Surprisingly, I am alive.

There is a difference between occasionally driving 5-10 over the posted limit and driving 20+ and boasting about how going ?ber-fast makes yousafer>.

It's okay, I get your point, and everything you say is true. But their's no point at beating a dead dog. We are at 7 pages of "I told you so" and "you deserve to die". YES he boasted that he liked to speed. WE ALL DO, believe it or not. Don't tell us you NEVER drove faster than the speed limits, that would be a lie.

He over did it, it was dangerous both for him and for others around him. We all know that, HE knows that (now, I hope).

But you can't expect me to believe that someone CAN'T learn, or mature for what happened.

The point is, HE IS ALIVE, he has the chance to do better going forward.

Yeah I know it seems like an over reaction but ive know a good few people either killed or badly injured in driving accidents. 1 good friend of mine went to prison for drink driving where he hit a kid and another died speeding, where he lost control round a corner and went off a hill.

I actually failed my driving test for speeding :rolleyes: but after all ive seen and the damage it does I dont speed at all, and with all the cameras in Manchester it would cost a fortune!

i don't get something ... how can you be .. Oh my god i survived and yet say yeah it was my dads (he was paying for everythin) but was mine (since i was driving it) and take no responsability for the crash (oh my grandpa saved my ass) ... i wonder ... can you actually afford to pay gas/insurance/car maintenence and stil drive fast and crash and be your fauld and no one to save your ass?!!!!!!!

quick edit : ... you are just a kid, leave the racing to pro's and mature more before you drive again

First of all, glad to hear you're OK. I'm also relieved that no one else died in the "accident". Sometimes it takes major events like this to snap us out of our ego and make us realize just how much we are not in control.

Also you say you don't believe your survival was coincidence. Do you really think if there was a god, that he had noone better to save at tht oment than someone who was continually driving recklesly and putting other people in danger, do you really think your life was the best he could save ? If there was a god, I'd rather sya he caused that acident where it wouldn't hurt others and have a laugh, and hoping that if you survive you'd learn from it.

If there is a God, and this wasn't a coincidence (By looking at the pics, I can definitely see why he thinks it isn't), then this is an example of grace - unmerited and completely undeserved favor/mercy. We have all done stupid things before (some more stupid than others), and sometimes, for an unknown reason, God gives us another undeserved chance. Did he "deserve" to die? Absolutely. Was he completely wrong for speeding? Absolutely. But for whatever the reason, his life was spared.

Just make sure to learn from your mistake and drive more safely from now on. :D

i don't get something ... how can you be .. Oh my god i survived and yet say yeah it was my dads (he was paying for everythin) but was mine (since i was driving it) and take no responsability for the crash (oh my grandpa saved my ass) ... i wonder ... can you actually afford to pay gas/insurance/car maintenence and stil drive fast and crash and be your fauld and no one to save your ass?!!!!!!!

quick edit : ... you are just a kid, leave the racing to pro's and mature more before you drive again

I understand you are mad at Huezo, but to go to this extent is quite hilarious. Do you even know how the Pro Racers started out? The majority had their parents buy them their first dragster, their parents also bought them the bigger version of it when they got their NHRA License, and the majority of them had that paid for by their parents too. I'm talking about big time pro racers, not little people. So essentially they started out with nothing, and now have life by the balls and have more money than they know what to do with.

If you do the research, you'll find out that I'm not making this up....you might not like the truth and think everything should pay for their own stuff, thats fine and thats your opinion. But truth be it, alot of these "Pro" racers wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for parents paying for their early career vehicles / gas / tires, etc.

I'll also be doing the same for my child, he will have his way paid through college, he will have his first vehicle for free, and most likely I'll be paying for his gas for a few years as well as insurance. It doesn't bother me a bit. Hell, if I was a millionaire his first car would probably be a Dodge Viper or a Corvette C6 Z06 paid for in cash.

I understand you are mad at Huezo, but to go to this extent is quite hilarious. Do you even know how the Pro Racers started out? The majority had their parents buy them their first dragster, their parents also bought them the bigger version of it when they got their NHRA License, and the majority of them had that paid for by their parents too. I'm talking about big time pro racers, not little people. So essentially they started out with nothing, and now have life by the balls and have more money than they know what to do with.

If you do the research, you'll find out that I'm not making this up....you might not like the truth and think everything should pay for their own stuff, thats fine and thats your opinion. But truth be it, alot of these "Pro" racers wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for parents paying for their early career vehicles / gas / tires, etc.

I'll also be doing the same for my child, he will have his way paid through college, he will have his first vehicle for free, and most likely I'll be paying for his gas for a few years as well as insurance. It doesn't bother me a bit. Hell, if I was a millionaire his first car would probably be a Dodge Viper or a Corvette C6 Z06 paid for in cash.

I did not have any problem with what you said until the last line..... You would let your kids drive a Viper or Corvette? You're serious? You would not even think about peer pressure or them boasting about their car and how fast it can go and how cool/special they are for having a hot fast car?

I guess that would be another accident waiting to happen....

I'm trying but failing to see where you're going with this; the difference with pro racers is that if they're not racing their dragsters round public highways putting everyone else at risk. I think zeta_immersion was just pointing out that perhaps some more responsibility is needed in this particular case.

I did not have any problem with what you said until the last line..... You would let your kids drive a Viper or Corvette? You're serious? You would not even think about peer pressure or them boasting about their car and how fast it can go and how cool/special they are for having a hot fast car?

I guess that would be another accident waiting to happen....

No, there are simple ways to detune a car to not let a person get its full potential out of the box. If I had that kind of money, the car would have a custom computer system installed in it limiting how high the RPMs can go and I would gradually change it as he got the hang of the car and learned to respect it.

As far as boasting, he can do that all he wants....but there isn't really a point, is there? If you see a Viper or a C6 Z06 you already know its pretty quick and theres no need to show the full potential of the vehicle unless there is some cash involved. :cool:

I have no respect for people who speed and think it's a safer way to drive. You people have no respect for the lives of others on the road.

I seriously doubt this will end his days of speeding. I don't care what he says, I bet he does it again the first chance he gets. He survived this one and didn't get hurt and he's putting out videos and photos on the internet and is obviously bragging about it. Trying to hide hide that fact by saying "I just want others to learn from me". I don't buy that at all.

Also, it doesn't matter who is listed as the driver of the car. Your parents paid for everything so it was THEIR CAR. Even that's questionable because now you say it's techncially a company car. Either way it goes, it shows you have no respect for the property of others.

btw, it was said insurnce would pay for the car ?

WTF the police said you had to be driving 180 for this to happen, what insurance company would pay any money bck on a car that was driven so recklessly ?insurance companies are usually real bitchy about paying money back. have they allready said they'll be paying ?

though if they're really bitchy they'll pay your mom and dad nddecide the eccident was your fault and have you pau it, if the insurance was on yoru parents, though if your parents let you drive they can't do that really, just decide not to pay out.

No, there are simple ways to detune a car to not let a person get its full potential out of the box. If I had that kind of money, the car would have a custom computer system installed in it limiting how high the RPMs can go and I would gradually change it as he got the hang of the car and learned to respect it.

As far as boasting, he can do that all he wants....but there isn't really a point, is there? If you see a Viper or a C6 Z06 you already know its pretty quick and theres no need to show the full potential of the vehicle unless there is some cash involved. :cool:

That custom computer can and would be disabled quite fast, kids are not stupid. And looks are not everything, you can drive a Viper or a Vette, but can you REALLY drive it? That's the boasting I'm talking about. Pedal to the metal and lets prove that you can drive a fast car. Kids do it all the time, they defy each others, more so with cars. Just look how many go out of their way to modify their Civic in order to "try" to be faster than that guy with the Mustang GT...

No need to have cash involved, just pure ego boosting. The "look at me" factor, the "I'm the best" attitude.

That custom computer can and would be disabled quite fast, kids are not stupid. And looks are not everything, you can drive a Viper or a Vette, but can you REALLY drive it? That's the boasting I'm talking about. Pedal to the metal and lets prove that you can drive a fast car. Kids do it all the time, they defy each others, more so with cars. Just look how many go out of their way to modify their Civic in order to "try" to be faster than that guy with the Mustang GT...

No need to have cash involved, just pure ego boosting. The "look at me" factor, the "I'm the best" attitude.

And the "My car really is a piece of ****" reality.

hopefully his Daddy's Insurance Company happens to have someone that is a member of NeoWin and has taken note..its seems possible the family needs a 'rude awakening' and probably merge some other auto insurance into a life insurance policy.

----documented admission of guilt and stupidy.

Mario Andretti He Wasn't

FUBAR He Is

Damn, you guys are really tough.... Don't be so harsh on him.

But anyway, good thing you're alive.

BTW: That Beamer is Fubar'd really bad. Nice solid cars, thats the type of security and peace of mind I expect from a car.

i don't see why people are having heart attacks over this. the fact remains the guy has learned his lesson and did not harm anyone in learning that lesson. that's something to be happy about, its good to hear that he is moving on and has learned from his mistake. you guys are acting like he drove into a crowd of people or something...

The "I told you so" and "deserve to die" as lasted long enough. I think he gets it.

Stop beating him, HE got out of a terrible crash, I can only imagine that he is shaken up to a high level.

Lets talk about something else.

Then why buy them an $80,000 car and detube it to a $30,000 car? thats a complete waste.

wow shocking man hope you can get a new car and try that bend again maybe this time you can get it right without smashing.

/sarcasm

• 3 months later...