The Big Wrestling Thread!

That is interesting. I've been a Sky sports subscriber for about 10 years. Never once did i know some of the PPV's were "free".

I remember the days when channel 4 had the rights to some of the PPV's. I still got those PPV's recorded on VHS in the attic.

Wow, really? I don't watch Sky's channels much, so maybe they don't advertise the free ones much.

Oh god, that was back when I first got into wrestling; 2000 Royal Rumble on Channel 4 was the first event I ever watched, and I probably still have the VHS recording of it somewhere in the house, along with Backlash. :P

Wow, really? I don't watch Sky's channels much, so maybe they don't advertise the free ones much.

Oh god, that was back when I first got into wrestling; 2000 Royal Rumble on Channel 4 was the first event I ever watched, and I probably still have the VHS recording of it somewhere in the house, along with Backlash. :p

I don't think Sky advertise it at all. They push the box office ones though. Usually 2 weeks or so before the PPV it is plugged every set of advertisements on Sky Sports.

Same here. Royal Rumble got me back into wrestling. Seeing Jeff Hardy swanton off the taxi blew my mind at the time.

Also Taka Michinoku took that awesome face plant i think too.

Same here. Royal Rumble got me back into wrestling. Seeing Jeff Hardy swanton off the taxi blew my mind at the time.

Also Taka Michinoku took that awesome face plant i think too.

It was the street fight between Triple H and Cactus Jack that got me hooked, but I fondly remember Taka's faceplant too.

It's at 2:45.

Oh god, that was back when I first got into wrestling; 2000 Royal Rumble on Channel 4 was the first event I ever watched, and I probably still have the VHS recording of it somewhere in the house, along with Backlash. :p

I think that was the one where Mae Young decided to get topless or something. That and the Foley/Triple H match is the only thing i remember about it.

But yeah, i have around 50 (i numbered them in order) VHS tapes still with the PPVs from around 98-200x where they were on Sky Sports. Stopped bothering afterwards.

Lingwo: i have no idea how you missed them advertising PPVs on Sky Sports, they even show repeats on the Tuesday after at 9pm. Think of all of the PPVs you've missed!

Lingwo: i have no idea how you missed them advertising PPVs on Sky Sports, they even show repeats on the Tuesday after at 9pm. Think of all of the PPVs you've missed!

I know i've missed loads! i'm going to keep my eye out more in the future.