951 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

Through Google months back, then saw it mentioned on a few forums i frequent, checked it out, like the informative side of things on here, lurked round for quite a while, decided to join :D

I found it through Google sometime in 2004 and signed up for an account which had about 100 posts, but then I didn't come on for ages and forgot both my username and password lol :p

Then I had a few problems with my old desktop at the start of 2007 and remembered that this was the best place for help, so typed it in, registered again and I've been coming back fairly regularly for over a year :)

I went to Las Vegas when I was 15. There were parts of town where these woman where handing out "Brochures" and I remember opening one up and in the back of it. It said neowin.net The rest was history :laugh:

Haha, funny you mention age... I was.... **** 11 years old when I joined....

I never visited neowin forums but i used to hear a lot about it on other forums that i browse, and most of the times, these "news" were about something uber cool! So one day, i decided to come here and see for myself what was going on here. When i gone through some posts, i found them really helping and full of great information. I was clear then that this is the right place for a geek like me :-) , whats more? i joined!! :-)

Haha, funny you mention age... I was.... **** 11 years old when I joined....

You realize that was a joke?

I joined in 2001 which was about 7 years ago so I was 21

Was browsing XP Beta news on a regular basis and it turned out Neowin was the main site for this at the time. I think I signed up only because I was banned on another forum site for no real reason, but whatever. It was a long time ago!

• 3 weeks later...

Google. I was looking for a demo and this was among dozens of other links I tried. Neowin is impressive, I wanted to post something, so I registered.

I was trying to figure out how to solve a problem in a program during Honors C++ and Neowin appeared in Google's search results. I thought it would be great for me to join a web development forum, and it would be a nice change to have something besides an anime and manga forum to hang out in.

I'm a gray-haired geezer who is a "terrible two" when it comes to computers. I am just now discovering that there are places to go on this "World Wide Web" to learn and get help with the problems I confront with this "Internet Machine" (as my wife calls it). I'm afraid that I will rarely (if ever) be of much help to anyone. Not because I lack the will, just the skill.

I used to be a moderator over at << spam >>. I guess you could say we were in competition for a while. I kind of miss those 'old' days.

EDIT: Wow, the domain is still filtered as spam...even though the site no longer exists...and hasn't for years.

Hi.

my first post.

I found this forum, by a recommendation from notebookforums were i have nearly 500 posts, but since i have ordered a desktop pc, i thought that a more desktop orientated forum would be better.

I am a member of over a dozen other forums on multiple subjects.

And i always use the same user name "Tinderbox (UK)"

regards

John.