Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 leaked

what? ummm RTM 1005? WTF is that?

Was about to ask the same thing... :blink:

Good news...any noticeable differences from the RC's?

No idea, I didn't test any.

My experience is from Vista RTM to SP1 RTM - Although when I did use Vista RTM it was updated through windows update.

It's at a point now where I feel comfortable using it, and I WON'T be uninstalling and going back to XP like I've done about 10x's before - I WANTED to use it previously, but all it did was cause problems (slow copying/games performing poorer/ect).

Vlited a SP1 RTM ISO (2.87GB) down to 600mb.

Install minus bloatware* = Winner :)

* Please be aware I know my use of the word bloatware relates only to my situation - There is a ton of stuff in Vista I don't need/use but I know someone else could make fine use of. Well apart from UAC, that is a pain in the ass for everyone :p

^ah you're using the full iso.... i've downloaded it but haven't tested it yet. i'm still running on the standalone .exe that was floating about last week. all i've done is mounted it to check the build of setup.exe and it's legit. i assume the whole dvd is good if you're running it ok.

^ah you're using the full iso.... i've downloaded it but haven't tested it yet. i'm still running on the standalone .exe that was floating about last week. all i've done is mounted it to check the build of setup.exe and it's legit. i assume the whole dvd is good if you're running it ok.

Yeah, when it comes to service packs I HATE the idea of installing it on an old installation, especially one that has been running for a while.

Formatting and reinstalling with the new service pack integrated is the ONLY way I'll do it (Y)

Yeah, when it comes to service packs I HATE the idea of installing it on an old installation, especially one that has been running for a while.

Formatting and reinstalling with the new service pack integrated is the ONLY way I'll do it (Y)

Amen brotha...

Once the "real" RTM comes out i'll format with SP1 integrated even if the one i have already installed is the final. I'll just do it again and be satisfied.

In theory I agree with you but it does seem like a lot of work.

I would rather install it over my current system now and install the integrated SP build next time i am doing a fresh install.

Alot of work? Seriously?

Install Vista = 22 minutes

Install Office = 5 minutes

Install ALL OTHER APPS - X minutes over time...

Total = 30 + X minutes

You can just install them on the fly really. You don't need Nero (or another burning app) right way. Your xvid codec to watch your pr0n i'm sure can wait unless it's MKV then install that sucker right away! LOL HD pr0n can't wait.

Anyways, I formatted my system 3 times in 1 week cuz i was playing around and screwed up but all my data is on another partition plus external drives. I started an install of Vista 1am before and that's cuz i knew i could get it done before i got super tired.

Does anybody here have a copy of Windows Server 2008? If so, go and view the contents of the DVD. Unfortunately I've left my disc in work or I'd tell you where to look. There's a setup file within a folder called 'spsetup' or similar. The information on the setup file says "Windows Vista Service Pack 1" - can anybody confirm what this is?

They're links with a combined character count of 130 :)

What's that supposed to mean?

Sorry if my post doesn't cut the mustard with you.

I was just trying to get an opinion on the validity of the article.

FYI: new = not noob necessarily

If that is all you have to say maybe you can post me a link to get a refund on my subscription?

Thank you to anybody else who would have an opinion.

If that is all you have to say maybe you can post me a link to get a refund on my subscription?

I was just trying to have a bit of fun, sorry if you took it the wrong way mate :(

lol "cut the mustard" ;)

He was only having a laugh :( don't take it to heart :)

Any idea why my Start Menu's Search entry is now missing post SP1?

Pre SP1

Post SP1

If anyone know's how to fix this with a regestry key hack, post it :)

Edit: Ah I believe this answers my question Microsoft KB Article

Thank your buddy Google for filing lawsuits against Microsoft. They had to remove that in order to be compliant. Google says with that there people wont install Google Desktop so it's anti-competitive. Geeze! Not that i used it as i only searched in Explorer or the start search box at the bottom but geeze.

well, winsupersite is a good enough source of windows info but imho unless the iso shows up on msdn its not 100% confirmed.. just what I think

wth do you people want, official memo from Bill Gates? will that be proof enough?