot out the passage that connects to outside. Build your dispenser behind the wall to your left corner and your good to go. Its easier than defending elsewhere, instead of needing 2-3 engi's you can do a reasonable defence with just 1, just make sure you stay with the sentry to repair it + spy defense.

Thats one of the things that annoys me about this game.. theres no where you can hide teleporter exits where the enemy won't see them running past.

Does anyone else's graphic settings reset whenever you load TF2? Mine keep going to the recommended settings and on recommend it jerks all over the place :/

When in Sudden Death, it sometimes makes more sense to build a dispenser first rather than the sentry gun. They lock the medical cabinets, and on a map like 2Fort, ammo boxes are hard to come by.

As for defending on 2Fort, I build my sentry at the front entrance, where it can see the doorway leading down to the sewers but also shoot out the passage that connects to outside. Build your dispenser behind the wall to your left corner and your good to go. Its easier than defending elsewhere, instead of needing 2-3 engi's you can do a reasonable defence with just 1, just make sure you stay with the sentry to repair it + spy defense.

Thats one of the things that annoys me about this game.. theres no where you can hide teleporter exits where the enemy won't see them running past.

But Scouts simply jump on the roof on the bridge and onto 'our' second floor - completely evading your sentry :s

Thats why I build my sentry in or very close to the intelli room.

I got a tip too :p If youre many engineers working together - build dispensers VERY close to eachother. You will heal, rearm etc much faster.

Oh, and on 2Forts you can build sentrys underwater - they become much harder to notice but only shoot people IN the water.

Teleporters arent suited for 2Fort - it is too small, but on bigger maps it is perfect to get your teammates faster to the battlefield :D

And a question - do the sentrys range increase as you upgrade it?

But Scouts simply jump on the roof on the bridge and onto 'our' second floor - completely evading your sentry :s

Thats why I build my sentry in or very close to the intelli room.

I got a tip too :p If youre many engineers working together - build dispensers VERY close to eachother. You will heal, rearm etc much faster.

Oh, and on 2Forts you can build sentrys underwater - they become much harder to notice but only shoot people IN the water.

Teleporters arent suited for 2Fort - it is too small, but on bigger maps it is perfect to get your teammates faster to the battlefield :D

And a question - do the sentrys range increase as you upgrade it?

Yeah, well someone else can deal with the scouts. :p Its kinda pointless to build all the way back in the intelligence room and leave enemies free rain to kill people as they come out of spawn.

They shoot people out of the water as well, as long as they're within range. Few times where I've been looking down into the water to kill the engi+sentry and the sentry has owned me. :(

And I'm not sure about the range.. I wish they did.. but I don't think they do.

Edit: I was looking at a computer store I go to, and it turns out I have enough cash to buy myself a 512MB 8600GT, worth upgrading from a 256MB 7600GT?

No they only run about the same speed.

Just played on a local server, some of the guys were great, some of them I wanted to throttle.

For some reason, every so often on 2fort people don't know how to play, I've seen a sniper let the scout with our intel through and into the enemy base, and on other maps some people don't know anything about capture points (Why are 3 fully healed heavies taking out all the people around it and walking off without capping it?)

No they only run about the same speed.

Yeah, but I'm hoping the doubled VRAM would help.

Anyway, plan died, was wrong about the money.

Yeah, but I'm hoping the doubled VRAM would help.

Anyway, plan died, was wrong about the money.

Actually, I think the 7600GT's are faster than the 8600GT's.

I hope they change that and put a no build radius zone around the turrent that you cant place a dispenser in. Just long enough that you have to walk up and repair a turrent and not just sit there and keep hitting it.

It's easy to take out a turret, even with an engy sitting right next to it.

Just get a soldier to get it in his sights, then quickly fire off 4 rockets, can take it out very quickly (if you're out of range, otherwise get a spy)

Why is it not on steam ?

oh &*#$ the best video so far, Im "######-sure" about that. Very funny and the start was perfect, "If i were a bad Demoman I wouldnt be sitting here discussing it with you..." :laugh:

I cant wait to get the HD video from steam.

I'm having some serious audio issues - The main menu music sounds so ... Incoherent. Sounds In-game are mostly 'fine' thought they tend to cut off at times.

I get that, the menu music is erm, very strange, cuts off all the time, its as if the song is several different files which cut off and play the next one too soon....I am also unable to use my mic within the game....but this is all under Vista only....in WinXP its all fine.

Loved the Ignis vid, was very good. Reminds me of the neowin server at times. :p .

@thefonz - no there are no bots (at least none that i am aware of). You just dive in and hope you stay alive, although i learned the game very quickly. It's a very easy game to get used to.

Practice online will brand you with a big "wtf n00b?"

Lose-Lose situation. :p

Trust me it's much better to start as a noob and then get better with real players online. Bots will be nothing like the players online. There's too much tactical thinking going on, and people go back and forth in one area a lot before randomly deciding to go offence without notice. Bots wouldn't do that. You would find patterns in them very fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing the game and while chaotic its very very fun. Addicted from the start.

I agree that its best to just jump in and learn. Sure, you will get your ass handed to you for the first few hours if you are unlucky but its the best way to learn.

Starting to slowly figure out different tactics with the medic. Really enjoy being mainly a supportive character.