PS3 Media Server / Universal Media Server Guide

Yay - cant wait to try it..

Is he still working alone on the project? or has he gotten support?

Works alone on the project as far as I can tell.

I've been playing around with PSP Remote Play, very impressive.

Yeah it's great.

Quality of the vids is (Y) on the PSP's small screen ;)

Another update guys, be sure to grab it! Bugfixes and it's "final".

V2.0.3 final 24/Feb/2008

Fixed broken AAC to DTS conversion.

Fixed error extracting mkv if audio is ac3 and subtitles on.

Final version, tested on xp working completely.

Wonder when it will be possible to keep the dts sound :(

Have you seen Master And Commander with dts? its amaaaaaaaaazing

PS3 supports DTS, but not from the XMB bar :(

AC3 5.1 DD is good enough (Y)

The 360 can't even do AC3 5.1 and a non-transcoded MKV at the same time, it's one or the other!

3r1c said it himself,

there is no way to get 5.1 audio and h264 to work on xbox 360, its one or the other.

sweet update :D this should be a sticky :)

Edit , having a problem with this release , when it remux's to vob it does it in less than 30 seconds yet it creates a vob thats 0kb in size , any idea's ? added all the exe's to ignore application and do not skin it in windowblinds as that caused problems before hand in the older releases but this time its not doing anything :s , worst thing is i deleted the previous release from the comp so stuck with this one lol any help would be appreciated :)

edit 2 , nevermind seemed it was one bad mkv files just tried another one and it worked , nice and fast too :)

Edited by Fubar

The insufficient space issue still persists :(

I have 10gb free on my primary partition(where temp folder is)

I have 54gb free on my secondary partition where both the movie is, my moved temp folder, my output folder and mkv2vob itself :/

The insufficient space issue still persists :(

I have 10gb free on my primary partition(where temp folder is)

I have 54gb free on my secondary partition where both the movie is, my moved temp folder, my output folder and mkv2vob itself :/

3r1c's working on it,

Originally Posted by carbonkid View Post

"Insufficient Disk Space on C,You have 51.69GB you need 3063.68GB" (Isn't this a little bit too much for a 6.53GB file )

lol. well at least now i know the problem is not in the free space detection but the required space calculation.

ill have a look at it.

oh wait i think i figured it out myself.

your using foreign windows xp with (,) as a decimal seperator arent you?

mkvinfo returns the length in seconds of the movie like 1234.567 which on normal windows will round to 1234 but if your seperator is comma it will round to 1234567 thus the required space becomes 1000x what it should be.

I will fix this.

Im making option in the next version to add the subtitles even if language the same, and load from a seperate srt file.

Another update incoming.

Great news for those wanting to add external subtitles, that aren't included in the MKV.

latest version is out

V2.0.4 25/Feb/2008

Added Always Encode Subtitles option.

Added Load Subtitles from SRT option (put srt file in same folder as mkv with same name).

Added Overscan Compensation option (if subtitles look cut off on your tv).

Added more detailed descriptions for config options.

Added various other small improvements.

Fixed "Insufficient Disk Space" error where your decimal seperator of your OS is not a dot (some foreign windows versions).

Fixed "Type mismatch" run time error for some people.

Good thread but way too much work to play warezed movies. Xvid rips from torrent sites stream just fine to my 360, as well as the planet earth 720p hd series. shrug.

hmmm hardly too much work , since is fast as hell 2 mins for a 1.07gig file to remux hardly too much work specially when it does it all for you but each to their own :) remuxing even 1080p films now takes no time at all :) besides for me trying to watch a xvid on a 46inch hdtv is just poor quality lol only ever watch hd stuff now :)

Edited by Fubar

Audioboxer, I think his planet earth HD copies are in WMV-HD

btw, my movies with dts now work in 2.0.4 :D

Maybe so, but if they're MKV, TVersity will be transcoding them on the fly.

I know, it's how I used to get my MKVs playing on my PS3 ;)

Transcoding looses video quality! not worth getting a mkv file and transcoding it on the fly! Right now I see no other way that will let you keep video quality and sound then mkvtovob! best way to watch your HD content on your PS3!! hands down!!

Another Version Update :)

V2.0.5 26/Feb/2008

Updated tsmuxer to 1.3.6

Fixed Overscan Compensation not working.

Fixed SRT files not in UTF-8 special characters replaced with underscore.

Fixed Greek character encoding for subtitles.

I got my new mobo today, and im just fixing a few bits and pieces (everything working :D).

I'll have my guide updated by tomorrow for MKV2VOB 2.05, and also have the PSP remote play section done/other sections freshened up :)

I got my new mobo today, and im just fixing a few bits and pieces (everything working :D).

I'll have my guide updated by tomorrow for MKV2VOB 2.05, and also have the PSP remote play section done/other sections freshened up :)

Good job man. I'm looking forward to the PSP guide, although I think I've it all set up now.

Audioboxer, is it possible that you could ask a feature request for me? :D

It would be nice if once you select input folder - it automatically choose the same folder as output folder

The first mkv2vob without the fancy new interface did this, sorta

Audioboxer, is it possible that you could ask a feature request for me? :D

It would be nice if once you select input folder - it automatically choose the same folder as output folder

The first mkv2vob without the fancy new interface did this, sorta

I'll ask (Y)

I have been having problems with Wifi/Server it works but for some reason the picture quality goes really bad at some points, I get alot of little squares on my plasma!