Halo 03 |MP| OFFICIAL

Playing ranked and social will give you EXP towards your Miltary Rank (private etc. etc.), there's only 4 (or 5) ranked playlists that you get a skill rating number. To gain Officer ranks you need a skill rating of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 along with EXP to get your Miltary rank.

I'm liking The Pit a lot. Guardian is really well made as well. High Ground is great too, but I just played so much of it during the Beta that it feels 'old' to me. ;)

I love brightly lit, small to medium size maps, I really wish Bungie would stop with all the dimly lit ones. :no: But I know that smaller maps are coming with the first wave of downloadable maps. :yes: :D

Guardian is suppose to feel like lockout which it kinda of does. And it somewhat resembles it also. No word on map packs yet, not even hints from Bungie themselves probally be a few months before the release any though.

Playing ranked and social will give you EXP towards your Miltary Rank (private etc. etc.), there's only 4 (or 5) ranked playlists that you get a skill rating number. To gain Officer ranks you need a skill rating of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 along with EXP to get your Miltary rank.

So, how do you get EXP? Is it just by the number of games played, wins, kills, etc? Also, at what point do you guys suggest a newcomer to move on from Basic Training? What changes are there from Basic Training to the others? Anyone have a MP guide? :D

Game arrived this morning at 10am. Was never a fan of Halo 2, or its multiplayer. This games, has blown me away.... I love it.

Multiplayer is fantastic, fun, and not too hard to learn and get into even at this stage.

Forge is so much fun, had a hell of a laugh in it today with a few mates

Campaign, well, it's epic.

And my favourite feature, the replay. It's amazing what you can do with it.

So, how do you get EXP? Is it just by the number of games played, wins, kills, etc? Also, at what point do you guys suggest a newcomer to move on from Basic Training? What changes are there from Basic Training to the others? Anyone have a MP guide? :D

EXP is gained for every won game that is not a custom game, I think. I don't know about that basic training thing though. I've mostly been playing social slayer so far and some co-op campaign.

Yes EXP is gained from winning Social and Ranked. So far I haven't seen anybody loose any EXP from losing or form quitting out. So to get General Rank 4 (highest rank) you would need 5000EXP or 5000 games won. Something most people who play this game for a year can do. Though it will take awhile. A long long while to win that many games.

Also has any unlocked hayabusa armor? I've gotten everything minus the head and can't find anything that tells me where to get teh head.

EXP penalties are applied when the player starts but does not finish the game.

This penalty normally only applies to team games

I have -1 EXP since I did quit a game. Not sure if you get lagged out or DC if you would still loose the EXP point.

Edited by Slane

Guardian is suppose to feel like lockout which it kinda of does. And it somewhat resembles it also. No word on map packs yet, not even hints from Bungie themselves probally be a few months before the release any though.

Yeap, Guardian is the new Lockout remake, although it may not look like it at first sight, it really is pretty much the same map with a ramp replaced with a lift here and a new floor added there, etc.

Bungie has already stated that map packs are in the works and we should expect to see more small to mid-sized maps, since the size of maps available currently are on average fairly large.

I had some insane fun with some neowin people and some other guys from some forum I have no clue about. Too bad half of you guys didn't join, but there is always the next day!

magik!

Where is that co-op you promised! ;)

Hopefully by the time the weekend comes around more people will be playing and join when invited *cough* you know who you are :p

Whose playing tonight then? :D

I am still playing SP for a little while longer, like just tonight and possibly tomorrow night, to try and really maybe finally get comfortable with the controls (I hit X to reload every single time still). But I am thinking this weekend, I am definitely in for some MP action.

Probably even late tomorrow night, Friday, as my fiance usually falls asleep around Midnight or so, so I start playing. Since I am on the East Coast, that is around 9 PM for West Coast people.

But just wanted to let all the people who have kindly sent me invites to play know, I have declined or not responded to everyone except the one time I did play the first night just because I have been playing the SP, so by all means keep sending the invites, I will accept very soon.