Call of Duty 4 General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

it is an accessible experience, but i'm afraid they went with the COD3 method for SP...endlessly spawning enemies until you break their "chain" and move on to stop the spawn. ugh. i miss the older COD single player campaigns. MP is spectacular as usual, no doubt about it.

Yep, It's 10 times ... It's one of those "Throw something together, fast!" solutions - It's so retarded.

Atleast let us keep the weapons or give them something else ... Then it might seem like a great option. Now It's more a slap in the face :laugh: I really wanna level and get XP, but still keep my weapons i aquired.

Damn that really sucks. Prestige mode is optional, though, isn't it? If it is, then I really doubt anyone would bother using it. There really is no point that I see from it.

Is CoD4 MP easier to jump into when compared to Halo 3? Does it have the same feel as, say, UT or BF where you can just hop into a game and have some fun? Or, is it primarily strategic?

It's not as strategic as some of the Tom Clancy games, but I would have to say that the learning curve for CoD4 is a bit higher than that of Halo 3 for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is that there are no Skill Ranks in CoD4, so if you get matched up in a server with a lot of good people, it will be much harder for someone that has never picked up CoD before. Weapon balances and perks are also something that needs time to learn to get a comfortable mix with. Additionally, not everyone is on 'even ground' when starting out with CoD4, ie: a beginner will have little to no weapon upgrades, while an experienced player will usually have scopes and kickback absorbers, etc.. With Halo 3, however, all characters are essentially equal in terms of weapons and ability. Also, in Halo 3 matchmaking, if you start on a lower skill level, it is much easier/quicker to pick up and start playing. Weapon balances are learned much quicker because of the 'arcadey' style of the game.

That is not to discredit either game. They are both top quality games and collectively are the best Multiplayer experiences available on the Xbox 360 right now (at least as far as FPSers are concerned).

it is an accessible experience, but i'm afraid they went with the COD3 method for SP...endlessly spawning enemies until you break their "chain" and move on to stop the spawn. ugh. i miss the older COD single player campaigns. MP is spectacular as usual, no doubt about it.

IINM, all CoD SP campaigns have always done this. There are always endlessly spawning enemies until you complete an objective or advance to a certain point. That's just IW's style. I actually kinda like it. :)

Yea, I'm in too. Send me an invite if people are on... :)

I haven't seen you online COD4 yet.. And ive been on a lot lol

I haven't seen you online COD4 yet.. And ive been on a lot lol

Ah, I play late at night when I don't get a chance to during the day. Today I was out all day, but did get some gaming in late. But yea, whenever you guys are on next, be sure to send me an invite. :)

I might have to disagree with you here, I was stcuk at the end of the 'Hunted' mission with the helicopter, now I died many many times, there was no spawning of enemies or chains, there was always the same guys on the same place with the same amount, I agree in this situation it would seem wierd, if tons of guys are spawning inside a small building. Maybe in other places yes there is kinda like chains of enemies etc, but so far the experience has been different than COD3. COD2 also had alot of endless spawning enemies, and was more apparent, like enemy after enemy coming down the stairs of a building, until you went upstairs to clear out.

I was just amazed by the level 'Death from Above' what a fantastic mission. Loved it.

Damn that really sucks. Prestige mode is optional, though, isn't it? If it is, then I really doubt anyone would bother using it. There really is no point that I see from it.

Yes, It's optional! You can still advance on the leaderboards too, so if you are not into leveling there's no point in prestige mode.

I'm level 13, its just I got stuck in a couple of parts on SP Veteran, so I wanna do the SP and MP, also all the other games I want... You need Level 12 to get the Clan Tag.

just got this game yesturday and i must say its amazing!! i played the sinle player for about 2 hours then jumped online when i got in form my friends house at 11:30ish didnt come off till about 1:30. took a while to get used to it since id been bitten buy the halo bug, im up for some neowin matches this weekend if any one is up for it :)

yes, i think saturday we should do something.

pheis and magik, COD2 only had one scene where the germans kept coming, yes in those ruined houses. COD1 had none. COD3-4 are very similar in SP, unfortunately. not bad, just not as great as could be.

the death from above mission was pretty nice.

and i think i'm already over level 15, and only played online a few hours, you come up fast.

^ Really? I might be wrong, but I could have sworn there were infinite enemy spawns on most of the missions in CoD2 (from what I remember it was on the beach mission, attack on hill 400 or whatever it was, and yes in a lot of the inner city missions). True, it wasn't in every mission, but it was in a good amount of them. I don't even remember CoD1, so I can't say anything about that. CoD3 definitely did, though.

Is there any way you can remap the button layout for the 360 version? I still have my Halo 3 fingers and I find it very difficult to crouch, sprint, and melee in tight situations, resulting in death.