The Big Wrestling Thread!

Did the crowd really chant "we can't read" ? And that dude screaming BOOKS and WORDS etc was kinda hysterical. Dunno who Leva Bates is but she has a look that's for sure, not sure about this SHHHHH I'm a librarian gimmick thing. Crowd didn't seem to like it much except for the actual comedy bits.  Also are they really doing a Fyre Fest parody through the whole show?? Might get old but could be gold.

1 hour ago, LOC said:

Dunno who Leva Bates is but she has a look that's for sure

She's the former Blue Pants from NXT; does a lot of cosplay on her indie appearances.

The librarian thing seems to be a very subtle TNT reference, as they apparently have a show called The Librarians.

As for her match, yeah, it was hit and miss; didn't help that Allie was a last-minute change, as it was supposed to be Kylie Rae, but they never even mentioned the change (or her) at all. She also hasn't tweeted for nearly a fortnight, so hope she's ok.

Pre-show was definitely a mixed bag; the tag team opener was good, obviously mentioned Allie/Leva, and Nakazawa/Jebailey was divisive, to say the least, but I enjoyed the DDT-style comedy match, plus Jim Cornette practically gave himself a stroke watching it, so win-win.

Definitely picked up on the main card, though. There's a lot of stuff to talk about there, but it's half 4 in the morning here, so I'll save it for later. Wasn't free here, but still well worth the £9 I paid for it, and the FITE stream was pretty solid throughout (just a shame it wasn't 60fps).

• Like 2

So THAT chair shot.  I understand now that it was a botch and not planned to go down that way, but do we really want undefended chair shots to the head?  I have to say that it utterly soured the PPV for me.  Otherwise, yeah another strong PPV, not quite Double Or Nothing, but definitely glad I watched it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

*snipped*

Deleted and reuploaded, for some reason...

So with Fight for the Fallen going on, I just thought I'd add that Jeff Hardy was arrested for public intoxication down in South Carolina. He got a fine (for a first time offender in Myrtle Beach that is) and was released. WWE basically said Hardy is responsible for his own actions. Don't forget Jeff is also sidelined with an injury that's gonna keep him out for 6-9 months or so. :( Feel bad for the guy, I hope he isn't going back to his old ways, I really don't want to see that Jeff Hardy again.

Wow, I won't go into spoilers in  case anyone hasn't seen Extreme Rules yet,  being it just finished a little while ago :D

But holy crap, AGAIN. AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Yeah, things are gonna change on RAW and SD, oh yes it'll be better with Heyman and Bischoff running creative etc. What a load of horse ######. I mean, jesus christ Vince, really, AGAIN?

• Like 2

I don't know if this means Punk is itching to get back into the wrestling ring or not, but I wouldn't look for him to show up in WWE anytime soon if he does. Certainly AEW is the most likely spot for him to appear if he does decide to return. But, who knows, maybe HHH and Punk can make up or level things out for a return. I mean, Ultimate Warrior, Hogan etc all made their way back eventually. Punk is no exception and while he's a damn good performer I would never put him on the level of a Hogan or Warrior at their peaks. Say what you will about in ring ability or lack thereof - Punk just isn't the caliber of Hogan (yet).