PS3 Media Server / Universal Media Server Guide

Its only at the beggining of the movie. Like 5-10 min into it! after that its all good! I have a 50 inch Plasma 1080i

Specific to one movie or is it happening with all/a lot of your stuff?

MASSIVE update to MKV2VOB,

V2.0.1 beta 22/Feb/2008

Added boost AAC/DTS volume option.

Fixed overflow crash.

Fixed file splitting cut off after 2gb.

V2.0.0 beta 22/Feb/2008

Im making this a beta because its untested with windows xp (i only have vista)

Completely new GUI with tons of features so I probably forgot to list them all.

Allows set temp directory.

Set preferred audio language.

File splitting (FAT32, DVD-R etc...)

Select a rar file and it automatically unrar and convert the mkv.

Queue multiple files for batch processing.

Queue entire directory for batch processing.

Support files with AAC audio (converts to AC3).

Checks if enough free disk space before each step.

Faster mpeg2 transcoding.

Automatically checks for and downloads updates each time its started.

Fixed bug with mpeg2 stuttering in the beginning and then out of sync.

Fixed bug with files encoded with latest x264.exe might be unnecessarily transcoded.

KNOWN BUG: tsmuxer crashes after muxing mpeg2 video, i have worked around this for vista by autoclose the crash window, for xp you probably have to click end task manually.

KNOWN BUG: split files might have a few seconds of video corruption in the beginning, i dont know how to find the keyframes sorry, i worked around this by duplicating the first few seconds at the end of the previous file.

POSSIBLE BUG: The filesize used for splitting is done using file sizes from specifications on wikipedia, i have not tested if it actually fits on fat32,dvd-r etc..

WARNING: Be careful with the "delete file/folder" after convert option, it might not detect all possible failures/crashes of the conversion tools.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=131782

Going to be testing it out just now, and if everything works well, I'll be overhauling my guide again to relfect the new version.

ps. (Much requested change "temp" folder option in new build, file splitting and AAC support!!) :)

It is a beta and you can expect some more versions to roll out over the next few days no doubt - Tsmuxer, one of the programs MKV2VOB uses has gone through quite a big update, so one of the updates to MKV2VOB will be to include that.

Also for the subtitle prayers,

mkv2vob does not use ffdshow it uses mencoder for mpeg2.

edit: mencoder has hardcode subtitles option, ill check this out sunday/monday when i have some free time.

i will add the hardcoded subtitles option sunday/monday but it will only be for transcoded video.

This program right now literally makes the PS3 10x more lucrative ;)

Edited by Audioboxer

Quick update to my guide before I go to bed.

It's just a rough one, to help out anyone new who downloads MKV2VOB and has never used it before.

I'll do a biiig update tomorrow, remove stuff not needed anymore, finish off explaining the new MKV2VOB and finally get the PSP remote play section done.

For now, best of luck getting everything to work ;)

GOTSent has been dropped out of my guide completely, Sentry23 made a great app, but MKV2VOB just does it better now. (Y) to him for all his work, but it now makes things easier for everyone that one program can do it all.

I tried the new beta but have notice it takes alot longer to do the work!

I think the way it does things changed for better compatibility.

However good news is, as I said above a new version of tsmuxer is out. One of the new features of it, is it can change things to profile 4.1 on the fly, something ANOTHER program in MKV2VOB has do to just now. That other program takes longer.

3r1c is testing it out, and if it works ok, it means you'll only need 1x the space of your MKV, and the whole process will be a loooot faster than it is just now.

He said expect an update today/tomorrow on this.

That move temp folder doesnt work for me :s

I have 60gig free on my temp drive, and output drive

but it still says insufficient space :(

Is it a DTS file?

Some others have complained about that bug happening when using an MKV with DTS. Some guy says he has 50GB free and it still says insufficient space.

I'd expect another update today, mainly to update to new tsmuxer but I think 3r1c will fix some of these bugs as well.

Even after having 50GB free HDD, it will continue to say Insufficient Disk Space... , I previously stated it was 8GB but the file is only 6.56GB.
I will do some actual testing but i just looked over the free disk space code and it looks ok.

Can you tell me how far does it go before it gets to the error.

only thing i can think of is it uses the movie time length and maybe this file is reporting a very long time in error.

Yep its with DTS sound..

If you're wanting to watch the movie just now, best thing you can try is converting the DTS audio to AC3 yourself and rebuilding the MKV, and then running the new MKV with AC3 audio through MKV2VOB.

I can help you do that, little bit time consuming (not hours, but more work(.

If not, I'd just wait till later today when we'll no doubt see an MKV2VOB update to fix the space requirement issue and include the new build of tsmuxer.

Yeah I think Ill just wait - trying with non-dts clips/movies now..

It should work, I done a 5.1 AC3/MKV earlier with my temp folder changed to another drive and it went fine.

Lost in HD courtesy of my Playstation 3 :woot:

Thanks for the guide (Y)

Yeah I get Lost in HD every week :D

Pop it on a memory stick and im good to go.

Direct mkv remuxing (300% faster) and subtitles already done and working :)

Expect an update soon!

Direct MKV remuxing is awesome, files will be done in no time now!

Subtitle support is also great, but as said earlier it will only work if you transcode - The only downers there, are a small loss in quality and a file 1.5 - 2x the size, but how many movies will you NEED subtitles in? - Very few, but having the option is (Y)

you guys using the beta right? For me for some reason it takes longer =( anyone else?

I really couldn't tell if you if it took any longer :/

It might have, but I have quite a decent rig for calculations/processing/file movement (eg CPU and RAM are good) - It's just my graphics card that's a little dated :laugh:

So the process only ever took me 10-15mins I'd say anyway.

Not to worry, if you see what I wrote above, direct MKV remuxing is coming, which means for everyone, things will be really fast (Y)

V2.0.2 beta 24/Feb/2008

Added subtitles support.

Removed need for h264info.

Updated tsmuxer.

Remux now 300-400% faster.

Updated disk space check to ignore 0 result, and provide a more detailed error.

Tweaked loader.exe so it does not set off nod32.

Note about subtitles:

Subtitles are added if the following 2 conditions are met.

1. A subtitle found in the mkv matches the language selected in config tab.

2. The subtitle language is different from the audio language in the mkv.

Enabling subtitles causes the video to always transcode regardless of transcode setting.

The guys a machine!

Enjoy guys :D

Does anyone want to test subs?

ps. Looks like the DTS space issues are fixed as well!

Took me 3 minutes to do a 720p movie! (AC3 MKV, DTS MKV will take a little longer as it has to be converted to AC3)

:o