Halo 03 |SPOILERS| OFFICIAL

Me and my mate loved the flood levels whilst playing through on Legendary. Yes, they are a royal pain in the ass but It's so satisfying to blow those zombie-wannabes to pieces :laugh: And as mentioned, also satisfying to complete it.

How the heck is it a filler level? It's connected to the story in every way, retrieving Cortana from Gravemind :/

That is not what I meant at all. The level design is filler. It could have been straightforward, but they tried to extend it out to great lengths when there was no reason to.

Yeah, would've been sweet with a long hallway!

Second that! What ****es me off now is the fact that I have to go back to it to retrieve the skull; me thinks i'll take me a party of 4 so as to make it a much quicker play through.

As someone else mentioned, I also got the impression it was quite a 'filler' level compared to some of the others, but hey can't complain. DrunknMunky, I u/s what you are saying about the storyline and how it is essential; but what I mean by filler is that it felt rushed and overly drawn out. The story aspect is (Y)

Second that! What ****es me off now is the fact that I have to go back to it to retrieve the skull; me thinks i'll take me a party of 4 so as to make it a much quicker play through.

Speedrunning to the room with the skull on normal is really easy. The only annoying things are the shooting spider things in the room with the skull.

On the topic of that level, I hate the level really badly compared to other levels. I wouldn't really call it a filler level though. It was kind of how I expected the place that the flood "live" to look really as much as I hated it. I would've much prefered a much more basic level though tbh :p Not organic stuff.

Trying going through the level on legendary with only one other guy, who never had any real Console experience, is a real newbie in every sense of the word, has no sense of covering or providing backup ... That's a real killer.

But can't shoo away friends :s

As someone else mentioned, I also got the impression it was quite a 'filler' level compared to some of the others, but hey can't complain. DrunknMunky, I u/s what you are saying about the storyline and how it is essential; but what I mean by filler is that it felt rushed and overly drawn out. The story aspect is (Y)
That is not what I meant at all. The level design is filler. It could have been straightforward, but they tried to extend it out to great lengths when there was no reason to.

Yeah I hear what you guys are saying and I agree to some extent. The flood levels have always felt very repetitive to me in Halo games. There was quite a mixture of them this time around though, with them being on Earth, inside the ship and on the ark. For me though it was more infuriating than anything else, the flood are b******s :p

My mistake Ayepecks, didn't fully understand what you meant! :)

Is this bullcrap? I tried it today in single player and co-op and jumping through the ring made no sound.

[edit]Well now they changed the page so it starts with a different ring. I guess I will have to try again.[/edit]

yup it works. just got the skull a few minutes ago with some buddies. the hayabusa helmet looks sweet. :D

Really? I found if I took my time it seemed like they would keep respawning. That's why I took a run-and-gun approach that seemed to work better for me, although it was less rewarding than clearing a level.

On a side note, I tried to post this right after another reply but I got a warning from Neowin that flood control was enabled. :p

They might be respawning because you are shooting the walls too much. I noticed a bubble looking thing on the wall moving so I shot it and they popped out, and i noticed a bunch of those.

They might be respawning because you are shooting the walls too much. I noticed a bubble looking thing on the wall moving so I shot it and they popped out, and i noticed a bunch of those.

At first I thought that too, but don't the little guys need bodies to infect? What I did was stand on the ledge where the Pelican is and tried to clear the room from there. It was virtually impossible.

Got my Hayabusa, although i'm not 100% yet so I don't have the sword on the back :( ... I got 9 skulls on my own but needed help with 4 of them. I would of never found the IWHBYD w/o being told.

You don't get a sword, that was just a "Cool" effect in the generator.

IWHBYD doesn't work for me.. Tried it 4 times following the directions exactly; no luck. What gives?

Are you sure you did it proper? You only need to jump through these rings:

1 3 4 6 7 5 4 6 5 4 5 3 4

Make sure you start at the entrance (ring 1) and ring 7 is near the bridge where prophet of truth is.

IMO there will be no more Halo. The Halo story arc ended withe a trilogy. But there will be more games about or around the trilogy (Like Halo Wars a prequel to Halo main story Arc). Maybe the mentioned Halo 4 would be the Movie.

There's so much material they have (Halo Bible) to continue writing stories about earth/humans without being about Halo destructive powers.

Bungie sent a secret update out that removed IWHBYD because it was found in the lamest way possible (a hex editor), and as such, it doesn't work for you :p

I haven't tried it, don't really care to, but I do think it's pretty lame that people had to go and spoil it by using hex to find it.

This isn't a knock on any of you, of course, it's just my opinion on how it was revealed to the world.

-Spenser

IWHBYD doesn't work for me.. Tried it 4 times following the directions exactly; no luck. What gives?

I don't know, it took me 3 attempts which blows because you have to start the whole level from the beggining. Also, you do realise you only have to start from the 1st ring, not the whole 20+ sequence.

Bungie sent a secret update out that removed IWHBYD because it was found in the lamest way possible (a hex editor), and as such, it doesn't work for you :p

I haven't tried it, don't really care to, but I do think it's pretty lame that people had to go and spoil it by using hex to find it.

This isn't a knock on any of you, of course, it's just my opinion on how it was revealed to the world.

-Spenser

How was it supposed to be found?