PS3 Media Server / Universal Media Server Guide

+Audioboxer
Yay - cant wait to try it..

Is he still working alone on the project? or has he gotten support?

Works alone on the project as far as I can tell.

ynnoj

I've been playing around with PSP Remote Play, very impressive.

+Audioboxer
I've been playing around with PSP Remote Play, very impressive.

Yeah it's great.

Quality of the vids is (Y) on the PSP's small screen ;)

+Audioboxer

Another update guys, be sure to grab it! Bugfixes and it's "final".

V2.0.3 final 24/Feb/2008

Fixed broken AAC to DTS conversion.

Fixed error extracting mkv if audio is ac3 and subtitles on.

Final version, tested on xp working completely.

Huleboeren

Wonder when it will be possible to keep the dts sound :(

Have you seen Master And Commander with dts? its amaaaaaaaaazing

+Audioboxer
Wonder when it will be possible to keep the dts sound :(

Have you seen Master And Commander with dts? its amaaaaaaaaazing

PS3 supports DTS, but not from the XMB bar :(

AC3 5.1 DD is good enough (Y)

The 360 can't even do AC3 5.1 and a non-transcoded MKV at the same time, it's one or the other!

3r1c said it himself,

there is no way to get 5.1 audio and h264 to work on xbox 360, its one or the other.
Fubar

sweet update :D this should be a sticky :)

Edit , having a problem with this release , when it remux's to vob it does it in less than 30 seconds yet it creates a vob thats 0kb in size , any idea's ? added all the exe's to ignore application and do not skin it in windowblinds as that caused problems before hand in the older releases but this time its not doing anything :s , worst thing is i deleted the previous release from the comp so stuck with this one lol any help would be appreciated :)

edit 2 , nevermind seemed it was one bad mkv files just tried another one and it worked , nice and fast too :)

Edited by Fubar
Huleboeren

The insufficient space issue still persists :(

I have 10gb free on my primary partition(where temp folder is)

I have 54gb free on my secondary partition where both the movie is, my moved temp folder, my output folder and mkv2vob itself :/

+Audioboxer
The insufficient space issue still persists :(

I have 10gb free on my primary partition(where temp folder is)

I have 54gb free on my secondary partition where both the movie is, my moved temp folder, my output folder and mkv2vob itself :/

3r1c's working on it,

Originally Posted by carbonkid View Post

"Insufficient Disk Space on C,You have 51.69GB you need 3063.68GB" (Isn't this a little bit too much for a 6.53GB file )

lol. well at least now i know the problem is not in the free space detection but the required space calculation.

ill have a look at it.

oh wait i think i figured it out myself.

your using foreign windows xp with (,) as a decimal seperator arent you?

mkvinfo returns the length in seconds of the movie like 1234.567 which on normal windows will round to 1234 but if your seperator is comma it will round to 1234567 thus the required space becomes 1000x what it should be.

I will fix this.

+Audioboxer
Im making option in the next version to add the subtitles even if language the same, and load from a seperate srt file.

Another update incoming.

Great news for those wanting to add external subtitles, that aren't included in the MKV.

zerolimit

very nice updates! keep them comming!

Fubar

latest version is out

V2.0.4 25/Feb/2008

Added Always Encode Subtitles option.

Added Load Subtitles from SRT option (put srt file in same folder as mkv with same name).

Added Overscan Compensation option (if subtitles look cut off on your tv).

Added more detailed descriptions for config options.

Added various other small improvements.

Fixed "Insufficient Disk Space" error where your decimal seperator of your OS is not a dot (some foreign windows versions).

Fixed "Type mismatch" run time error for some people.

Good thread but way too much work to play warezed movies. Xvid rips from torrent sites stream just fine to my 360, as well as the planet earth 720p hd series. shrug.

hmmm hardly too much work , since is fast as hell 2 mins for a 1.07gig file to remux hardly too much work specially when it does it all for you but each to their own :) remuxing even 1080p films now takes no time at all :) besides for me trying to watch a xvid on a 46inch hdtv is just poor quality lol only ever watch hd stuff now :)

Edited by Fubar
Huleboeren

Audioboxer, I think his planet earth HD copies are in WMV-HD

btw, my movies with dts now work in 2.0.4 :D

zerolimit

Divx movies look decent on my 50 inch but dont compare it to a 720p or a 1080p movie! And the work that is done is nothing to watch HD content!

+Audioboxer
Audioboxer, I think his planet earth HD copies are in WMV-HD

btw, my movies with dts now work in 2.0.4 :D

Maybe so, but if they're MKV, TVersity will be transcoding them on the fly.

I know, it's how I used to get my MKVs playing on my PS3 ;)

zerolimit

Transcoding looses video quality! not worth getting a mkv file and transcoding it on the fly! Right now I see no other way that will let you keep video quality and sound then mkvtovob! best way to watch your HD content on your PS3!! hands down!!

Fubar

Another Version Update :)

V2.0.5 26/Feb/2008

Updated tsmuxer to 1.3.6

Fixed Overscan Compensation not working.

Fixed SRT files not in UTF-8 special characters replaced with underscore.

Fixed Greek character encoding for subtitles.

zerolimit

dam this guy is a machine!!!

+Audioboxer

I got my new mobo today, and im just fixing a few bits and pieces (everything working :D).

I'll have my guide updated by tomorrow for MKV2VOB 2.05, and also have the PSP remote play section done/other sections freshened up :)

ynnoj
I got my new mobo today, and im just fixing a few bits and pieces (everything working :D).

I'll have my guide updated by tomorrow for MKV2VOB 2.05, and also have the PSP remote play section done/other sections freshened up :)

Good job man. I'm looking forward to the PSP guide, although I think I've it all set up now.

Huleboeren

Audioboxer, is it possible that you could ask a feature request for me? :D

It would be nice if once you select input folder - it automatically choose the same folder as output folder

The first mkv2vob without the fancy new interface did this, sorta

+Audioboxer
Audioboxer, is it possible that you could ask a feature request for me? :D

It would be nice if once you select input folder - it automatically choose the same folder as output folder

The first mkv2vob without the fancy new interface did this, sorta

I'll ask (Y)

zerolimit

I have been having problems with Wifi/Server it works but for some reason the picture quality goes really bad at some points, I get alot of little squares on my plasma!

Huleboeren

Did you check to see if your source file has the same issues on your computer?

zerolimit

source doesn't have that issue! plays perfect!

• Andrew featured and unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By subir
      Midnight Black & Cosmic Red PS5 DualSense controllers ready for pre-order
      by Subir Kathuria

Sony has announced two new DualSense models - Midnight Black and Cosmic Red .They will be available starting next month to add a dash of color to your gaming setup.

The DualSense controller marked a radical departure from Sony's previous controllers by delivering innovative features. The new DualShock controllers support all the same features like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers that can put up varying levels of resistance, depending on what you're doing in games designed to take advantage of them. They also have a built-in microphone, speaker, and headset jack that lets you plug in any standard 3.5mm earbuds or headphones.

Just like the PS4 DualShock controller got many colorful releases over the life of the previous generation console, this probably won't be the last time Sony releases new color controllers for PS5.

Midnight Black features two subtly different shades of black with light grey detailing to reflect how space is viewed through the night sky. The controller is priced at $69.99 and is available for pre-order on Amazon.com from this link with deliveries starting June 18, 2021.

Cosmic Red offers a striking black and red design inspired by the unique vivid shades of red found throughout the cosmos. It is priced at $74.99 and is available for pre-order on Amazon.com from this link with deliveries starting June 18, 2021.

Sony advises that the exact date will vary by location. You can check PlayStation.com for more information regarding availability.

As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By zikalify
      5G-enabled Xperia 10 III is now available for pre-order
      by Paul Hill

Sony has announced that its Xperia 10 III, which comes with 5G is now available for pre-order. It’s available in black, blue, pink, and white and retails for €429 making it very much a mid-range phone.

In terms of its specifications, the Xperia 10 III is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 5G Mobile Platform which Sony says makes it fast and capable of handling your apps. While having a good processor is important, having enough charge to see you through the day is also necessary, therefore, Sony has packed in a 4500mAh battery which represents a 25% increase over the battery that came with the Xperia 10 II.

In addition to long battery life and good performance, the Xperia 10 III is quite sturdy and should last for several years. It is IP65/IP68 water and dust resistant and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 which can survive multiple drops from greater heights compared to Gorilla Glass 5. The display is a 21:9 Wide 6” notch-less FHD+ OLED display that comes with HDR support to improve movie viewing.

Discussing the connectivity available on the device, Sony said:

To find out more about pre-ordering the device, head to your regional Sony website and navigate to the smartphone section where you should see the Xperia 10 III listed if it’s due to arrive in your country. Sony did not give a launch date for the phone in its announcement but GSM Arena says it’s expected on June 11.

• By Usama Jawad96
      PlayStation Remote Play now supports DualSense on iOS devices
      by Usama Jawad

Sony's PlayStation Remote Play allows you to stream your games to other devices such as PCs and handsets, allowing you to pick up where you left off across multiple platforms. The feature was announced back in 2015 and supports PS5, PS4, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. Previously, mobile devices only offered Remote Play with the DualShock 4 controller. This changes now as Sony has rolled out support for the PlayStation 5's DualSense on iOS devices.

As of now, iOS 14.5 or above is required to pair a DualSense controller with an iPhone via Bluetooth. Other requirements such as having a minimum of 5MB broadband internet remains the same.

IGN tested the DualSense controller with an iPhone and noted some issues with support. For example, haptics seemingly do not work with Sony-published titles such as Astro's Playroom and MLB The Show 21. Similarly, while Adaptive Triggers function, haptics once again fail in Remedy's Control. Moreover, the headphone jack and the built-in speaker don't seem to be working yet either. It's unclear when and if these issues will be fixed. In a sort of a disclaimer at the bottom of its product page, Sony has cautioned that "availability of DualSense features such as audio output and haptic effects vary when using remote play on PC, Mac, iPhone or iPad; some features may not be available."

While Remote Play does not provide support for DualSense on Android devices at this point in time, it's likely that this support will be rolled out sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if you have a compatible iPhone and a DualSense controller, you can give Remote Play a shot by downloading the application from the App Store here.

• By indospot
      Finding a PlayStation 5 may continue to be difficult until 2022, says Sony
      by João Carrasqueira

The latest generation of consoles from Sony and Microsoft have been notoriously hard to find since their launch back in November, and if you've been hoping things will get better, it may still be a while. As reported by Bloomberg, the company has warned a group of analysts that supply restraints may continue into 2022 as demand continues to outpace supply.

Despite the production limits it's been hit by, Sony's sales of the PlayStation 5 are nothing to scoff at. In less than half a year, its next-gen console has sold 7.8 million units, which is in line with sales of the PlayStation 4, one of the best-selling consoles of all time. The company also expects to sell 14.8 million units this year, despite saying it won't be able to keep up with demand. Sony's chief financial officer, Hiroki Totoki, said that the company will need to ramp up production as early as possible, but even then, it will be hard to meet consumer demand:

Many facets of technology have been affected by supply issues in semiconductors over the past year thanks to the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the latest next-gen consoles being one of the more affected products. Likewise, the latest graphics card from both Nvidia and AMD have been very hard to find. In all of these cases, the situation has been made all the more complicated by people who buy the products as soon as they're available to resell at above-market values.

In the console business, Nintendo also issued a warning that component shortages could still cause road bumps in sales of its Switch hybrid console, though it's projecting 25.5 million unit sales for the current fiscal year. As some of the restrictions around COVID-19 are lifted in the coming months in some countries around the world, the situation could get better, but it seems as though some companies aren't banking on that recovery just yet.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.5.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.5.0 changelog:

General:

Added new option to mark a fully played video after moving it to a new folder Implemented external API to allow users to perform actions on their UMS instance from an authorized external source, please see docs at https://support.universalmediaserver.com/books/configuration/page/external-api (thanks, ikrahne!) Fixed TV series metadata not saving for some series Improved episode detection from filenames Optimized network use and handling of unimplemented UPnP actions for some renderers Fixed audio cover art extraction (thanks, ik666!) Fixed database upgrade for some users Fixed recognition of some renderers Renderers:

Improved support for H.264 on Panasonic VT60 Dependencies:

Bump checkstyle from 8.41 to 8.42 Bump com.sun.xml.bind-version from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 Bump commons-lang3 from 3.11 to 3.12.0 Bump icu4j from 68.2 to 69.1 Bump JRE from 15 to 8u292 Bump maven-project-info-reports-plugin from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 Bump MediaInfo from 20.09 to 21.03 Bump metadata-extractor from 2.15.0 to 2.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 Bump twelvemonkeys-imageio-version from 3.6.4 to 3.7.0 Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (99%) (thanks, NCAA and GurliGebis!) Finnish (99%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Italian (98%) (thanks, tiwi90!) Korean (99%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Serbian (97%) (thanks, Slobodan Simić (Слободан Симић)!) Spanish (100%) (thanks, Gerardo Ruiz, fafranco82, Eduardo Martin, and manuel fernandez!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Ukrainian (17%) (thanks, Paul Furlet!) Download: Universal Media Server 10.5.0 | 153.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware