Halo 03 |MP| OFFICIAL

What exactly happened? lol.

EDIT: nvm, the guy shoots forward but the blue guy is like 2 feet above him. It's possible that he shot earlier and the body was sent upwards.

Edited by Trong

Team Shotty Snipers does come up too often but I can bet Bungie is already working on a playlist update. Everyone's been complaining about it and they're working on it for sure.

Talking of one off shots.

I'm quite impressed with this one! :p

2166734-Full.jpg

(I should point out there are a good 5-7 people under him so he was dancing round like a ######. :p)

I've been playing a lot of H3, add me for anything. Tag: Jay Anything.

I'm working on getting the Maraton set of armor, but trying to get the dumb FFA achievments are a bitch.

Is that a Neowin match? Who was it?

I've been honing my skills on pubs after the last neowin match. I've been playing so much TF2 on the PC my skills with the pad are lacking at best. :p

I find Shotty Snipers tolerable on some maps, others not so much.

But that's cause I'm practically useless with the sniper.

Yeah I don't think i'd mind shotty snipers as much if I was half decent with a sniper.

Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps Overview

Saturday 29-Sep-2007 9:00 AM Video: Your quick guide to all 11 maps

In no particular order, here's a quick look at each map that ships with the game - 11 in total. Don't forget to check out the video shorts from each map at the bottom - that's the point of this really...

Narrows: Basically it's a long stretch of bridge with the bulk of the action taking place slap bang in the middle. As soon as you spawn you've got to pick up the pace and get into the action. Best way is by going into the bridge and coming up the ramps towards the centre. Don't get fooled into thinking that the man cannons will get you there quicker. They won't...

The Pit: Quite a big one this with plenty of little nooks and crannies to get lost in. Weapons are well spread and there's even a turret you can rip off its legs to cause massive damage. You can hide behind the crates or, if you're a good mid-range combatant, pick people off from a distance without getting your hands dirty. But where's the fun in that, eh?

Snowbound: Another from the beta. A lot of people disliked Snowbound but we rather liked it. Things got a bit hectic ungrounded in the tunnels and upon a first few plays we think Bungie might have toned things down a little. We're sure the beta version was littered with Spike grenades, but we can't find one anywhere now... Oh well, Forge will sort that out.

Epitaph: Quite a small one this, which makes it perfect for Slayer and CTF game types. There the massive hammer to look out, but you'll hear it before it hits you and check out the floating platforms at the top. Huge man cannons either side of the main hall will fire you up there, to where the rocket launcher lies in wait. Bungie says this is a Forerunner artefact, you see more of that towards the end of the clip.

Guardian: Already a favourite round these parts, Guardian's close-quarters fighting lends itself to some frantic battles for first place. Most of the action centres around the central platform, but the numerous tunnels and ramps that lead of it means you need to keep an eye on those blips on your radar. If you've got eyes in the back of your head, that'll help to.

Valhalla: We've been here before, in the beta. But it's bloody good to be back. It's looking as beautiful as ever , and you can capture some gems of footage with the Saved Films feature. You'll only see this map in bigger games, usually involving massive team battles. Be warned though, it's a camper's dream level with all the fresh, green foliage to hide in.

Sandtrap: We still prefer the original name 'Shrine' but that's by the by. Sandtrap is an awesome map that absolutely, bloomin' huge. You need a lot of players for this beast and there are plenty of places to camp. To be good at this levels means you have to work well as a team. Otherwise, it's curtains...

Construct: Not the prettiest of maps but that's more down to its setting than anything else. It looks like a section of spaceship and features multi-layers for you to roam around hunting down the enemy. There's a huge man cannon at one end that'll boost you straight up to the top level. Be careful though, there's almost always someone waiting for your arrival.

Last Resort: Famously the Halo 3 remake of Halo 2's Zanzibar level. Expect this one to be very popular among team games and especially the hardcore fraternity. It's great fun packed with vehicles, perfect for sniping on, and if you get bored you can always go and chill out on the beach.

Isolation: A small, enclosed map only means one thing - massive action. There aren't many place to hide, so you might want to work on your battle rifle skills. We've played this level using only rockets and it was absolutely friggin' mental. You don't get a moment to breathe - someone's always on your case.

High Ground: There's not much left to say about this little number that's not already been said. Yeah, it was out favourite map of the beta and we think it's our favourite map of the game. Hopefully they'll hurry up and remake Chill Out from the original, now that's a multiplayer map.

All footage recorded from the game's amazing Save Film feature.

Gavin Ogden

Source & Videos: CVG

Wow so cheating is running rampart, and last night I ****ed one cheater off and he either pinged me or DOS me if that's possible. I had connection to my since I had the light to my modem but couldn't access any webpage or Xbox Live. I figured it was a DOS attack, but then this morning I was able to get back on and that guy that did since I was in a private chat with him (he told me enjoy having no internet then I lost it and they had lagged out my partner) had sent me a friend request with pingmafia(.com) in his bar, which I'm assuming is something people do?

Regardless calling my provider and asking them to look into and if there's an legal actoin to pursue it.

That's the thing though, we don't even need to be creating all these countless threads on NeoGAF and Bungie.net asking Bungie to take out Shotty Snipers. That is one of the main reasons why Vetoing was added. If any gametype gets a trend of Vetos, it will be taken out by Bungie. They're always trying their best to make Matchmaking as enjoyable as possible, they're not out to get us. :p

I got 3 good shots on the laser last night. Forget who I killed, but I bet they haven't mwahaha :devil: Whichever match it was with Magik scoring 31 and myself 25 or something (Y)

[Redacted]

Edited by Andrew G.

I got 3 good shots on the laser last night. Forget who I killed, but I bet they haven't mwahaha :devil: Whichever match it was with Magik scoring 31 and myself 25 or something (Y)

[Redacted]

Haha, yea that was a good game. Good driving by DL in the beginning biggrin.gif