Deviantart, WiNGz Self Port

This is me.

Not really much editing done.

Cropping.

Brightness and Contrast.

USM

Curves

Lense: Nikkor 18-55mm F/4.5-5.6

I don't post anything on here, cause I feel my work isnt good enough.

But I felt I needed to post this.

Sorry for the link.

I rather not post a thumbnail.

metro you might want to invest in a hand held light meter, like a good sekonic (358 or 558 are very good, i own the 358) you can get attachments like spot meter cones to go on it to allow you to get very precise exposure information for you scene, thus letting you set your cameras settings to get the shot right the first time in camera without requiring much post processing. I find when shooting people with a nikon i tend to have to over expose 0.3 - 0.7 to get skin tones right, but its different for each shot.... If you meter with a handheld you'll get much better first time shots.

I have been looking into a hand held light meter. The Sekonics have caught my eye but I am trying to get some nice glass first. I am looking into getting either the new 24-70 f/2.8 or the 70-200 f/2.8 VR and then perhaps another small toy. My plan is to have both of those lenses and then a new D300. Once that is set, I'll probably be sending in my D70s to have it converted to a dedicated infrared camera which means I need the 18-70 because the camera will be calibrated to it. :D

just a few taken from a backpacking trip this weekend.

not the best but i thought they were cool.

1000849ai9.jpg

1000882vo0.jpg

1000857ut8.jpg

in case any wanted to know, no post-processing has been applied.

haha thx guys, all the dof is in camera, it was 35 F1.4L on the 5D and 85 F1.2L on the 1DM3

Wow! I want F1.4 and 1.2 :( Since I can't 'em, please post more of you pictures :p

Very photogenic kid!is He Your Son?? o0moonbaby0o :p ?

OK, I am NOT a photographer, but my mum just bought a nice new camera. She has it on "auto" mode all the time, but I tried messing with it a bit. You may all laugh at my noobishness!

P1000341_t.jpg

P1000340_t.jpg

P1000329_t.jpg

DSCF0027_t.jpg

DSCF0032_t.jpg

DSCF0060_t.jpg

P1000325_t.jpg

OK, I am NOT a photographer, but my mum just bought a nice new camera. She has it on "auto" mode all the time, but I tried messing with it a bit. You may all laugh at my noobishness!

Well 4,5,6 are pretty good compositions from where I stand, A bit noisy, but that's the camera to blame, not you

nice but might wanna resize those :p

here's some low light indoor goodness 50@1.4 1600iso

2051645668_99d97fc6a4_o.jpg

2051645814_8a813d299c_o.jpg

:laugh:

Well 4,5,6 are pretty good compositions from where I stand, A bit noisy, but that's the camera to blame, not you

Thanks - was just messing about with it on the beach. It's a Lumix compact, so it's not professional.

Cheers

nice but might wanna resize those :p

here's some low light indoor goodness 50@1.4 1600iso

:laugh:

Gotta love low iso and fast lenses! I like how the cats eyes kinda pop out, very nice!!!

Thanks - was just messing about with it on the beach. It's a Lumix compact, so it's not professional.

Cheers

Yeah I noticed on the exif data :) Many agree and say, it's not the camera, it's the photographer, so keep on shootin!

So I had to take a picture from a different vantage point for my photo class... And this is what I came up with:

fan.jpg

I did no post-processing whatsoever. Just a crop. It's a ceiling fan in my house.

I'm actually using it as my wallpaper right now.

So I had to take a picture from a different vantage point for my photo class... And this is what I came up with:

fan.jpg

I did no post-processing whatsoever. Just a crop. It's a ceiling fan in my house.

I'm actually using it as my wallpaper right now.

Pardon my english, but what do you mean by "vantage point" :s

Nice pic, lots of detail :)