Macworld 2008

Time capsule? :huh:

It is an Air Port Extreme with a server grade hard drive inside.

Prices seem fair. a 1TB for under 500

I agreed. Price is good for 1TB.

Time Capsule FTW

Damn... Engaget start to crawl under all the F5s...

* The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

I wonder if Time Capsule will have more than one drive? I much rather have data redundancy over more space. If the drive dies, so does your data, not so much with a data redundant and fault tolerance setup. With multiple computers backing up to a single location, having space is important, but I think being able to save that data is even more so important.

Time Capsule sounds cool :D

If anyone's having problems with slow websites connect to macrumors' IRC channel (irc.macrumorslive.com #macrumors). All the updates are posted there, with links to photos etc. You can't see or talk to anyone so it's like a live RSS feed.

299 for 500gb is a bit high though...

Yes, but look at what its used for........ plus you can get a 1TB for 500. Would you rather have them go by size/price? 500GB = 500 bucks and 1TB for 1000. Just be lucky they have it at a good rpice...

Yes, but look at what its used for........ plus you can get a 1TB for 500. Would you rather have them go by size/price? 500GB = 500 bucks and 1TB for 1000. Just be lucky they have it at a good rpice...

thats dollar per gig comparison is kinda bad... sorry. HD's are soooooooooo cheap nowadays

and windows7, usually what iphone gets, itouch gets (one way or another)

time capsule is expensive, you can get mybooks and seagate's stuff for way cheaper

Not with a built in wireless router.

Air Port Extreme + Server grade hard drive = Time Capsule

I like it, I was thinking that with Time machine and my macbook, I couldnt be ****ed connecting it and disconnecting it constantly, Time Capsule sounds cool, i may have to get one :)

iphone gets updates.... why not the ipod touch? :(
Not with a built in wireless router.

Air Port Extreme + Server grade hard drive = Time Capsule

ooo, it's a wirless router too, missed that part..