The Big Wrestling Thread!

Can someone explain Jim Cornette to me, and why in 2019 he is even relevant?

He seems like "angry man yelling at crowd" quite often, someone who believes his own hype and really is now just relevant because he once was.

Listening to him call MLW, it's just noise for the sake of noise.  Nothing he says shows any knowledge of the wrestlers in the ring, any kayfabe storyline or technical play by play.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 8:57 AM, Human.Online said:

Can someone explain Jim Cornette to me, and why in 2019 he is even relevant?

He seems like "angry man yelling at crowd" quite often, someone who believes his own hype and really is now just relevant because he once was.

Listening to him call MLW, it's just noise for the sake of noise.  Nothing he says shows any knowledge of the wrestlers in the ring, any kayfabe storyline or technical play by play.

I think you answered your question right there. He's usually used as the butt of jokes nowadays whenever something silly - usually involving Joey Ryan - happens in the indies.

I managed to tune him out while watching MLW yesterday; weirdly, I don't remember him being so bad when he did commentary for Defiant, back when it was WCPW.

• Thanks 1

Four Lucha Underground wrestlers have been given their releases after filing a lawsuit over their contracts.

Lucha Central reported last night that El Hijo del Fantasma (King Cuerno), Ivelisse, Joey Ryan, and Thunder Rosa (Kobra Moon), who were involved in a class action lawsuit against Baba-G Productions and the El Rey Network, will be immediately released and will become free agents as part of a settlement.

The class action suit and Fantasma's separate lawsuit have also been dropped as part of the agreement. Lucha Central noted that El Texano Jr. withdrew his lawsuit prior to the settlement and is expected to remain with AAA.

Fantasma departed AAA this month.

Fantasma, Ivelisse, Ryan, and Thunder Rosa have all confirmed the news of the settlement.

“I’m honored to say that we received 100 percent of the relief that we were suing to obtain and four young talented wrestlers are no longer bound by an unfair contract that prohibits them from taking full advantage of their talents at the prime of their career,” attorney Andre Verdun told Lucha Central. “I wish them all the best of luck.”

https://www.f4wonline.com/mexico/four-lucha-underground-wrestlers-released-part-settlement-280166