Surprisingly, I am alive.

U5tabil: I agree with you to an extent. I live in a rural area and most the roads spend most of their time empty, especially at night. Also, some (not all) of the roads are out in the open with miles of visibility around every corner. Those roads, imo, shouldn't even have a legal speed limit. It's just as safe to do 80 down those roads as it is to do 60. The problem is though, not all the rural roads are like that, and they can suddenly change. A lot of them do have limited visibility in the bends, and if there's a combine harvester coming the other way, you're screwed/dead. Similarly, if you go around a bend with poor visibility and someone pulls out of their driveway, or there's just some annoying slow person also going in your direction, you'll have to slam on the anchors so you don't go into the back of them.

The thing is he's dong it in Norway. Most roads here are VERY curvy, there is very litle long range visibility. On top of that he sayshe speeds at night, wich is Ridiculous, if there's one time of the day when you can't see peopel here,it's at nght. Norway is furthernorth than the IK, and tnight is really dark, most of the types of roads he says he speeds on are also covered by forests on each side and no road lights.

To top that off, norwegians fo some reason love to walk outside on the seemingly empty roads, at night, in dark clothes. It doesn't sound like you have any experience actually driving at night, and how hard andhow late you actually see peple with light or dark clothes, but especially dark. By the time you see them, it's to late to break, you might make a emergencency maneuver, unless it's winter and you're as likely to slide into the person instead.

Fact is the speed limits are set by the experts, and they're not set at the highest possible speed a good car can safely drive on a perfect day with a dry hot surface. They're set at safe speeds. For average cars, with average drivers, And don't assume you're nothing but an average drivers because you know how to pull a handbrake turns and end up the right way.

If you must speed, do it during the day, when you can see the people on and by the road, when you can see the condition of the road, where the pot holes are, where the oil spillsand water is. Not at night.

U5tabil: I agree with you to an extent. I live in a rural area and most the roads spend most of their time empty, especially at night. Also, some (not all) of the roads are out in the open with miles of visibility around every corner. Those roads, imo, shouldn't even have a legal speed limit. It's just as safe to do 80 down those roads as it is to do 60. The problem is though, not all the rural roads are like that, and they can suddenly change. A lot of them do have limited visibility in the bends, and if there's a combine harvester coming the other way, you're screwed/dead. Similarly, if you go around a bend with poor visibility and someone pulls out of their driveway, or there's just some annoying slow person also going in your direction, you'll have to slam on the anchors so you don't go into the back of them.

The way I see it, unless the roads are;

a) Empty. Including people walking, cycling on the paths next to the roads.

b) Fully visible (especially the bends)

c) Suitable for driving fast on - eg, no loose gravel, not wet etc

Then it is fine to speed (in my opinion) but y'know...don't take the **** with it. Letting your speed go up to 80 in a 60 limit maybe, but not ridiculous 100mph+ speeds.

There are a lot of villages near here, and a lot of people riding horses too. It's dangerous even doing 40mph to overtake those because the horses get scared and throw the rider off. If you go whizzing around a bend and there's a horse on either side of the road, well...I'm sure you won't be getting a thank you card from the rider.

There are too many variables for speeding to ever be totally safe, heck even driving within the speed limit is pretty dangerous. To summarise; Roads are dangerous. Speeding only makes them more dangerous. If you don't care about your own safety, so be it. But only drive dangerously when you are absolutely sure nobody else is at risk.

Yes this is more like i mean. I have driven the road many times. And i know where i can't speed because of not fully visible corners. And horse riders and horse centers are closed at night here anyway. I never drive like a mad man in an stolen car. I know MY limits and i stay a bit under those.

HawkMan:

I don't speed when i rains because it makes it more dangerous even worse in the snow. Only on dry roads.

And as i wrote i DON'T drive NEAR any city because i know people are out for a walk. But the place that i speed there ain't even a house for many km. I know where people like to take a walk here. And it ain't there. And when i drive i drive more like in the middle of the road so that even if there is a extacy addict going on the side of the road in middle of no where. I will probably manage to go past him and not over him. And i don't flore my car before i see the whole corner. You brake down a lot before the corner and then when you hit the apax of the corner and you see all the way out of it you can floore it.

I think the people who think speeding is good should see the results of high speed crashes. It is not pretty in any way.

Yes this is more like i mean. I have driven the road many times. And i know where i can't speed because of not fully visible corners. And horse riders and horse centers are closed at night here anyway. I never drive like a mad man in an stolen car. I know MY limits and i stay a bit under those.

HawkMan:

I don't speed when i rains because it makes it more dangerous even worse in the snow. Only on dry roads.

And as i wrote i DON'T drive NEAR any city because i know people are out for a walk. But the place that i speed there ain't even a house for many km. I know where people like to take a walk here. And it ain't there. And when i drive i drive more like in the middle of the road so that even if there is a extacy addict going on the side of the road in middle of no where. I will probably manage to go past him and not over him. And i don't flore my car before i see the whole corner. You brake down a lot before the corner and then when you hit the apax of the corner and you see all the way out of it you can floore it.

Yes, because driving in the middle of the road is much better.. what happens if someone's driving without their lights on? it happens. then you'd be dead.

Yes, because driving in the middle of the road is much better.. what happens if someone's driving without their lights on? it happens. then you'd be dead.

It never happens. It is pich black here. No street ligths or anything. So without ligths here you crash after 1 min.

• 1 month later...
I don't believe you will change your habits, a few weeks from now you will probably driving daddy's car, using daddy's gas and coasting without a ticket because grandpa pulled your dick out of the fire, and when you crash next time I only hope you don't kill someone.

LMAO that a good one

Anybody who does over 100 atleast here on long island is crazy. First off we are an island so you cant go to far.

Second ALL our roads where designed for 40mph so even 80 mph is dangerous. On our parkways we have tons of accidents from cars andmotorcycles going 80 and wiping out and flipping over.

HawkMan:

lol wow... I mean I speed a little bit like going 60 in a 50. Hitting a corning a flooring it out of it is just retarded, you know how much gas you waste doing that ****?

And going like 80+ like some people are saying is also just dumb and dangerous.

It's fun to get the car sideways sometimes, but only when you know your the only one on the road. That's the problem with driving a RWD car, your tempted to slow down, downshift, and lose traction going into the turn, and slide out haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why your saying your suprised to live, that crash is nothing, looks just like every other crash i see regularly.

BMW's are very robust, mainly because it's German and very strong.

If you ever buy a car always get German. VW/Audi, BMW, Mercedes, you'll always been fine in crashes and there ultra reliable.

I don't understand why your saying your suprised to live, that crash is nothing, looks just like every other crash i see regularly.

BMW's are very robust, mainly because it's German and very strong.

If you ever buy a car always get German. VW/Audi, BMW, Mercedes, you'll always been fine in crashes and there ultra reliable.

Yeah, shame about the other guy who's probably just on his way home from work before you smashed into him.

I don't get why because people think because their cars are safer for them it's okay to speed and drive recklessly. In other words, "I'm all right, Jack. F**k everyone else"

Sorry, but there's been a number of accidents around my area because of people speeding, crashing into other innocent drivers/cyclists and it's really ****es me off when they don't learn from it.

Wow, I'll have to ask Earnhardt, Paul Dana, Jo Gartner, and John Lingenfelter about that. You know guys wearing safety equiptment and in cars over designed for safety. Not to mention the approximately 1m a year that die in commuter cars and I'm sure some of those are German made cars. No car on the planet will always keep you on the sunny side of the grass in the event of an accident. Not that driving like an ass on public roads is an accident; that is more like choosing to play Russian roulette, when the gun goes off it is hardly an accident. If you want your fix go to the track.

Shut the **** up!! The guy got in an accident, big deal. People get into accidents if they speed or not. I speed and have never been in an accident, my aunt never speeds and wrecked her Benz 2 weeks ago. Shut up and get off his back. Damn.

C-Squarez, you're really not getting what I mean. I said I don't care if you speed and kill yourself in a crash. It's when you speed, crash, AND HURT PEOPLE who could NOT protect themselves, ie. pedestrians.

I never said anything about non-speeders getting flogged, but when someone breaks the law and by doing so ruins someones life, their own life should be ruined.

**** off.

Shut the **** up!! The guy got in an accident, big deal. People get into accidents if they speed or not. I speed and have never been in an accident, my aunt never speeds and wrecked her Benz 2 weeks ago. Shut up and get off his back. Damn.

Well she might not have been literally speeding.

but you are also supposed to drive in a speed correct for your abilities as a driver and the conditions of the road. I'm betting that sine hse crashed she probably was speedingin a way, because she was going faster than what she could handle with her abilities on the conditions there and then.

speed limits are just an upper limit, they're not a "go this fast" guide.

Remember me? I was the guy that said that you having so many crashes was probably your own fault, and you went nuts and told me that none of them were your fault.

Well what about this one?

Swallow your pride and stop risking other peoples lives

I don't care how far away a track is right now, nothing you wrote (and yes, I did read it) changes my mind about you speeding. On a public road, you're a selfish *******.

I totally Agree, there is no need to speed on public roads and place other peoples lives at risk.