The Big Wrestling Thread!

Brock at  #4? Really? What did he do in his 4 or 5 matches during the past year or so to warrant that ranking? I mean, I get it he was the universal champ so they kinda had to include him (I guess?) but every other wrestling in that top 10 ran circles around him in the ring - especially Omega, Styles, Okada and Naito. Plus, isn't Cody Rhodes the ROH champ (and I think some sort of champ in NJPW?) still? Shouldn't he be higher up the list than #8? I guess its subjective and all that, but meh. This is why I usually don't like their listings lol

• Like 1

Agreed. Brock at #4 is a total work. AJ is most certainly not #2 either. Omega is not #1 -- top 10, sure, but he's not #1 as a worker. I'd put him at #6 at best.

#1 Ricochet. Nobody, nobody can touch that fella in pure skill. Gonna be the man in 2019 when he moves up to Main. But that's what everyone thought about Neville ...

#2 Cody. Never been better, but he needs to take a bit of time off after All In. Looking a little bit worn out and banged up from the travel schedule.

#3 Young Bucks. They're f'n great. Possible jump to WWE could hurt them right now ... nobody should ever work for Vince. Go to NXT and stay put. That's where the real shine is. Triple H's booking is what makes NXT great. Vince will only sabotage them to spite Cody.

#4 Pendragon. Yes, that vato loco really is that good but needs to stay put in LU and avoid TNA like the plague.

#5 Brian Cage. Ready to make his big breakout -- no pun intended. Could do very well in NXT if given the chance. Needs to leave TNA entirely ... he's not learning anything useful there.

#6 Velveteen Dream. Too bad he really messed up an attempted "call me Vince" stunt ....

#7 Strowman. 'Nuff said.

#8 Okada. Yep.

#9 Rollins, but needs to be a little more careful with his knees.

#10 Miz. Doing great work lately.

Omega and Okada (I think it was Okada....I get some of the Japanese wrestlers mixed up these days) put on amazing matches over the last what, 18 months or so? I'd go so far as to say their worst match of the bunch, was pretty much better than any match WWE has put on (other than NXT stuff mind you) in YEARS. Don't get me wrong, WWE has some great matches but they are never consistent really. While I won't argue whether Omega should be #1 or not, he should definitely be in the top 3 for sure. Styles should either be 1 or 2 because he's been putting on an absolute clinic basically since he arrived in WWE. Other than that, I'd have to say I agree with you on Ricochet but I woudn't put him on top of the list quite yet. He's not there yet imo, but man can he work.

5 hours ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Brock at #4 is a total work.

The list in a nutshell; it's largely based on their status, so naturally, him holding the top title in the top company throughout the entire judging period - starting and ending in mid-June - means he's gonna be ranked high, despite doing sweet FA in that time.

6 hours ago, LOC said:

Plus, isn't Cody Rhodes the ROH champ (and I think some sort of champ in NJPW?) still?

He was the ROH world champion from late June to December last year, losing it to Dalton Castle, who's #15 on the list, and ended up holding it a little longer, all the way to the end of June, when Jay Lethal (#48) regained it.

Cody is a current ROH 6-man tag team champion along with the Young Bucks, but that was won just over a month ago, so PWI wouldn't have taken it into consideration. As for NJPW, he's still yet to win a title there of any kind.

I am so glad I stayed up to watch All In; it's been brilliant so far, and I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face, especially after what happened straight after Hangman Page vs. Joey Janela!

So not knowing most of the talent wrestling last night on All In, I was kinda meh on the whole event because of that. But after watching the first couple of matches, I was on board for the show. Steven Armell has a future in the wrestling ring if he so chooses  to do so after acting etc. I know Daniels kinda carried him, like Daniels does, but Armell put on a good show, and can certainly go in the ring.

Once that match was over and the 4 way women's match was on, I was rather enjoying myself. The 3 big matches though, were real stunners. Certainly on par with NXT's stuff and way, way better than most of the dreck WWE puts on TV/PPV lately. So overall, I really liked the show and I do hope they do All In 2: Double or Nothing next year :D

Spoiler

Anddddddd I wonder how Vince feels about Jericho showing up and working the show with Omega. I know its a set up for the Jericho Cruise thingy more than anything, but unless Vince signed off on it and gave his blessing - I'd imagine Vince isn't to happy about it. Plus, not to mention the fact that Jericho is just the master of showing up and surprising everyone :D (like, everyone though Neville was gonna show up here, but alas not to be)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LOC said:

Hide contents

Anddddddd I wonder how Vince feels about Jericho showing up and working the show with Omega. I know its a set up for the Jericho Cruise thingy more than anything, but unless Vince signed off on it and gave his blessing - I'd imagine Vince isn't to happy about it. Plus, not to mention the fact that Jericho is just the master of showing up and surprising everyone :D (like, everyone though Neville was gonna show up here, but alas not to be)

Spoiler

Even more amazing was Fozzy had a gig in Kansas City last night, so everyone naturally assumed he wouldn't be there, but nope! Disguised as Pentagon, attacked Omega, then immediately flew from Chicago to KC to play the Fozzy gig with the facepaint still on. ?

On 8/29/2018 at 8:03 PM, LOC said:

Brock at  #4? Really? What did he do in his 4 or 5 matches during the past year or so to warrant that ranking? I mean, I get it he was the universal champ so they kinda had to include him (I guess?) but every other wrestling in that top 10 ran circles around him in the ring - especially Omega, Styles, Okada and Naito. Plus, isn't Cody Rhodes the ROH champ (and I think some sort of champ in NJPW?) still? Shouldn't he be higher up the list than #8? I guess its subjective and all that, but meh. This is why I usually don't like their listings lol

On 8/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, LOC said:

Omega and Okada (I think it was Okada....I get some of the Japanese wrestlers mixed up these days) put on amazing matches over the last what, 18 months or so? I'd go so far as to say their worst match of the bunch, was pretty much better than any match WWE has put on (other than NXT stuff mind you) in YEARS. Don't get me wrong, WWE has some great matches but they are never consistent really. While I won't argue whether Omega should be #1 or not, he should definitely be in the top 3 for sure. Styles should either be 1 or 2 because he's been putting on an absolute clinic basically since he arrived in WWE. Other than that, I'd have to say I agree with you on Ricochet but I woudn't put him on top of the list quite yet. He's not there yet imo, but man can he work.

On 8/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, LOC said:

On 8/30/2018 at 2:40 AM, MightyJordan said:

The list in a nutshell; it's largely based on their status, so naturally, him holding the top title in the top company throughout the entire judging period - starting and ending in mid-June - means he's gonna be ranked high, despite doing sweet FA in that time.

The PWI 500 rankings are done in kayfabe.

Brock held the Universal title for the entire year.