Call of Duty 4 General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Sure, depending on times/clan play, I'll play Neo.

I can't find a answer, but if anyone completed Phase III on headshots how much XP does it give you? 1000 like 150 kills do?

But that's understandable. They can't let you customize all those options because the pool of players that selected those same or similar options would be too small.

It could do with some basic preferences like, language and region tbh. At the moment I'm getting too many laggy games with ****ing stupid American teens who can't shoot. But have the amazing ability to whine about every person who killed them in the last 5 minutes and screech like a cat going through a mangle. I certainly don't have a problem with a bit of banter but, do we have to hear it, every time you die? WE DON'T CARE!

/rant :p

Though I love the MP I'm having to remove my headset a good majority of the time because I can't speak to the rest of the team. :(

this game is for friggen noobs. so easy to get ranks sheesh, why didnt they make it a little harder like in bf2. should've kept this game strictly for pc.. moving it to console ruined it..

Because CoD4 is a shooter not a MMO. :rolleyes:

Your rank doesn't increase your girth, nor does it make you a better player. It simply gives you a better choice of weapons. I like it being faster, it gives you a constant feeling of progression and something to do. It also rewards people who play for longer without 'gimping' new players.

LOVE this game, SP left me in awe pretty much the entire time, and MP is just insanely fun and well put together!

So I'm up for a bit of neowin pwnage (though I'm nothing special.... yet :sly:)

My GT - Mr Vampy

Just got ready to activate Prestige Mode ... Then i found out it also resets weapons, so no more M14 and i have to get all scopes / Camos yet again, no thank you (Y)

What?! That's horrible! Why the hell would they do that?! I think that completely ruins the MP, honestly. Bad bad move. :no:

that mode opens a icon next to your name in multiplayer, when you get max rank you can do a prestege mode 4 times, resetting our rank back to 0 each time, can reset only 1 time each time you hit max rank, with it unlocking something each time

*Edit* and im down for a Neowin game, i usally play 7pm-3am Mon-Fri / All day Sat & Sun usally ( East coast )

What?! That's horrible! Why the hell would they do that?! I think that completely ruins the MP, honestly. Bad bad move. :no:
Edited by Hell-In-A-Handbasket

that mode opens a icon next to your name in multiplayer, when you get max rank you can do a prestege mode 4 times, resetting our rank back to 0 each time, can reset only 1 time each time you hit max rank, with it unlocking something each time

*Edit* and im down for a Neowin game, i usally play 7pm-3am Mon-Fri / All day Sat & Sun usally ( East coast )

I'm pretty sure I read over the weekend you can use Prestige mode 10 times, each time it changes the logo. Effectively giving a possible 600+ ranks to achieve also.

Yep, It's 10 times ... It's one of those "Throw something together, fast!" solutions - It's so retarded.

Atleast let us keep the weapons or give them something else ... Then it might seem like a great option. Now It's more a slap in the face :laugh: I really wanna level and get XP, but still keep my weapons i aquired.

So, did anyone stick after the credits for that fun little mission?! :shifty: It was neat-o.

Having watched the whole thing now I fail to see the neat-o part :p especially if you already played the death from above mission :s

Is CoD4 MP easier to jump into when compared to Halo 3? Does it have the same feel as, say, UT or BF where you can just hop into a game and have some fun? Or, is it primarily strategic?

For all of us who are XP-###### (like me) I compiled a nice list with most of the unlockables stashed away in CoD 4 multi player.

Don't really think it is spam, because it tributes a lot. I still need to complete the last page, but it already is a pretty complete list.

Link

Is CoD4 MP easier to jump into when compared to Halo 3? Does it have the same feel as, say, UT or BF where you can just hop into a game and have some fun? Or, is it primarily strategic?

I have to say that COD4 multiplayer is one of smoothest and nicely done multiplayers on Xbox 360 I've seen so far. You go in, you pimp up your guns as you unlock stuff, and just jump in. The groupping of players is done great, so it's always fair, you can jump into an already started game (if you are going in wthin like minute of the start) and overall it's very smooth and user-friendly MP experience.

I have to say that COD4 multiplayer is one of smoothest and nicely done multiplayers on Xbox 360 I've seen so far. You go in, you pimp up your guns as you unlock stuff, and just jump in. The groupping of players is done great, so it's always fair, you can jump into an already started game (if you are going in wthin like minute of the start) and overall it's very smooth and user-friendly MP experience.

Are you kidding me? It balances the teams based on the player scores.

High-scores vs low-scores

So stupid and UNFAIR :(

I just reached lvl 19 - unlocked hardcore mode.

Will be playing that from now on :yes:

I won't be doing Prestige mode ever. I plan on hitting max rank, and completing all challenges. And then I'll be done. Once I do all that, I might jump re-do it, just depends on how much I play the new games coming out.

dont forget the golden guns when all chalenges are completed,, you would loose those also after a prestege mode

the golden guns are when you get ALL the chalenges done for each type,,, the sniper golden gun is teh droganof

If anyone's at 55 and have the kills/headshots done for a weapon (or all of them) they say you get a golden skin to have "Golden Guns" can anyone confirm this?

So when you get all kills/headshots for the sniper class you will get a golden dragnaof? And that goes for the SMG/LMG/etc. classes also?

So only one weapon of each class is golden not all of them?

Correct

with exception of when hititng lvl 55 and completing all of them, you get a Golden DEagle

So when you get all kills/headshots for the sniper class you will get a golden dragnaof? And that goes for the SMG/LMG/etc. classes also?

So only one weapon of each class is golden not all of them?