Call of Duty 4 General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

It seems there is 4 player (offline) splitscreen multiplayer:

DSC03095.jpg

thats for local play, not system link :p

ps.. thats a PS3 screen shot in an xbox360 thread... BAH you should be ashamed of yourself lol

ps.. thats a PS3 screen shot in an xbox360 thread... BAH you should be ashamed of yourself lol

Person he answered wasnt asking for system link..

ps.. the console versions are identical :p

Person he answered wasnt asking for system link..

ps.. the console versions are identical :p

Yea, What he said. :p

So the ranking is just as fast as it was in the beta I take it? Disappointed with that.

Yeah, same here, I was under the impression they were going to make it a longer process at least.

I finally played the MP last night for about 35 minutes before I continue on with the SP, two matches I was eating and came in dead last place, and I ranked up to 6 like it was nothing at all.

So the ranking is just as fast as it was in the beta I take it? Disappointed with that.

you rank up pretty quick to 25 or so to get a lot of weapons so your not pwned day in and day out...after 25 it starts taking some time to rank up

Well, when you reach level 55, you activate Prestige Mode, get a special icon next to your name - Then you start over.

You can do this 10 times, so there's plenty of leveling to do ;)

So it's 3:30am est if anyones on and wants to play, please send a FR to AG3NT SLANE. I've been playing since 11 and I don't plan on stopping till I pass out which should be tommorow night. :)

MP has disappointet me - while playing is great, the server options, server browser, lobby is just awful. And whats up with team balancing? Apparently, its fair when high-levels team up against low-levels :/

Such ********

Almost at level 54, my god this game is freaking awesome!

I love the lobby system, mixes up a bunch of randoms very quickly and i have never been on a laggy server so far, few issues with people getting booted from the room etc. but nothing major.

Just getting sick of all the grenades flying ALL over the place!

MP has disappointet me - while playing is great, the server options, server browser, lobby is just awful. And whats up with team balancing? Apparently, its fair when high-levels team up against low-levels :/

Such ********

Err it takes the players with the highest points in the last game and tries to separate them. If they're in a party together, they will not be split. Level and rank are not taken into account during the team deciding.

Err it takes the players with the highest points in the last game and tries to separate them. If they're in a party together, they will not be split. Level and rank are not taken into account during the team deciding.

I know - but high-levels, people who are good and have been playing the game longer than low-levels, usually end up with high scores...

Wow, the SP campaign was simply brilliant! I'm going to be doing it again on Veteran difficulty and that should be a lot of fun. It's very reminiscent of the epic-ness of CoD2 which also had an amazing SP campaign.

Going to start hitting the MP more often now too. :D

Such ********

Yeap, that is the downside to a non-'MatchMaking' system, and why when people bash the MM it's usually because they don't really understand what the alternative actually ends up being. This is the exact pros and cons I was talking about in a past thread. But when you do find a good server and well balanced teams, it is some great fun. Definitely.

Infinity Ward is brilliant. :D :p

Edited by magik

Ranking is a explaination of time played not skill.

Exactly, yet more play time gives you a better understanding of the games ( Sometimes ).

But saying High-Ranked players are better, is baloney in my book.

But does anyone have some details about Prestige Mode? Getting it tomorrow, from what i understand, you activate this mode and your rank resets to "1" yet with a new icon? Anything else?

Wow, the SP campaign was simply brilliant! I'm going to be doing it again on Veteran difficulty and that should be a lot of fun. It's very reminiscent of the epic-ness of CoD2 which also had an amazing SP campaign.

Going to start hitting the MP more often now too. :D

Yeap, that is the downside to a non-'MatchMaking' system. This is the exact pros and cons I was talking about in a past thread. But when you do find a good server and well balanced teams, it is some great fun. Definitely.

Infinity Ward is brilliant. :D :p

This is a matchmaking system...kinda

I havent won a single match yet because of this POS lobby system

Must. Kill. Whoever. Developed. It :woot: :rofl:

Ranking is a explaination of time played not skill.

True - but a lvl50 is probably better than a lvl2 - wouldnt you agree? :p

I still think this kinda system is brilliant, also great they added both the option for random game modes and choosing what you like.

Bungie was the first to introduce this awesome lobby system, right?