Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 leaked

but is it me or is there a huge bug.

someone print screen there desktop and try pasteing it into paint, i get garbled graphics lol

No problems with that here

Don't go nuts, Frothy!

:D No. But I'm angry at Microsoft, they just can't seem to stop monkeying about with Vista. If the final slipstreamed iso isn't on connect in the next 24 hours. I'm abandoning this ship.

WOW lol

has anyone tryed that yet, just installed the service pack 1 via WU, no timebombs in winver

but is it me or is there a huge bug.

someone print screen there desktop and try pasteing it into paint, i get garbled graphics lol

I have done it already but no "garbled graphics" for me.

It's just crazy to think all that... just relax yourself and wait a few more... you'll get what you seek soon.

I hate Vista, I can wait, no rush for me to put it on, but would like to know if SP1 final makes Vista work in the cases I use it.

If you want me to relax, send me on vacation :D

the fact that you can't get the RTM is irrelevant. you'd still have to uninstall the RC first. as for what happens if you don't? sorry i don't know. :p

i'm pretty sure "winver" will tell you the expiry date. just uninstall it before then. :)

I can't uninstall it as I'm using it now, but I won't have access to the PC for a year after Saturday.

BTW, build 18000 aka SP1 RTM doesn't expire

I don't have the RTM, and I'm not getting some spurious version.

hmmm.. crosses fingers that I don't end up with an egged PC.

Correct! However I believe it has SP1 in it so maybe someone can figure out a way to extract it?

Yes your right... it also come with a box of Twinkys and a gallon of milk to wash the down with :laugh:

I can't uninstall it as I'm using it now, but I won't have access to the PC for a year after Saturday.

well put the clock forward a year right now and reboot. you'll have your answer then. :p

on a more serious note, just make sure you backup any important files before saturday. then whatever happens really won't be of much consequence. :)

Well I did that registry tweak back on page 16 and now it's offering me RC1 one, and it links to the old SP1 page and doesn't note the KB number. Is this correct?

That's totally correct. The final RTM build has NOT been made available, hence all you will get is the last refresh build.

That's totally correct. The final RTM build has NOT been made available, hence all you will get is the last refresh build.

And you haven't considered that maybe the latest refresh build is what they used for RTM?

I'll just quote myself in here:

The 6001.18000.080118-1840-build is the RC1 Refresh 2 (a.k.a RC3) at least. But I somehow have a gut-feeling that's the build they sent to RTM. Wild speculations I know, but is plausible.

No one will ever know 100% before MS releases it on connect (if they do that), or comes with a statement. Afaik there is no confirmation from MS that the 080118-1840-build had a huge bug either.

I'm using a slipstreamed vlited 64-bit version of this, and haven't noticed any problems with it (Didn't have any problems with the first RC either though).

And you haven't considered that maybe the latest refresh build is what they used for RTM?

Yes, its possible.

But until the final comes out from an OFFICIAL source, it's only that. Speculation.

If it's the same build - why not release it now on MSDN/Connect? Advanced users and OEMs should be able to get working now with it.

Sorry, still not buying it. For now, the SP1 final build is not confirmed.

If it's the same build - why not release it now on MSDN/Connect? Advanced users and OEMs should be able to get working now with it.

Isn't RC Refresh 2 (aka a possible RTM with my loose logic) released on MSDN/Connect? Microsoft works in mysterious ways, so there's no telling. Everybody assumed the desember leak of Vista was bogus, then it turned out it was the same thing available in stores in february.

As I understand it they are most likely one and the same, except that Microsoft hasn't officially released it with the label "RTM" yet. We'll only know for sure once they release RTM and/or make an announcement. But it appears we may have to wait till mid-March for that.

Isn't RC Refresh 2 (aka a possible RTM with my loose logic) released on MSDN/Connect? Microsoft works in mysterious ways, so there's no telling. Everybody assumed the desember leak of Vista was bogus, then it turned out it was the same thing available in stores in february.

Yes, RC R2 is on MSDN/Connect. (The POSSIBLE rtm build, but not confirmed)

The December leak of Vista was the same as the retail because Vista came out in November for OEMs & Businesses. :|

The December leak of Vista was the same as the retail because Vista came out in November for OEMs & Businesses. :|

The RTM was sent to OEM's the 4th according to the press-statement.