Call of Duty 4 General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

I only play Search & Destroy & Team Deatmatch.

But the only time i play Team Deathmatch is to get Weapon Challenges done ( Scopes ) and when the clan is playing, for some easy-going warm-up ( [DsK] Dansk Swinger Klub :D ).

You can activate Prestige Mode 10 times, each time unlocking a new unique icon ... By unique i mostly mean ugly. And most people don't have a clue what icon represent how many activations, so its not even showing off your E-penis :laugh:

But to be honest, i don't have any real tips or tricks to hand out. I just found a few weapons for each map I'm comfortable with, i go for the bomb to get the 100 point plan bonus etc. And getting a few kills. So i end up with 600-900 points per S&D Match - But it seems to be working, I'm catching up with people again in prestige mode who played twice as long as me.

my kill ratio isn't too good, it's like 1.1.

i'm level 54 prestige (so my second time at lv 54) about to go to level 2 prestige

Do you have to complete all the challenges (like scopes, camo etc etc) again when you enter prestige mode?

Yes

Lol, I'm like a 28 and like 1500ish kills. I'll give specific numbers later. What's your gamertag Michael?

Sethos88 :)

Is there any point in doing prestige? Do you actually get anything extra or is it just a symbol saying you're doing it? :huh:

You get a symbol :p

Possibly an achievement?

I wont be doing prestige mode, once I get the reach LVL46 its all M14 from there :D

I haven't been much of a Call of Duty fan because I never liked WWII games. But this modern warfare is awesome!

I haven't beat the campaign yet because I got stuck but I am currently level 36 online and loving every bit of it! :D It's a great game and the graphics are amazing.

The thing that bothers me is no online achievements which was really stupid on their part.

Currently my stats look like this;

Kills: 3296

Deaths: 1942

K/D Ratio: 1.70 ( Yes, it went down after some horrible Hardcore Team Deatmatch rounds :laugh: )

Round Wons: 694

Round Lost: 540

Win/lose Ratio: 1.29

But I'm honestly considering quitting the game, that Aim-assist is bothering the hell out of me! Newbie-friendly crap. I saw a guy run towards me, he ran into me and my aim started to aim towards the FLOOR?! Before i could get the aim back up i was dead. Just one of many annoying examples! - I'm sorry, Aim-Assist and Autoaim is pathetic in my book, bringing it online is way beyond lame.

You can turn it off for SP, not MP.

The aim-assist for SP is not the same as that for MP. Don't confuse the two, they are drastically different.

In multiplayer, the aim assist is like that of virtually all console FPS games, a 'sticky aim' if you will, which really if you didn't have would make console FPS gaming very frustrating because you don't have the precision aiming of PC FPS gaming. For comparison, if you look at Perfect Dark Zero on the console, the aim assist in that game was done very poorly (if at all?) and hence why the aiming was very difficult and frustrating for most.

The SP aim-assist for CoD4 however is very unique. Instead of a 'sticky-aim' it has more of a 'snap-on' aim, in which if your cross-hair is near an enemy, looking down your site will automatically snap on to that enemy. I don't think any other FPS game has done this before and it's unique only to the SP campaign, it has nothing to do with how the aim assist works in MP (and rightfully so, if they had snap-on aiming in MP it would ruin the whole game).

But I'm honestly considering quitting the game, that Aim-assist is bothering the hell out of me! Newbie-friendly crap. I saw a guy run towards me, he ran into me and my aim started to aim towards the FLOOR?! Before i could get the aim back up i was dead. Just one of many annoying examples! - I'm sorry, Aim-Assist and Autoaim is pathetic in my book, bringing it online is way beyond lame.

What will you be playing then? RVS? :p

They couldve turned down the autoassisting 'sticky-aim' in MP imo