• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

SkyyPunk    39

That waterfall shot is amazing, sirevan!

MasterC    10
I've got a bunch of shots that I can upload...but I haven't had time to go collect them all off my HD's. This shot is one that I took at the Colleville-sur-Mer American Cemetery at Omaha Beach in Normandy, France while I was there for 2 weeks working (yes getting paid to have fun and sight see) for the Army driving generals around in France. Only thing done to it was adjust contrast, as well as process into an HDR image from 3 shots. I liked the look, made it look old and weathered, and the cross just stands out. I will post more shots later after I find them and get them uploaded. There were 307 graves out of 9387 there just like this...goes to show you how costly some wars are...they can't even identify every body. Truely sad.

l_bf8ed8ffca3f2d3b9137952eac2362da.jpg

Very good picture. I love the contrast and HDR affect (Y)

SirEvan    122

2 more for ya! another from coleville su mer cemetery in Normandy, and a shot from Sword Beach, where the british came ashore in WW2.

l_efea54eb8105099ac3d73a2cf36fffac.jpg

l_26bc7b9117affc5c29929c0ef47de243.jpg

^^Almost looks like a painting hehe. HDR is awesome once you mess around with it.

SkyyPunk    39

Wow! More amazing shots, SirEvan, nice :D

Hurmoth    518

Those a gorgeous photos. I especially love the ocean shot :yes:

How much did your camera cost? The cheapest I've found it is $1700 :|

SirEvan    122
Those a gorgeous photos. I especially love the ocean shot :yes:

How much did your camera cost? The cheapest I've found it is $1700 :|

I got it for 1500 on ebay....there are deals around you just gotta search for them...alot of retailers sold it for 1700, but i kept looking and was able to snag a brand new one on ebay for around 1500. THe camera was by far not the most expensive piece lol.

When I got started, i bought a D1 (the first pro body digital camera by nikon...it cost me a nice 5000$ :) lol lenses are by far the most expensive....I've probably gone through about 10,000$ or more worth of gear from when i first got into it.

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

o0moonman0o    54

iso3200 to 6400

1/20 to 1/60

2036485342_3321e0f12f.jpg?v=0

2035687047_b8f45752aa.jpg?v=0

2035685923_6a9be28ed1.jpg?v=0

2035685651_0d12360058.jpg?v=0

crazzy88ss    66

that first one is awesome, moon man.

Draconian Guppy    13,038
that first one is awesome, moon man.

+1

Wow! I wish I had ISO 6400 :(

o0moonman0o    54
2036990320_8ebd799741.jpg

SirEvan    122
+1

Wow! I wish I had ISO 6400 :(

Get a nikon d3 and you can have ISO 25,600!!!! lol

Titoist    224

Bascarsija, Sarajevo, BiH

I took this picture at night with a Olympus SP-510UZ at ISO 2000 and 1/20 shutter speed. I wish I had a panoramic lens.

post-183823-1195195480_thumb.jpg

Titoist    224

Grapes at my grandmothers house in BiH

post-183823-1195195924_thumb.jpg

Bawx    0

Mmmm.

post-71722-1195234204_thumb.jpg

Bawx    0

250kb per post wow.

post-71722-1195234656_thumb.jpg

metro    0

Taken last weekend. The second shot is a horizontal pano stitched from 5 hand held shots. Tripod was not usable due to extremely narrow paths and steep terrain:

6a1c6864700e5335.jpg

d46ff59935cccf64.jpg

MasterC    10
Taken last weekend. The second shot is a horizontal pano stitched from 5 hand held shots. Tripod was not usable due to extremely narrow paths and steep terrain:

I love your pictures (Y)

accesser    2

Great shots metro that place looks lovely the colours are fantastic and really life like.

You did a good job or hand held I think it would be a fantastic place to visit when you know there is going to be some fog in the early morning thats if you can make yourself get up that early.

sin-ergy    2

I hate you metro. Where the HELL do you find these places. There's jack **** for scenery around here :(

metro    0
Great shots metro that place looks lovely the colours are fantastic and really life like.

You did a good job or hand held I think it would be a fantastic place to visit when you know there is going to be some fog in the early morning thats if you can make yourself get up that early.

I have really started to experiment with white balance even though I shoot in RAW. I have been changing up a lot of what I do lately like not using HDR very much. For all of my shots I was working with custom white balance calculated from the scene. I am trying my best to get in right in camera with very little post processing needed. Here before long I will start experimenting with neutral density and graduated neutral density filters as an alternative to HDR. A good example of what you can do with just some ND and GND filters would be the work of Marc Adamus.

I hate you metro. Where the HELL do you find these places. There's jack **** for scenery around here :(

All of the places I have shot are within a 3 hour drive, mostly an hour or less for most places. I am lucky to live where I do.

metallithrax    523

Some of these photos would make amazing wallpapers.

I am not going to post any of mine here, they just ain't up to it.

giga    46
Is that your kittycat giga? ((is sooo cute btw)and yes my view is cats > dogs)

Indeed!

bba85766a77ed9fbf24d.jpg

SirEvan    122
I have really started to experiment with white balance even though I shoot in RAW. I have been changing up a lot of what I do lately like not using HDR very much. For all of my shots I was working with custom white balance calculated from the scene. I am trying my best to get in right in camera with very little post processing needed. Here before long I will start experimenting with neutral density and graduated neutral density filters as an alternative to HDR. A good example of what you can do with just some ND and GND filters would be the work of Marc Adamus.

All of the places I have shot are within a 3 hour drive, mostly an hour or less for most places. I am lucky to live where I do.

metro you might want to invest in a hand held light meter, like a good sekonic (358 or 558 are very good, i own the 358) you can get attachments like spot meter cones to go on it to allow you to get very precise exposure information for you scene, thus letting you set your cameras settings to get the shot right the first time in camera without requiring much post processing. I find when shooting people with a nikon i tend to have to over expose 0.3 - 0.7 to get skin tones right, but its different for each shot.... If you meter with a handheld you'll get much better first time shots.

digitaljames    0

Since we're posting kitties......

leo_sm.jpg

and

tony_sm.jpg

from the National Zoo yesterday......

Damo R.    29,672

Wow that Tiger is pretty awesome! :|