• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Halo 03 |MP| OFFICIAL

mail    10

Yeah, it is very rare to play with decent people when you do random matchmaking. Pretty sad really.

neoadorable    405

disagree. you guys are taking these fools to heart too much. ignore them, what can they possibly do? give you bad feedbak? who gives a flying ****? this is a fun game.

and i just made private, shyaaay! (said like that guy from Crank Yankers, you know "i peed in your pool!")

Hupp    0

i always seem to get matched up with descent people so i can't complain and i always leave feedback good or bad

DeadDean    0

UKR Timmy Dean

Invite me into some games plz

magik    25

I bet Bungie adds more levels.

Samboini    0

I seriously need to hit skill level 20. I've been playing for 2 days now and it still won't rank me up no matter how many matches I win in a row or similar! Frustrating!

addc182    1
I bet Bungie adds more levels.

i dont i bet instead they reset everyone's levels

magik    25
i dont i bet instead they reset everyone's levels

Why would they do that?

goji    30

Why bother? They don't have leaderboards anymore since H2's boosting fiasco. If anything anyone with a higher rank is either good or has no life (I'm sure its more of the latter). I'm about through with Halo, time for a more exciting series.

addc182    1
Why would they do that?

because that's what they did with halo 2 because of the modding and cheating and theres lots of that going on in halo 3. like achievement boosting and circle boosting ruining the level system

magik    25
because that's what they did with halo 2 because of the modding and cheating and theres lots of that going on in halo 3. like achievement boosting and circle boosting ruining the level system

But it's not really modding and cheating. In Halo 2, it affected other gamer's experience, in Halo 3, it is much more isolated and really insignificant. In addition, Bungie has many more tools in place to spot boosting and the like and can therefore ban/delete specific accounts.

Because of that, I highly doubt that the Halo 3 stats will be reset.

Tech Star    254

What do you guys mean by boosting?

GNRambo    0
That guy seriously needs a life.

I'm not going to sift through pages of this topic, but this guy is definetly boosting.

He gets this friend Link here (Look at his EXP total) To join games and quits.

Quite Pathetic.

bangbang023    31

That's a greater indication that he needs a life.

Trong    3

OMG. I knew something was funny with that guy.

I'm a Cololnel, do I need a life? :D

neoadorable    405

you already have one if there's a pulse involved and metabolism

bangbang023    31

One of my better games:

90085188zj4.th.jpg

Tech Star    254

What is going on!?!?! Everyone is like 100% better now! I lost my groove, I was like first all the time now I am usually 2nd and third. :(

GNRambo    0

Just saw a new feature online at bungie.net, cant seem to find it now. Looks like they're rolling it out. Its called heat maps, shows you heat for each death on the map. I'll try and posts links when i can.

Edit Found it: http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/HeatMapS...spoken%20Heresy

Edited by Sumeet

DigitalE    10

How does the leveling system work? I think it's flawed.

My friend and I were playing in Doubles, and 4 out of 5 times that we won, I got MVP and/or got more kills than he did. Yet for some reason, he quickly rose to level 30 while I'm still stuck fluctuating between 23 and 24.

:huh:

magik    25

My friend and I were playing in Doubles, and 4 out of 5 times that we won, I got MVP and/or got more kills than he did. Yet for some reason, he quickly rose to level 30 while I'm still stuck fluctuating between 23 and 24.

There are a lot of factors to the leveling system. It's purposefully set up so that having a short streak of good games doesn't affect your ranking as much as doing so over a long period of time. It is also dependent on your ranking versus those that you beat/lose to as well as many other factors that Bungie hasn't publicized.

Trong    3

The leveling system decides leveling up by your relative skill compared to others around your level, not by streaks of wins.