The Big Wrestling Thread!

On 11/17/2018 at 8:21 PM, MightyJordan said:

I have now, and bloody hell...

arquette chair shot looks real. But he was really amazing. He went back in to finish the match. Not many people can do that

On 11/14/2018 at 12:05 PM, LOC said:

Wow, that would SUCKKKK if they pull her off the show because of that nose. I mean if its a concussion or broken nose, I get it, but man what a shame. Also, I hope Nia Jax (she was the one who did it I think?) doesn't get put in the dog house due to this also.

So yeah, holy crap what a cluster f of a situation all of a sudden. If you watched or read the SDL results, you know what's going on. All I gotta say is, wow.

nia has injured alot of wrestlers; becky lynch, Zelina Vega , Bayley and i think she had something to do with alexa bliss injury too. her response to injuring becky lynch is this 

Well Matt Riddle has the best theme music ive ever heard, hands down

NXT Takeover was incredible - Gargano/Black and Velvetine/Ciampa matches were show stealers (maybe a few too many near falls in the latter)

Genuinely cant think of anything worth mentioning from Survivor Series apart from Enzo in the crowd, below average show

WARNING: Potential attempted murder.

Earlier this week, Angel o Demonio took on Cuervo at a Lucha Memes / Lucha Libre Boom co-promotional show in Puerto Rico. At one point during the match, Demonio took a large brick and threw it from the ring down to the floor, hitting Cuervo in the back of the head and legitimately knocking him out for a few moments (4:35 mark in the video above).

The reason for the throw was reportedly due to hard chairshots from Cuervo earlier in the match.

The referee and what looked to be a ringside physician immediately checked on Cuervo, who would regain consciousness and be helped to the back. The match would just end with Demonio taunting the crowd for a few minutes.

In an update on Cuervo's condition, he underwent successful surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain and is currently in stable condition.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/11/update-on-wrestler-being-knocked-out-by-thrown-brick-during-648075/

• Sad 2

I don't watch WWE on TV anymore, just mainly check with the web site and here for info (don't have time much anymore to watch).  Anyway, I was puzzled as to why Randy Orton was unmasking Rey, but thought "well, he is heel again".  But, imagine my surprise when the "unmasking" was done in such a way as to show Rey's face a few times!  Past matches, like with Jericho, he was able to keep his face covered, but not this time.  You get a few great shots of "unmasked Rey" with the clip of the match on WWE.  I wonder what they are trying to do this time?

On 11/22/2018 at 3:58 PM, MightyJordan said:

I have watched this a few times now.  The UK crowds have a great way to have fun at the matches, don't they?  Remember the "Fandango" bit?  LOL!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jamwheat said:

I have watched this a few times now.  The UK crowds have a great way to have fun at the matches, don't they?  Remember the "Fandango" bit?  LOL!

Possibly inspired by our darts crowds. 😛

That was ######## hysterical. Have they always done super on point WWE (and other companies I assume) bashing/mentioning/parody-ing? I've only watched a handful of BTE stuff (sorry!) usually near big shows or rumored important "episodes" of BTE etc.

But Cody is on point, him being possessed by WWE (LOL) and spouting finishing moves and PPV names etc just had me rolling and Daniels was just about perfect as well. All around, a good 14 minutes of hilarity and fun. Also, I still think they are going to WWE :D

• Like 1

Well, it was inevitable that this would happen eventually . . .

It has come to light via our sources that following this weekend’s tapings in Liverpool, several members of the NXT UK roster have been given new contracts. The new deals will allegedly see an increase to the wrestlers’ annual salary (we should note that we have not seen the contracts and we do not know figures at this stage) but will prevent them from working for any other promotions in the UK.

If true, this seems to directly contradict previous WWE statements at the launch of the brand that there would be “no restrictions” on talent and that WWE were not “the big bad wolf” coming into the scene and signing talent to stop them from working elsewhere.

Previously NXT UK talent were unable to wrestle for promotions with a significant online presence or with distribution deals (such as Defiant and RevPro) but were still permitted to wrestle on local-level indy events, as well as for WWE’s partner promotions PROGRESS, ICW and wXw (in Germany).

Our sources indicate that the terms of the new contracts prevent NXT UK talent from working anywhere else except for the partner groups, giving WWE exclusivity on its roster. These changes are perhaps a response to the disappointing houses NXT UK has drawn for recent tapings, with only a reported 600-800 in attendance on each night of the Liverpool events this past weekend, far less than the venue capacity. The logic behind it is likely that if a fan can pay £10 to see the stars of the show at a local indy group then they are unlikely to pay significantly more to see them at NXT UK.

We should stress that we have been told this new deal does not apply to everyone on the roster, so you may still see some NXT UK talent appearing on indy shows, which would signify that they do not have new deals. We are told that it does apply to the majority of talent though.

Apparently the majority of those no longer able to work elsewhere will be allowed to finish up their advertised bookings for the end of the year, but there will be additional restrictions attached. One of these is that talent can only wrestle on a show if there is a paramedic there, due to several members of the roster turning up to the recent UK Performance Centre training session carrying injuries that WWE were unaware of. For several smaller promotions, this could be a problem.

More interestingly, our sources indicate that NXT UK talent will not be permitted to wrestle against anyone contracted to ROH, Impact, NJPW, WOS or any other major promotion. Previously this had not been the case. This applies immediately, meaning any previously booked and advertised matches pitting NXT UK talent against wrestlers from any of the aforementioned groups need to be changed.

Tidal Wrestling, a promotion based in Leeds, were the first to publicly acknowledge the situation, posting on their Facebook page that due to changes in circumstances their December card would mark the final appearance of NXT UK talent on their shows. Other promotions are expected to follow suit, with several groups having been informed today about the changes.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/british-wrestling-in-turmoil-new-restrictions-on-nxt-uk-talent-imminent/

So, they kept up the illusion for just under two years.