How did you find Neowin?

added 9 June 2010  

862 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+shift.
How did I find this place? I was led here by a pixie who laid a trail of bread crumbs across the internet.

I followed the Leprechaun to the end of the rainbow :)

Aeikus

I was following news in regard to what was then called Windows Whistler. Lurked around for a while then finally decided to sign up :)

• 2 weeks later...
linc63

Found Neowin when some banned members joined a forum I belong to . :whistle:

Calum
Found Neowin when some banned members joined a forum I belong to . :whistle:

:rofl: Haha!

I love that! Let's just hope you don't go the same way as them ;) lol.

----------------

Now playing on iTunes: Terence Jay - One Blood

via FoxyTunes

tpavra

I found this site out via the Dragon Giveaway, looks to be quite a nice site here, I hope to become a regular :)

ergosteur

Found Neowin via the almighty Google. I think I first heard of it back when people were making WinXP style icon themes for Win98. I finally registered a couple of years ago, and finally posted a few days ago when I got an e-mail about the forum restructuring. Took a while, but here I am!

duritz

i found neowin searching "customizing windows xp" and boy did i come to the right place for that :laugh:

Osiris

Found it back in the day trying to get information on Whistler and then later keeping up to date with the latest whistler news, then after installing one of the early version and needing help signed up....and I lived happily ever after

mtber

Just happend to stumble across it when i was searching for programming forums.

Crystal Skull

It's sad to say so, but I only discovered it two weeks ago, because of the 31 days of the Dragon contest. I must say I like it here.

+Ely

I found Neowin back in the days of the Longhorn betas through a link from IExbeta. :)

Umbrello

I didn't. It found me.

SevenForever

Found neowin when I was trying to customize XP with some nice themes :)

asoldier

I found it from surfing desktop customization and art sites, aka deviantart, deskmod, etc.

WinterHaze

My friend goes to this site and so I checked it out back in the day

Daveykz

My dad had this on his favorites so I had to check it out! Can't believe he found it before I did x.x

X Toxic X

I found this site through wincustomize of which I am a subscriber.

Thunder1

Found Neowin while googling for info on Backup and Imaging software. Looks like a great site.

fr33k

A couple of months after I got my first computer with Windows 98 I bought the XP preview Windows XP RC1 through Microsoft.

While contributing in the Microsoft news group for RC1 or was it RC2? Someone would post neowin's url for the latest leaked build screenshots.

After a few months I finaly just joined.

maplecookie

Flish got me addicted. :p

PNWDweller

I honestly don't remember how I found it. :blush:

+InsaneNutter

Neowin used to post codes to get in to MS Beta?s on the front page back in 2002, this got me in to the Office 2003 beta and many more after that including Vista.

I realised the forums where a great place for support and stuck around ever sinc:D:D

OttO28

actually, i never heard of the place until the 31 Days of the Dragon contest. i plan on sticking around, this site is a true treasure with a wealth of knowledge. i look forward to (hopefully) being able to contribute some meaningful input at some point.

Zirtec

I found it on google, on many texts about technology. What made me register was the need to be apart of this great community.

Sigmatic.Minor

Been reading the headlines and stuff for a few years, only just started posting recently :p