Surprisingly, I am alive.

Dude! i'm really happy to hear your still alive. I'm guilty of giving my rear-wheel drive car the gas on a few occasions, but I will really think twice because of this.

I'm glad to see that you learned your lesson without paying the ultimate price for it, and even I have learned a lesson from this.

When I totaled my first car I remembered everything that happened to some extent, but then again mine was at about 50-55km/h so yeah.

Dude! i'm really happy to hear your still alive. I'm guilty of giving my rear-wheel drive car the gas on a few occasions, but I will really think twice because of this.

I'm glad to see that you learned your lesson without paying the ultimate price for it, and even I have learned a lesson from this.

Thanks, and I'm glad you took something good from reading this. I knew most people would just say "I told you so - haha" when they saw this thread. I decided to post it anyway for people who drive like me so they can possibly learn something.

Here are some pictures my uncle took with his iPhone:

iPhone_1.jpg

iPhone_2.jpg

iPhone_3.jpg

iPhone_4.jpg

iPhone_5.jpg

iPhone_6.jpg

Well, those pictures are something to think about.... You're a very lucky guy.

Now that it's all said and done, that you're healthy and quite alive, lets talk about positive stuff.... Like, what's your next car? Are you waiting for the insurance? What's next for you?

I'd prefer if your next pictures where of your new car. :) :)

Operating a vehicle at high speeds requires knowledge of how to operate a vehicle at high speeds.

I'd go to a driving school, and then have another crack at it.

True. But in the end it's just a car. It's not irreplaceable. I'm glad it was the car that was totaled and not me.

I'll post some higher resolution pics later where one can truly appreciate the magnitude of what happened.

DAMN THATS BAD>> HIGH RES PICS PLEASE

Police say that the impact must have been at 160-180km/h.

but what was the speed limit??

You got so lucky. Good thing you had a nice safe car. Are you charged with anything by the police in regards to this accident? Like many have said, you have learned a lesson, too bad it cost you your car. You should change your avatar now.

Well, those pictures are something to think about.... You're a very lucky guy.

Now that it's all said and done, that you're healthy and quite alive, lets talk about positive stuff.... Like, what's your next car? Are you waiting for the insurance? What's next for you?

I'd prefer if your next pictures where of your new car. :) :)

The insurance will pay for the car, but since it was my parents car they will get the money. I'd be too ashamed to ask for another car, so I'll probably get a job and buy whatever I can get.

but what was the speed limit??

60km/h. I had taken that turn at those speeds countless times though. I had been trying to perfect it by adjusting the tire pressures to get the oversteer I wanted, degree of opposite lock, very careful throttle control as to not upset the weight balance of the car, even how many liters of gas were in the tank, and I would always gradually increase the speed to see how the car would react. That turn required a scandinavian flick too to start the slide. Something must have changed. It's not like I just decided out of nowhere "Hey, I guess I'll take this turn at triple the speed limit." It had become a habit.

You got so lucky. Good thing you had a nice safe car. Are you charged with anything by the police in regards to this accident? Like many have said, you have learned a lesson, too bad it cost you your car. You should change your avatar now.

The police wanted to press charges and arrest me, but my grandfather took care of that. It was a simple exchange of words "I'm ------, I'll be in charge of this situation, will you cooperate?" "Yes" "Thank you". And all the charges were dropped.

Edited by Huezo

Huezo, and im sorry to say this, but you really deserve to be dead. The Darwin awards have missed out on another contender.

Thing is you still dont get it, I couldnt care less if you kill yourself going 180 km/hr in a 60 km/hr zone but its the possibility your stupid actions could kill someone else that concerns me.

After crashing your car you have now learned your lesson, only because you were in danger. Other people were in danger every time you broke the speed limit. They are there for a reason, one being if you hit a pedestrian you stand a less change of killing them if you are going slowly. Especially if you manage to leave the road like you did.

Having known somebody who was killed by speeding you are really starting to f**k me off. Stop posting the video everywhere, its not a trophy, you should be ashamed.

The police should have pressed charges, but the fact that they didnt doesnt let you off. Get some advanced driving lessons and if the police do driving safety classes go to them.

The insurance will pay for the car, but since it was my parents car they will get the money. I'd be too ashamed to ask for another car, so I'll probably get a job and buy whatever I can get.

Okay, I was under the impression that the BMW was your car... So, another one playing around with the hot parents car.

"probably get a job", so you don't work, the gas in the car was free from your parents too? Same for the insurance? DAMN! Some lucky kids these days.... I had to pay to get to use a car.

You will have to replace your signature....

Okay, I was under the impression that the BMW was your car... So, another one playing around with the hot parents car.

"probably get a job", so you don't work, the gas in the car was free from your parents too? Same for the insurance? DAMN! Some lucky kids these days.... I had to pay to get to use a car.

You will have to replace your signature....

It was my car in the sense that I was the only one who drove it, but my parents owned it. They also paid for insurance and gas.

It was my car in the sense that I was the only one who drove it, but my parents owned it. They also paid for insurance and gas.

The owner is the one who has their name on the paperwork.

I can assume your parents were the main policy holder too, and if one of them/they didnt ever use it then you're also commiting insurance fraud, by deception.

60km/h. I had taken that turn at those speeds countless times though. I had been trying to perfect it by adjusting the tire pressures to get the oversteer I wanted, degree of opposite lock, very careful throttle control as to not upset the weight balance of the car, even how many liters of gas were in the tank, and I would always gradually increase the speed to see how the car would react. That turn required a scandinavian flick too to start the slide. Something must have changed. It's not like I just decided out of nowhere "Hey, I guess I'll take this turn at triple the speed limit." It had become a habit.

you took a 60 kmh turn at triple the speeds, regularly... no matter who you are or how good you are, even if you're schumacher, you don't take a turn at 180 off the racetrack. You may THINK you have control btu you haven't your car and skill isn't the only factors at play here, oil slicks on the road, tires hitting a pebble, YOU going just that little it past the edge. afterall you did say you where tuning it constantly to take it best.

The police wanted to press charges and arrest me, but my grandfather took care of that. It was a simple exchange of words "I'm ------, I'll be in charge of this situation, will you cooperate?" "Yes" "Thank you". And all the charges were dropped.

honestly, your grandfather is a moron, but nice piece of corruption going on there. Good to see justice is still not something highly valued down there...

You deserve to be charged, you where reckless and could have killed someone. you also deserve to never ever drive a car again. You say you learnt from this, whatever, I don't buy it, and considering how many people you have been putting in danger it's just not enough to say you have learnt.

Also you say you don't believe your survival was coincidence. Do you really think if there was a god, that he had noone better to save at tht oment than someone who was continually driving recklesly and putting other people in danger, do you really think your life was the best he could save ? If there was a god, I'd rather sya he caused that acident where it wouldn't hurt others and have a laugh, and hoping that if you survive you'd learn from it.

and yeah, with all the pictures and youtube clips, it does appear more like you're showing off how awesome the crash was than anything else.

The owner is the one who has their name on the paperwork.

I can assume your parents were the main policy holder too, and if one of them/they didnt ever use it then you're also commiting insurance fraud, by deception.

My parents paid for the insurance, but I am listed as the only driver. The car was technically a company car.

Huezo, and im sorry to say this, but you really deserve to be dead. The Darwin awards have missed out on another contender.

Thing is you still dont get it, I couldnt care less if you kill yourself going 180 km/hr in a 60 km/hr zone but its the possibility your stupid actions could kill someone else that concerns me.

After crashing your car you have now learned your lesson, only because you were in danger. Other people were in danger every time you broke the speed limit. They are there for a reason, one being if you hit a pedestrian you stand a less change of killing them if you are going slowly. Especially if you manage to leave the road like you did.

Having known somebody who was killed by speeding you are really starting to f**k me off. Stop posting the video everywhere, its not a trophy, you should be ashamed.

The police should have pressed charges, but the fact that they didnt doesnt let you off. Get some advanced driving lessons and if the police do driving safety classes go to them.

+1

+1

But everybody deserve a second chance. I don't think that he deserve to be dead. If he has enough brains, he should now understand.

Police should have pressed charges and the grandfather should have let them. But what good would have came out of this? I don't know. I think (I hope) he did learn something here.

+1

But everybody deserve a second chance. I don't think that he deserve to be dead. If he has enough brains, he should now understand.

Police should have pressed charges and the grandfather should have let them. But what good would have came out of this? I don't know. I think (I hope) he did learn something here.

Speeding at 180 KPH is dangerous and thats the reason why there are speed limits, driving tests, road police etc... If thats the case, speeding is dangerous, and you crash, you deserve what you get.

He loves speeding, boasts about speeding and nearly died by speeding. He knew it was wrong and was told often enough by people on here. He is lucky to be alive, but deserves to be dead. The likely outcome didnt happen, he was lucky. Most people are not.

What people like Huezo dont seem to realise that a car in the wrong hands is a dangerous weapon. There is no difference in losing control at 180 KPH and intentionally running over somebody. Its not the act of running the person over, its the mental decision, if one decides to speed, he is breaking the law, putting people in danger it really cant be justified.

Thousands of people die every year because of people like Huezo.

Speeding at 180 KPH is dangerous and thats the reason why there are speed limits, driving tests, road police etc... If thats the case, speeding is dangerous, and you crash, you deserve what you get.

He loves speeding, boasts about speeding and nearly died by speeding. He knew it was wrong and was told often enough by people on here. He is lucky to be alive, but deserves to be dead. The likely outcome didnt happen, he was lucky. Most people are not.

What people like Huezo dont seem to realise that a car in the wrong hands is a dangerous weapon. There is no difference in losing control at 180 KPH and intentionally running over somebody. Its not the act of running the person over, its the mental decision, if one decides to speed, he is breaking the law, putting people in danger it really cant be justified.

Thousands of people die every year because of people like Huezo.

It's okay, I get your point, and everything you say is true. But their's no point at beating a dead dog. We are at 7 pages of "I told you so" and "you deserve to die". YES he boasted that he liked to speed. WE ALL DO, believe it or not. Don't tell us you NEVER drove faster than the speed limits, that would be a lie.

He over did it, it was dangerous both for him and for others around him. We all know that, HE knows that (now, I hope).

But you can't expect me to believe that someone CAN'T learn, or mature for what happened.

The point is, HE IS ALIVE, he has the chance to do better going forward.