Macworld 2008

Anyone notice the text of the banner is thin? As in a thin notebook? Air as in lite?

According to the 'leaked' keynote (see above) the new MacBook will be 0.8" thick. Does everyone think that's the real deal then?

I hope not. There's no mention of cinema displays, a MacBook Pro revision or AppleTV.

With all these crazy rumours flying around I'm going to hold off my order for an iMac at least until the Keynote by Jobs is over, I highly doubt any kind of iMac upgrade etc, but who knows.

Either way, the excitment is enjoyable.

I personally would 'like' to see an Apple TV with a Blu-Ray Drive, I would be so there, and it could really help end the HD Format war considering the HD-DVD camp latest developments.

I think I'm getting a bit too excited, in my lecture the teacher said something air and I immediately woke up.

With all these crazy rumours flying around I'm going to hold off my order for an iMac at least until the Keynote by Jobs is over, I highly doubt any kind of iMac upgrade etc, but who knows.

It would be absolutely stupid to buy anything from the Apple store at this point in time. Wait until the day after the presentation.

According to the 'leaked' keynote (see above) the new MacBook will be 0.8" thick. Does everyone think that's the real deal then?

I hope not. There's no mention of cinema displays, a MacBook Pro revision or AppleTV.

Of course the "leaked" keynote is fake. Why would Jobs' keynote notes include parenthetical descriptions of what he's presenting? The obvious tell is that the notes contain bits of data that apple geeks would want to know (new macbook keys are slightly lighter than laptop casing) but Jobs would never bother talking about during his speech. Could you possibly imagine Steve Jobs taking a moment from describing the brand new Macbook to point out the color difference between the keys and the casing?

Why are people still considering the "leaked" keynote as real? It's obviously fake since the Mac Pro came out already and the specs don't match up.

They are getting rid of the mac mini
Highly doubt it.

Why not? Its been around for a few years hasn't really had any major updates? i see the new mac "nano" look like an apple tv with the same color as the imac. /top will have an apple "glow" affect. Blue ray drive and more.....

Why not? Its been around for a few years hasn't really had any major updates? i see the new mac "nano" look like an apple tv with the same color as the imac. /top will have an apple "glow" affect. Blue ray drive and more.....

the mac mini is highly profitable, man. it's just like a laptop except the most expensive/annoying parts to build on a laptop are gone! no expensive screen or annoying keyboard keys or expensive touchpad.

i hope they don't get rid of it, as i plan on buying one soon :)

Well I meant replace the mac mini with a new product doubled Mac "nano" or shhh knowing apple Mac "air". :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder if the "air" will be the new "nano" Ipod "air" anyone?

Thread pinned

Only hours away... can't wait to see what Jobs gives us this year.

Hope its a new ultraportable laptop or at least a new laptop redesign or option. I need one.