Halo 03 |MP| OFFICIAL

just had a few great games with gigapixels, status-seeker and troist, too bad about that last game where we had to kill that which had no life (some dude with over 600 games logged)

just had a few great games with gigapixels, status-seeker and troist, too bad about that last game where we had to kill that which had no life (some dude with over 600 games logged)

Yeah those were some excellent games. We really teamed up well. :yes:

I need to get some more Neowinians on my friendslist though. It's still pretty empty, since I haven't been on Live for such a long time. :p

Apparently I have been missing a lot of this Neowin matches so that means I need more Neowin people on my friends list.

Gamertag: Mystic54

Just say your from neowin when your adding me.

that's not a big deal blackshadow.

anyway, thanks for letting me know about the d-pad...why do we need to push that to talk tho? strange. but just reading this thread is making me crave haloz MP, it is among the best i've ever played and indeed the neowin experience is there. too bad we can't have our own server.

that's not a big deal blackshadow.

anyway, thanks for letting me know about the d-pad...why do we need to push that to talk tho? strange. but just reading this thread is making me crave haloz MP, it is among the best i've ever played and indeed the neowin experience is there. too bad we can't have our own server.

Not pushing the dpad allows for all speak to any player in the area.

hey blackshadow it's just lag, back in the delta force 2 days ghosting was common, it's just that you young uns aren't so used to it.

so if i don't press the d pad and talk everyone can hear? can't be bothered with the manual, just explain it to me in grunts and simple english.

hey blackshadow it's just lag, back in the delta force 2 days ghosting was common, it's just that you young uns aren't so used to it.

so if i don't press the d pad and talk everyone can hear? can't be bothered with the manual, just explain it to me in grunts and simple english.

Okay, here's the deal, someone please correct me if I miss anything/get something wrong:

Proximity Voice: No matter what you play, there is always Proximity Voice, which will let everyone in the close proximity (area around you) hear you while you talk.

Push to Talk: Whenever you're on a team that has more than 4 players, you will have to press the D-Pad to talk to your whole team. Similarly, if you're playing in Rumble Pit or Lone Wolves (since there's usually more than 4 players) you will have to press the D-Pad to have everyone hear you.

Open Voice: If you're playing on a team with 4 players or less, you do not have to press the D-Pad to have everyone hear you.

The reason for all of this was explained by Bungie:

Q: Why do we HAVE to push the direction pad to talk in matchmaking?

A: Well, you don’t always, but there are a few reasons. One is the endless chatter becomes distracting for some players. More importantly, the amount of bandwidth used for non-stop chat (whether folks are talking or not) is far better allocated to the game. This phenomenon is playlist dependant. For example, Team Slayer 4x4 games have open voice, while Big team Battle requires PTT.

i think im going to use my last profile to make a months account and play some Halo 3 with you guys, although im behind a strict NAT so im not sure if im able to connect to the games or not. GT AlcyDan add me if you guys up for games, im available now (1pm gmt)till about 6, and then thursday probbo 1-5, friday 3-6, and maybe this weekend if i take my 360 backhome.

Push to Talk: Whenever you're on a team that has more than 4 players, you will have to press the D-Pad to talk to your whole team. Similarly, if you're playing in Rumble Pit or Lone Wolves (since there's usually more than 4 players) you will have to press the D-Pad to have everyone hear you.

I think the only correction is Lone Wolves, you cannot talk to everyone with the D-Pad, I think it only has proximity voice, as this is ranked. I remember see a symbol in bottom right, like a no entry sign. so I think its only proximity voice if that.

I think the only correction is Lone Wolves, you cannot talk to everyone with the D-Pad, I think it only has proximity voice, as this is ranked. I remember see a symbol in bottom right, like a no entry sign. so I think its only proximity voice if that.

After going through 28 levels in Lone Wolves, I strongly believe that they disable ALL voice communications while the match is in session. Proximity, Push-to-Talk, whatever. They only allow you to conversate before and after the match.

If anyone wants me to record clips of some of your Halo 3 gameplay, just tell me. I probably won't be doing anything over 5 min though.

A 5 min video takes up about 2.5GB of space on my HDD until I convert it where it shrinks down to < 150MB. They're very good quality(2.3 Mbps WMV) though so if you want to show some friends your awesome clip, just PM me. I'm probably gonna decline "Resident One Post Wonders".

If anyone wants me to record clips of some of your Halo 3 gameplay, just tell me. I probably won't be doing anything over 5 min though.

A 5 min video takes up about 2.5GB of space on my HDD until I convert it where it shrinks down to < 150MB. They're very good quality(2.3 Mbps WMV) though so if you want to show some friends your awesome clip, just PM me. I'm probably gonna decline "Resident One Post Wonders".

Im not one of those am I? :unsure:

Anyway i have a 1 shot double kill with a spartan lazer(its really short aswell :) ) that I would love if you converted for me :)

I'd :wub: you forever :laugh:

Yeah, you're a one post wonder, sorry. Just joking.

Umm, just upload it to your file share and recommend me the file. I'll get to it and it should be on teh tubes in 1-3 days depending on how lazy I am.

God, I forgot how many ****ing idiots have a console and net access. Today, playing on Valhalla in a game of Territories, I'm driving a warthog, my friend is in the passenger seat and some random guy is in the gunner. As soon as we come across enemies, the asshat jumps out! My buddy tried jumping out to get in the gunner but got taken out and I got taken out with a laser as I tried to get away. What the hell?!

Then, the same game, I take the missile pod from the base and go to jump to the middle. This jackass teammate, I guess, wanted the pod so he starts firing at me. My health was almost gone, so I had to TK him with the missile pod just to get him off my back.

What's wrong with people?

Then, the same game, I take the missile pod from the base and go to jump to the middle. This jackass teammate, I guess, wanted the pod so he starts firing at me. My health was almost gone, so I had to TK him with the missile pod just to get him off my back.

If you take my sniper, you're sooooo lame!

( I come across that idiot a lot :p)

If you take my sniper, you're sooooo lame!

( I come across that idiot a lot :p)

Two days ago, one kid was "calling" weapons. I told him good luck with that one.

Two days ago, one kid was "calling" weapons. I told him good luck with that one.

Sadly it's nothing new, it was a pain in the ass back in Halo 2 as well (N) I couldn't give a rats ass though and usually TK them (Y)

I don't TK anyone unless it's in self defense. I just want my team to win the game, but it seems other people care too much about their own stats and, yet, don't want to play lone wolves.