• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

The Big Wrestling Thread!

Recommended Posts

MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacelordmaster    79
On 2/23/2008 at 5:47 AM, Human.Online said:

WWE just got mega-dull again.

Cena is back, being the puppet he is.

Big show is back - lot's of slow matches.

Y2J was missused and becomes another mid-card jobber

HHH is back to winning

Hell, we could rewind the WWE 4 years and see the same matches.

The reason I don't watch it anymore. I stopped watching WWE 5 years ago. It has become, like you said, dull and boring. Always the same champions. Always the same story lines. Always the same losers and now that the insecure, selfish puppet is back, he will be champ until he gets another movie deal.

  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Human.Online    8,609
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

The reason I don't watch it anymore. I stopped watching WWE 5 years ago. It has become, like you said, dull and boring. Always the same champions. Always the same story lines. Always the same losers and now that the insecure, selfish puppet is back, he will be champ until he gets another movie deal.

You are quoting me from over 10 years ago ;)

 

I personally feel we have moved on from there and the comment no longer holds relevance.  I mean, Cena is nowhere to be seen beyond his little WrestleMania moment, Big Show is nowhere to be seen, Y2J is now AEW and quite interesting.  Sure HHH won at WrestleMania but that was a showcase match to close off a friend's career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    1,170

Not to mention we don't have the same champions anymore now, what with Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston as the champs (who woulda thought that 10+ years ago in this thread eh?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,560
9 minutes ago, LOC said:

Not to mention we don't have the same champions anymore now, what with Seth Rollins and Kofi Kingston as the champs (who woulda thought that 10+ years ago in this thread eh?)

My hope is that we get a single mens and womens belt, and let the two shows fight for it more, make it a real rivalry going.  Specially when SD goes to Fox in Oct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
episode    626
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, George P said:

My hope is that we get a single mens and womens belt, and let the two shows fight for it more, make it a real rivalry going.  Specially when SD goes to Fox in Oct.

There is zero chance that either network would allow that to happen. They both will want a champion of their brand.

 

And the power of Fox is already being flexed with them requesting Andrade moved back to SD.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,560
34 minutes ago, episode said:

There is zero chance that either network would allow that to happen. They both will want a champion of their brand.

 

And the power of Fox is already being flexed with them requesting Andrade moved back to SD.

Having the top from raw and top from smackdown fighting for one WWE championship would make for better main events IMO.   There should be one male and female WWE champion that could float between shows,  It's a way to make sure fans could tune in to both.  They're doing it with Becky right now for example.    Each show could have it's own minor titles, heck, the way they've turned the IC into a meh tilte at this point just shows they should either make it more important, or drop it and introduce something else.

 

And why don't the women have a 2nd title anyways?   The problem WWE has now is that they've signed too many people and don't know how or can't use them all.  The talk is that smackdown could change into a 3 hour show so that's good for the other talent that isn't being used at all or enough, but you gotta make it where the matches mean something more than just a way to end some silly feud of the week/month and nothing else.  

 

Actually having people fighting to move up for a chance at a title match makes everything worth something.  And then you can start feuds off of that.  Right now we're just going through the tired motions.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
episode    626
16 minutes ago, George P said:

Having the top from raw and top from smackdown fighting for one WWE championship would make for better main events IMO.   There should be one male and female WWE champion that could float between shows,  It's a way to make sure fans could tune in to both.  They're doing it with Becky right now for example.    Each show could have it's own minor titles, heck, the way they've turned the IC into a meh tilte at this point just shows they should either make it more important, or drop it and introduce something else.

 

And why don't the women have a 2nd title anyways?   The problem WWE has now is that they've signed too many people and don't know how or can't use them all.  The talk is that smackdown could change into a 3 hour show so that's good for the other talent that isn't being used at all or enough, but you gotta make it where the matches mean something more than just a way to end some silly feud of the week/month and nothing else.  

 

Actually having people fighting to move up for a chance at a title match makes everything worth something.  And then you can start feuds off of that.  Right now we're just going through the tired motions.   

You note that this is a problem, but you want to remove one of the top titles.

 

Raw basically operated without a top title since Brock's been holding it. How did that work out? Answer: Horribly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,560
48 minutes ago, episode said:

You note that this is a problem, but you want to remove one of the top titles.

 

Raw basically operated without a top title since Brock's been holding it. How did that work out? Answer: Horribly.

The thing with Brock was dumb but that's a different story.  

 

That has more to do with him than anything else. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

 

*Jazz had to vacate the Women's title, so it's now Sienna vs. Santana Garrett for the vacant title.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MightyJordan    7,822

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.