How did you find Neowin?

added 9 June 2010  

860 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

morphen

Found neowin back in the whistler days.

Registered late 2001, but was a daily visitor for much longer :)

Don't remember how i found it, but i can't really remember never visiting neowin :)

Choto Cheeta

One of my frnd, an user here suggested :)

Cosmin

from OSNN.net :)

Yert

I found Neowin a while ago via Wikipedia... I think it was regarding the Win2k code leak.

I registered not too long ago... to plug my blog.

Plus I love commenting on stuff... maybe thats why I have a blog.

winrez

A thread from IEXbeta dot com in 2001 (had about 5 usernames here due to losing my password lol)

WAR-DOG

via google

• 2 weeks later...
Chalryn

How? Was looking for a way to adjust the Windows wallpaper directory, actually, and just happened to find an answer in a thread from this forum. Haha.

Why? Hell if I know. Boredom, I suppose. Seems like a decent (if not more than that) forum, and I could always use a good forum to give me a new crowd to interact with, so I figured I may as well join.

Biotoxic_hazard_835

Come to think of it I really don't remember how I found Neowin. I think it was referenced in other forum I visited, maybe Bigblueball. :huh:

Eric

It was lying on the ground outside the liquor store...

-Vivicidal-

My friend kept saying how good it was, so I tried it out, and here I am.

tacoz

HI

I've been a long-time guest... been using the odd XP tweaks and customization stuff. About a year ago I made the move over to LinuxMint and today on the Distrowatch I saw Shift... it's busy downloading as write this. I've finally found a home for my 'parasite' pc and customizing blog. It's not there yet... let me get into Shifting first! I'll keep you updated...

fudzk

HI,

i've also been a guest for bout 6 months, but as i'm currenty doing an internship, and just sitting infront of an computer with nothin else to do besides reading posts here, i finally decided to register myself, to escape the boredom of this bureau^^

i don't exactly remember how i found this site, but i think i was havin some probs with my XP so i googled it, and here i am ;)

DigitalE

I honestly don't remember how I found Neowin...

SnowRanger13

I forget what but it was an article on Engadget that led me here for the first time. Then I was looking something up on google and I got brought to neowin again. Made my account after that realizing it was a useful site.

Big_Daddy

Back when TechTV **WAS** tech tv .. before the G4 fiasco ... I was watching the "Screen Savers" (Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton days) and they mentioned the site on the show.

Litespeed

I've been with Neowin since the Windows 2000/Windows XP beta days.

.Blaze

Via google somehow :D

My first post was about what I could upgrade to my system, so the posts tell me anyway.

Typhon

March of 2002. I was not a member till 2003. O yea it was Google, I was looking for help with a motherboard it was not letting me run the cpu at 133 fsb or something like that.

Edited by Typhon
ilovegeeks

I was looking for Dr Who spoliers and came across it.

John S.

I was an Admin at DeskMod a few years back and gorman suggested I check out this site called Neowin. I even interviewed Neobond for DM in 2002. :D I recall being nervous about that at the time.

Shaymaa

A Friend exactly:

:D

I found it by Google while searching for something I don't remember.

And i find it through him ^ :D

SpacEmAN17

I saw a post on another site dealing with Vista's Fun UAC. (permissions etc)

Then i saw a script/program by Herby, you the man! Wanted to thank that person for coding that great tool.

Figured i would check out Neowin, looks good.

troist

I used to lurk in the iexbeta boards around the time of Longhorn alpha and they linked to some threads here. Came here and browsed through the forums to find the Gamers Hangout where I spend most of my time now.

ericnkatz

I guess I don't remember, I think a friend hooked me up with it when I was looking for some sort of information on something. Maybe visual styles or graphic stuff/ web development.

It won't let me view my first first post... probably deleted it was so long ago. Now I mostly just peruzz and read through some stuff.