[Official UK] Xbox 360 Special Offers & Deals

I just renewed my subscription, will this charge me immediately or next year when I'm due to renew again?

Next year when you're due for renewal.

No-one has got their free Avatar item yet, probably just a glitch. Not too fussed.

Hello...

I'm looking at purchasing a new 360 as the one I have is mostly used and housed at my nephews. Now obviously the new S model is available so that seems the obvious choice, but the prices are a little crazy and I've heard the older HDD units don't work with them - now I have 2 older style HDD's lying around with various saves and DLC so it seems silly to waste those.

Guess what I'm asking is, what's the best and cheapest 360 to get that I can use my existing hardware (pads/wireless/HDD) with?

Hello...

I'm looking at purchasing a new 360 as the one I have is mostly used and housed at my nephews. Now obviously the new S model is available so that seems the obvious choice, but the prices are a little crazy and I've heard the older HDD units don't work with them - now I have 2 older style HDD's lying around with various saves and DLC so it seems silly to waste those.

Guess what I'm asking is, what's the best and cheapest 360 to get that I can use my existing hardware (pads/wireless/HDD) with?

Probably a 4GB Slim from Tesco, which I believe they are selling for about ?130 and then have a look at this thread for putting your old HDD in it: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/932612-how-to-put-an-old-xbox-360-hdd-into-xbox-360-s/

But personally if you could be patient enough I'd wait till the kinect + console bundles come out in November.

Thanks, .Rob but I'm in no way interested in Kinect so I won't be bothering with it at all. I'm an old fashioned gamer that likes to sit with a pad in my hands, I blame my age :cry:

Or do you mean wait for Kinect to hit and the standalone bundles will drop in price?

Either way, thanks for that link

Thanks, .Rob but I'm in no way interested in Kinect so I won't be bothering with it at all. I'm an old fashioned gamer that likes to sit with a pad in my hands, I blame my age :cry:

Or do you mean wait for Kinect to hit and the standalone bundles will drop in price?

Either way, thanks for that link

Well you can get an Arcade console for ?110

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/HARDWARE/XB2AR02-XBox%20360%20Arcade%20Console.html

but you can get the new 4GB console for ?140.

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2BU58-Xbox%20360%20Arcade%204%20GigaByte.html

If you wanna do the hard drive trick to use your old one in the new 360 then I would recommend doing that. The new 360 is so much quieter and it probably doesn't break as easily so it's a better investment really.

Found out about the avatar item. We'll get the code emailed in 4-6 weeks.

Took advantage of that ?23.99 subscription offer. How do I cancel the auto renewal? Should I even cancel it before the cheap renewal?

No, don't cancel it. You have to wait for it to renew at the low price, then you can take your card off.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the cheapest I can get Reach for?

?35 (although I've been out of the voucher loop the past week or two, so maybe someone else knows a better price).

Otherwise, Base.com is the best price.