Neowin Digital Gallery

2067960897_165c372fff.jpg?v=0

Hi I'm relative new to photography. I've taken those pictures in Hamburg with my 350D a few days ago. critics desired :)

what settings did you use to take that one? It's awesome.

70-200 f2.8 is L shot at poor gym lighting at iso3200 with shutter around 1/500

Dang those sure at bright shots, everytime I see ISO 3200 makes me wanna buy a camera that actually supports that hi iso, since teh d50 I own doens't up that high :(

Would buying an f 1.4 make up for the "missing iso" performance ?

lol i didn't mean to put down the nikon 85 f1.4 in anyway, just wanted to tell metro that nikon offers an 85 that is just as good as the 85L so no need to get jealous. and plus why would i put down nikon when i own both system and have a d3 coming soon?

I don't think that the 85 f/1.4 Nikon is as sharp as the 85L. I have also heard quite a few people say that it's softer than the 85L, especially in the center but average on the border. But I'd love to have a 5D with an 85L. It would be a lot cheaper to go full frame with a lens of that caliber than going with the D3 and the 85 f/1.4 with similar quality. I'd have to say the D3 is the clear winner over a 5D but I don't have that much cash to throw around on just a body. Especially since I am not a professional.

Opinions of the Canon 50mm 1.4? Near to buying it.

I don't think it is worth the cash for the 1.4 and good just to go with the 1.8 instead. The only time I would go bigger in aperture would be in the 85mm range. If you are on a cropped camera then the 50 will be the same as a 75 on a Nikon and 80 on a Canon except for the 5D, 1Ds, 1Ds MK-II, 1D MK-III, and 1Ds MK-III which would be a true 50.

The 85 1.4 on a cropped canon is a great length for portrait work on both full frame and cropped cameras. I'd ultimately go for an 85 in 1.4 before the 50 but that is also my own opinion.