Call of Duty 4 General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Guys I need help. Right after I sniped Zachev on Veteran, is where I am having issues. There are just too many guys that flood that little area. Any tips on how to get past them on Veteran?

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/images/ukraine_08.jpg

http://www.nikongear.com/Chernobyl/400/045_LND0408_S8.jpg

They did it pretty authentic..

Come to think of it, it kind of makes you sad what happened there: /

Lol pretty nice noticed :( - Well it is by far not the worst going around at the moment.

MichaelBL pretty awesome you saw that.

i got a problem, i forget what part i am up to and dun wanna turn 360 on, but it is where i am camouflaged and we are sneaking around and the other guy breaks our cover and the dog comes in the tall grass, i seen to keep dieing and can not fight off all the dogs lol

any help?

i got a problem, i forget what part i am up to and dun wanna turn 360 on, but it is where i am camouflaged and we are sneaking around and the other guy breaks our cover and the dog comes in the tall grass, i seen to keep dieing and can not fight off all the dogs lol

any help?

The wild dog that is busy eating the dead human on the floor?

Im pretty sure YOU are the one breaking your cover - just stay even extra further away from the dog than he does..

Anyone else find this game is just annoying on Hardened let alone Veteren. The AI just become really cheap and far to difficult imo. Rather than becoming intelligent they just become hAx0rz. Takes away all the fun.

Anyone have help for me yet?

Tried tossing flashbangs everywhere? :p

Anyone else find this game is just annoying on Hardened let alone Veteren. The AI just become really cheap and far to difficult imo. Rather than becoming intelligent they just become hAx0rz. Takes away all the fun.

Exactly - they havent improved the AI since COD1 :(

Just finished it (on normal) and all I can say is wow.

Spoilers:

The end where you have to kill Zakahev with your pistol is just awesome. That, and the bit where your guy dies cos of the nuke are two of the best moments I've had playing games this year. The little bit after the credits is pretty good too.

Gonna go through it on veteran now too, and hopefully will be able to get all the intel (yes, I'm obsessive lol).

And fair play to IW, going from those pics of Chernobyl posted earlier, they've done really well. IMO, they've done a good job created atmosphere in it aswell. As when I was going through it, I felt very uneasy lol.

yeah, the aftermath of the nuclear attack coupled with children playing voices gets to you

I didnt even notice any intel through the game - anyone got a screenshot of what they look like? :huh:

yeah, the aftermath of the nuclear attack coupled with children playing voices gets to you

I didnt even notice any intel through the game - anyone got a screenshot of what they look like? :huh:

the intels just a laptop. There's 30 of them dotted around the maps.

If you pause the game, go into the cheats option, at the bottom, it will say how many prices of intel you have found in that level, and how many there are in total on that level. There's achievements then for getting 15 of them, and then 30 of them.

could not agree more. they come at your from everywhere and the way you recoil when you get shot means you can't get away or fire back. then it's like rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-red screen-read the memorable quote.

Well I just beat it on Veteran, one of the most difficult gaming challenges ever. I still haven't beat the bonus level, it's crazy hard on veteran. I've never gotten so ****ed at a game than I did on the level where you have to upload the abort codes. It took me hours to get past that level.

Mystic - a good rule of thumb in this game is when the level is timed, like the one you're stuck on, don't try to kill everyone. Just haul ass, trust me. Kill a few that are in your path, then sprint out of there. That's how I did it on veteran, it's the only way that worked.

Too late to edit, so I'll post this. The strategy worked. I immediately ran left and followed the left wall. All the guys completely ignored me and I didn't even got shot at. Then at the ferris wheel part, I used the "easy" strategy with the c4's and it worked. That was so easy!

SWEET! I just finished all the achievements for this game today. This was the first game I have actually gotten them all. The most difficult one; Skydive to safety on Veteran, really took some practice. I found out though, I wasted about an hour doing it because you can't shoot him in the leg, has to be a headshot.

There are definetly some helpful videos on Youtube for those needing it.

To people saying getting the Skydive to Safety achievement is all about luck, they really don't know what they are talking about. :D Because I have already done it again for a friend wanting the same achievement!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a little problem with this game, or the console, who knows!!

The controller doesn't vibrate..... but it does with the rest of my games, i started COD4 with the option deactivated in-game but later on found it and enabled it but still not vibrating, what could be wrong?

i have like 10 other games and the controller vibrates, any idea??

I have a little problem with this game, or the console, who knows!!

The controller doesn't vibrate..... but it does with the rest of my games, i started COD4 with the option deactivated in-game but later on found it and enabled it but still not vibrating, what could be wrong?

i have like 10 other games and the controller vibrates, any idea??

Batteries? Some games employ a battery saving technique that will disable vibrating when the battery meter is low. I notice it in Halo 3 the most, not sure about CoD4.

Batteries? Some games employ a battery saving technique that will disable vibrating when the battery meter is low. I notice it in Halo 3 the most, not sure about CoD4.

I'll try changing the batteries and see what happens, thanks for the tip.

• 1 month later...

Necrofiling this thread

I just entered the first prestige mode level - mind you, I only did because I got tired of the level55 avatar/icon.. Wanted that fancy yellow badge with a eagle on it :p

My question is, now that Ive entered prestige mode - will it just do it again again automatically until I reach prestige-lvl-10-lvl55 ? :huh:

Or do I have to manually enter the next prestige level?

Wont be entering prestige mode again - next avatars/icons look ass

And, anyone figured out what the last 2 perks are? are they just GRIP and GRENADE LAUNCHER? or do they actually unlock something cool once youve beat all prestige levels?

Necrofiling this thread

I just entered the first prestige mode level - mind you, I only did because I got tired of the level55 avatar/icon.. Wanted that fancy yellow badge with a eagle on it :p

My question is, now that Ive entered prestige mode - will it just do it again again automatically until I reach prestige-lvl-10-lvl55 ? :huh:

Or do I have to manually enter the next prestige level?

Wont be entering prestige mode again - next avatars/icons look ass

And, anyone figured out what the last 2 perks are? are they just GRIP and GRENADE LAUNCHER? or do they actually unlock something cool once youve beat all prestige levels?

No, just like before it is manual if you want to prestige again.