PS3 Media Server / Universal Media Server Guide

Sn00pY

Hmm dunno... mpeg isn't really an HD format is it ? :o

+Audioboxer
Hmm dunno... mpeg isn't really an HD format is it ? :o

It's just a container, audio/video is exactly the same as it was in the mkv file.

You do actually use mkv2vob right?

In the configuration you can output file extension to mpg/mt2s/vob/mp4/avi.

Use VOB or MPG - MKV2VOB does say MPG offers the best playback compatibility though.

Sn00pY

Yes I thought that as soon as I said it - lol... I'm an idiot :)

Tell me this....... I've had some issues with sound being too low when I re-container them :( any ideas?

zerolimit

will it remux also or convert the files

+Audioboxer
Yes I thought that as soon as I said it - lol... I'm an idiot :)

Tell me this....... I've had some issues with sound being too low when I re-container them :( any ideas?

Have you got boost AAC/DTS audio checked?

will it remux also or convert the files

MKV2VOB if left on automatic under transcoder, will only transcode if NEEDED - File won't play on PS3/most 1080p content/if you use subs.

It will always remux if it can.

Sn00pY

Yes I have both AAC and DTS Boost options selected - still very low :(

Huleboeren

This program needs a new name then :p

Its no longer just vobs

MKV2PS3 ?

AndyD
My muxing is constantly failing, this is beginning to drive me crazy.

I'm using the settings listed in the opening post, and I've installed CCCP.

I have the same problem. The fact that mk2vob doesn't have descriptive errors when the file fails doesn't help things either. I reverted back to manually converting mkv files to mp4 using 4 different apps because so far it's the only thing that works for me. What other apps fail at (like Gotsent as well), I manage to convert just fine albeit the long way about it

ynnoj
I have the same problem. The fact that mk2vob doesn't have descriptive errors when the file fails doesn't help things either. I reverted back to manually converting mkv files to mp4 using 4 different apps because so far it's the only thing that works for me. What other apps fail at (like Gotsent as well), I manage to convert just fine albeit the long way about it

Aha, I am not alone. I'm still trying to figure it out, but the lack of descriptive errors (as you mentioned) is indeed a bitch.

williamhook

I has a question.

Is it possible to run both Windows Media Player 11's sharing thing, AND TVersity, on the same (Vista) PC? I tried it a while back and it didn't seem to work at all, the PS3 only seemed to pick up the WMP11 library.

See, it would be easier, because at the moment I have to use mkv2vob on my own PC, then copy the files to my laptop to make it stream through TVersity, which is annoying.

popisdead uk
I has a question.

Is it possible to run both Windows Media Player 11's sharing thing, AND TVersity, on the same (Vista) PC? I tried it a while back and it didn't seem to work at all, the PS3 only seemed to pick up the WMP11 library.

See, it would be easier, because at the moment I have to use mkv2vob on my own PC, then copy the files to my laptop to make it stream through TVersity, which is annoying.

You can indeed, I have both running - I have no reason too really, but the PS3 is connected to both TVersity and WMP11, as is the 360.

+Audioboxer

Has anyone tried transcoding to Xvid?

Whats the quality like?

popisdead uk

Slightly off topic, but is there any decent, free avi to mp4 converters available? I have a few avi's that wont play on the PS3.

lyunya

so i'm using a wireless connection off my neighbor (friend). and i was wondering cause when I try to play an hd movie using tversity, it lags really heavily. is it possible to connect the ps3 to my computer and just have it stream using a wired connection?

popisdead uk
so i'm using a wireless connection off my neighbor (friend). and i was wondering cause when I try to play an hd movie using tversity, it lags really heavily. is it possible to connect the ps3 to my computer and just have it stream using a wired connection?

Would really depend on what sort of signal you are getting from the shared wireless connection, and what band is being used. If its a normal G band router and the signal is around 50% or lower then I would think you would still receive lag. If, however the band is G+, Mimo, or even N (if the card in the PC can accept these signals) with a decent 75%+ signal, and then you wire to the PS3, you may have some joy.

williamhook
You can indeed, I have both running - I have no reason too really, but the PS3 is connected to both TVersity and WMP11, as is the 360.
Strange...it just flat out refuses to see TVersity on this PC. I even tried disabling my firewall....nothing. :(
Slightly off topic, but is there any decent, free avi to mp4 converters available? I have a few avi's that wont play on the PS3.
PS3 Video 9. :D
popisdead uk
Strange...it just flat out refuses to see TVersity on this PC. I even tried disabling my firewall....nothing. :(

PS3 Video 9. :D

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

As for TVersity, have you made sure that the mediaserver.exe is allowed, and not just the TVersity entry?

williamhook

Yeah...like I said, it didn't even work with Windows Firewall disabled. :\

popisdead uk
Yeah...like I said, it didn't even work with Windows Firewall disabled. :\

If you stop the WMP11 sharing does TVersity work?

j0nnymoe

cheers for this! this is a great guide, im streaming my media from my mac mini inside windows vista, but any ideas how i wud go about streaming my content from OSX Leopard? an app thats just as good as tversity? im not to worried if i cant stream my hd stuff, just wana do my mp3's and avi's mainly from leopard

thanks

moe

matthewmarley

mkv2vob works great, just chose mpeg and they will be able to stream using tversity.

ynnoj
mkv2vob works great, just chose mpeg and they will be able to stream using tversity.

I can't get the damn thing to work, it always fails.

pattypig

hello all new here looking for help

i have downloaded the latest version,if i double click on the d/loaded file it trys to install

but i get installation ended prematurely due to an error.

if i unrar it to my desktop,open folder and double click on mkv2vob prog opens,add file but always get unable to get mkv info

the files i am trying on have worked on previous version.(1.05)

am i doing something stupid,please help

• Andrew featured and unpinned this topic