Halo 03 |SPOILERS| OFFICIAL

Bungie sent a secret update out that removed IWHBYD because it was found in the lamest way possible (a hex editor), and as such, it doesn't work for you :p

-Spenser

So you can't unlock it anymore? :unsure:

I have heard that Halo 3 has different endings ? I have finished on normal mode and i dont think i am gonna play the whole game again. Can someone care to post those different endings ? thx

You only have to complete the final level on legendary to see the extended ending, you don't even have to start at the beginning of the level, you can start at the rally point alpha checkpoint.

The ending of this confuses me a bit, If he goes into hypersleep he's relying on Cortana to wake him up when he's needed. But if they are floating around for years and years won't Cortana be dead anyway? (The AI's can only survive up to 7 years according to the story) So there will be no one around to wake him, unless he comes in contact with another ship with people who can wake him. I know the ultimate ending shows him floating near a planet but it doesn't say how long after

AI's don't die per se. They go rampant. And nobody was ever sure that Cortana would go rampant like the other AI's before her.

-Spenser

How was it supposed to be found?

By the collective minds of the community (same way the Megg was found in Halo 1). Using hex is a cheap way to find the things they hide.

So you can't unlock it anymore? :unsure:

It was a joke :)

-Spenser

I don't know, it took me 3 attempts which blows because you have to start the whole level from the beggining. Also, you do realise you only have to start from the 1st ring, not the whole 20+ sequence.

If you mess up you can just start the sequence again, no need to go through the whole level. It took me about 4 tries to get the skull to appear.

Yea, and don't forget, the skull is on the bridge to where the Prophet of Truth was. And there are no achievements or any real indication that you got it working except for when the rings start to light up a little and maybe the Halo theme song playing (which didn't happen for me, but I still got it). Also, some people have said that they had to finish the level (which is just a cut-scene away) to get it.

No, it's not confirmed.

-Spenser

Its confirmed.

During the second annual "Blogger Breakfast," Microsoft's Shane Kim revealed that Peter Jackson's forthcoming Xbox 360 projects will be episodic. "Peter Jackson is developing two episodic series," said Kim, reconfirming, "the first is in the Halo universe." Both projects are still lingering in their early design phases, but Microsoft hopes they will eventually serve as models for other developers to follow.

When pried for more details about the as-yet-unnamed second series and release strategies for the content, Kim remained tight-lipped: "I may have said too much already." In reality Kim has added very little to what was already known. The lone revelation: (after all the talk) Microsoft is finally preparing to walk the 'episodic' walk. Good thing Jackson appears to be in shape -- it might be a long trek.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/07/peter-ja...c-halo-content/

Ok, I've managed to avoid ALL of the hype surrounding Halo 3. So obviously missed out on a few 'features'. Can someone explain how these skulls work?

I understand they are like a point multiplier on the co-op game and when you pick one up the game gets harder by giving you various handicaps.

But:

- Can you pick them up alone? If so, how? Run through the mission on the campaign screen?

- Do you have to carry it ALL the way to the end of the level?

- Can you pick them up alone? If so, how? Run through the mission on the campaign screen?

- Do you have to carry it ALL the way to the end of the level?

yes you can pick them up alone. just make sure the game is on normal difficulty or higher, and that you start from the beginning of the level. and yes you can do it through the campaign screen. you don't have to finish the level once you pick up the skull. when you get the achievement, you can end the level. as for the silver skulls, you don't get an achievement, so i held onto it for a few seconds just to make sure it registers.

some of the skulls can be difficult to get, so you might want to try getting them on co-op with some buddies.

Nightz: Mucho gracias. Will give them a pop tonight. Will soon see if I can get those achivements! :D

The one skull that seems simple but I can't seem to get is the Famine skull. I can't get the grenade jump right. :argh:

The one skull that seems simple but I can't seem to get is the Famine skull. I can't get the grenade jump right. :argh:

Most people seem to try the jump running towards the wall. Try dropping the grenade and run parallel to the wall, with a slight aim into it. Hope that makes sense.

Try using a portable shield or gravity lift if you can. Much easier (Y)

If you have any rockets, brute shot or other powerful weapons you could use them to knock the skull down.

Most people seem to try the jump running towards the wall. Try dropping the grenade and run parallel to the wall, with a slight aim into it. Hope that makes sense.

I've been trying all sorts of things... One video shows them using a plasma grenade but if I use anything but a frag grenade it kills me :(

Try using a portable shield or gravity lift if you can. Much easier (Y)

I didn't think about a portable shield. I guess you mean to use it as a step, right? I thought of the gravity lift but can't find any in the level.

If you have any rockets, brute shot or other powerful weapons you could use them to knock the skull down.

That sounds like a great idea. I think a brute shot should be easy to find.

I didn't think about a portable shield. I guess you mean to use it as a step, right?

Yup, that's how I got it. Or just shoot it down which sounds even easier :p

Is it just me or was halo 3 really really crappy?

the game looked like quake 2 graphicaly-wise and where have i did a warthog escape before? hmmm halo 1 maybe?

the game took me like 6 hours to complete, i feel like ive been lied to and betrayed somehow by MS. :(

Is it just me or was halo 3 really really crappy?

the game looked like quake 2 graphicaly-wise and where have i did a warthog escape before? hmmm halo 1 maybe?

the game took me like 6 hours to complete, i feel like ive been lied to and betrayed somehow by MS. :(

Yeah, it's just you ;)