A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

still got the msn banner on here:

<<snip>>

Have not been able to get rid of the space/default banner yet.

Feature: Remove advertisement from main window (at the moment it only removes the ad and not the space).

• 1 month later...

3 things I need to update to the new WLM, display names, Messenger Plus Live & no ridiculously huge adverts.

A-Patch is usually very fast for updates, at least that's one of the three :laugh:

3 things I need to update to the new WLM, display names, Messenger Plus Live & no ridiculously huge adverts.

A-Patch is usually very fast for updates, at least that's one of the three :laugh:

What is the newest XP version of Windows Live Messenger? I'm currently using version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726, and I'm wondering if they ever released a 2010 version? Since this new one for Windows Vista/7 is 2011, I feel like I missed a version. Maybe 2010 was only for Vista/7 as well? Someone shed some light on this please. Thanks!

What is the newest XP version of Windows Live Messenger? I'm currently using version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726, and I'm wondering if they ever released a 2010 version? Since this new one for Windows Vista/7 is 2011, I feel like I missed a version. Maybe 2010 was only for Vista/7 as well? Someone shed some light on this please. Thanks!

Nevermind. I found out from using the great site filehippo.com

I'm sure they will come up with a new patch soon.

With all the money Microsoft makes, the least they should do is get rid of those annoying ads on Messenger. That is disrespectful to the user.

I'm sure they will come up with a new patch soon.

With all the money Microsoft makes, the least they should do is get rid of those annoying ads on Messenger. That is disrespectful to the user.

Agree, it's extremely annoying when you hover on some expadable ads and it takes almost all the space in Messenger, THAT'S disrespectful. I mean what's the point? Maybe they cover some of the mantaining costs with ad revenue, but a NORMAL sized ad isn't enough?

Agree, it's extremely annoying when you hover on some expadable ads and it takes almost all the space in Messenger, THAT'S disrespectful. I mean what's the point? Maybe they cover some of the mantaining costs with ad revenue, but a NORMAL sized ad isn't enough?

The Mac version of messenger has never had ads has it? it seems wrong that we get the ads shoved down our throats on windows but on mac it goes ad free. but I would presume on mac other messenger apps like Adium are more popular anyways! Microsoft should do away with the ads, it is a little stupid. But thanks to the A-Patch creators we don't have to worry so much!

Messenger is free. It costs a lot of money to write. They have to pay the programmers, they are a commercial organization and the money has to come from somewhere. Would you rather they charged you ?10 with no ads for it?

Can't wait to get home and apply the latest A-Patch - cheers Patchou :whistle:

A-Patch is superb but some options disappeared in the version for Wave 4?

Yeah it must be getting harder to make modifications to it. I remember back in the days when older a-patches could do around a 100 modifications to WLM 8.5, now its much less in Live Wave versions.

I can't access it :(

A-Patch is not illegal so I hope me posting it here is not a bad thing. If it is, I apologize and just let me know and I'll remove it. Anyways, here's the latest A-Patch for the new Messenger. I downloaded it earlier today before the website went down:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d58iz3fmjnl5kay

A-Patch is not illegal so I hope me posting it here is not a bad thing. If it is, I apologize and just let me know and I'll remove it. Anyways, here's the latest A-Patch for the new Messenger. I downloaded it earlier today before the website went down:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d58iz3fmjnl5kay

Thank you :) That is completely fine.

Just to inform everybody, though, the website is now accessible :)

A-Patch is superb but some options disappeared in the version for Wave 4?

most of the options..now you can only remove ads from it, which is still great :)

• 3 weeks later...