The Big Wrestling Thread!

This doesn't sound good at all.

Trouble in paradise.

Just one night after he was the Iron Man in the Royal Rumble match, lasting some 48 minutes from the number one entry spot, CM Punk wasn't booked to appear on Monday Night Raw. This was due to a number of rewrites demanded by Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon.

Now comes a report from the Wrestling Observer that says Punk told McMahon that very night that he was going home before doing just that and, as of right now, he is off all WWE shows going forward.

There isn't any information available outside of that right now. Punk hasn't tweeted anything out since praising fans following the Royal Rumble event this past Sunday night in Pittsburgh.

Stay tuned for any further news, as we know how quickly things can and do change in the world of WWE.

As noted earlier, RF Video?s Rob Feinstein mentioned on Facebook that Sting has signed a deal with WWE within the last 24 hours. Since then, Feinstein has posted another update on the matter on Facebook, writing:

?I got a million emails over the day and wanted to wait before I said anything more on the Sting situation. I see that my FB post has been all over websites today and I will stand by my story as the person who told me has never lied to me and is a good source. As I stated earlier today I do not think Sting will face Undertaker at Mania. I am certain that Taker is going to face Brock at mania and I know a little bit more but I don?t want everyone yelling at me for spoilers. Trust me Mania is going to be really good this year if it?s true what I have been told. Everything changes in this business so there is nothing that you should go out and bet your house on. I still think that Sting will not be at Mania and will be on Raw the following night and be tied into the Network. I guess we will all have to wait and see but I also think WWE will def tease Sting up until that weekend but again I think he will debut on Raw and only wrestle a certain huber of dates and maybe one MAJOR match at Mania in CA in 2015 and be part of the HOF.?

source: WrestlingINC.com

^^

As reputable a source Rob Feinstein is, like most of the regulars here, I won't believe it until I actually see Sting appear in person on a WWE show.

Looks like Punk has jumped ship.  I don't think this is a work as it's known CM Punk has been unhappy with WWE for awhile.  

Link:  http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0128/569692/cm-punk-removed-from-all-upcoming-wwe-events/

P.S.  Looks like one of the reasons Punk may have left is due to the cancellation of his match at WM30 with HHH.  Looks like Bryan will face HHH at WM30 now.

Punk doing an Austin?

Everyone on Twitter is siding with Punk.  A lot of people knew he was unhappy and to be honest he had a right to be ###### off.  Bringing someone back into the company after 4 years and handing them the title is pretty sad.  

• Like 1

Everyone on Twitter is siding with Punk.  A lot of people knew he was unhappy and to be honest he had a right to be ****ed off.  Bringing someone back into the company after 4 years and handing them the title is pretty sad.  

I imagine it's not the same story with the IWC smarks, as it seems a lot of them already turned on Punk like they did with Zack Ryder a year or two ago. Either that or the haters/trolls have just gotten louder; it's definitely one of the two.

Oh yeah, I read the SmackDown spoilers earlier, and it's that once in a blue moon occasion where SmackDown's better than RAW.

I'll paste them here, so spoiler alert for any of you reading this post via email, as I know you can't implement the spoiler tags in there...

* JBL and Michael Cole are out for commentary.

* SmackDown opens with a RAW recap of the main event segment from Monday?s RAW. The Shield?s music hits and they come through the crowd and enter the ring. Dean Ambrose says the Elimination Chamber is made for The Shield and one of them would walk out as WWE World Heavyweight Champion if they were involved in the match. Ambrose talks to Reigns about his record-breaking 12 eliminations at the Royal Rumble and it doesn?t matter that Reigns eliminated him and Rollins from the match.

Ambrose says The Wyatt Family is the reason they are not in the Elimination Chamber match next month and they are going to wipe the The Wyatt Family off the face of the earth. Vickie Guerrero came out, followed by Triple H. Triple Hs says The Shield needs to get over what happened with the Wyatt Family on RAW. Roman reigns grabs the mic from Rollins and says The Shield doesn?t need Triple H?s approval. Triple H says asks the crowd if they want to see The Shield and The Wyatt Family go at it. This got a huge pop and Triple H announced that the two groups will square off at Elimination Chamber. 

* Antonio Cesaro defeated Dolph Ziggler to quality for a spot in the Elimination Chamber match after hitting Ziggler with the Cesaro Swing and the Neutralizer.

* The Shield vs. Sheamus, Daniel Bryan and Rey Mysterio is announced for later in the show.

* Fandango with Summer Rae defeated Xavier Woods with R-Truth, Cameron and Naomi.

* Christian vs. Jack Swagger in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match is announced for later in the show.

* Ryback and Curtis Axel defeated The Prime Time Players. The Prime Time Players argued a lot during the match and Titus eventually walked out on Young. After the match, Young grabbed a microphone and asked what Titus what he?s doing. Young told Titus that they?re like brothers. Titus said he?s tired of feeling like a loser and wants to be WWE Champion. He said Darren Young is dead weight and then brutally attacks him. Darren Young is left knocked out.

* Christian defeated Jack Swagger to earn the final spot in the Elimination Chamber match next month. Christian got a big pop for his return and was sporting a new t-shirt. Christian got the win with a frog splash. After the match, Zeb was furious with Swagger and berated him.

* Kofi Kingston defeated Damien Sandow with the SOS.

* Christian was interviewed by Renee Young backstage and talked about qualifying for the Elimination Chamber match.

* Cody Rhodes defeated Road Dogg with a Disaster Kick. Goldust and Billy Gunn were at ringside and fought during the match. After the match, all four men brawled, with the Rhodes Brothers getting the best of it.

* The Shield came out first for the main event. The Wyatt Family appeared on the big screen for a promo and hyped their match against The Shield at Elimination Chamber. Luke Harper actually spoke during the promo.

* The Shield defeated Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Rey Mysterio when Reigns hit Mysterio with a spear.

TLDR version...

They booked The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield for Elimination Chamber, Cesaro and Christian are in the EC title match (so it's Cesaro, Christian, Bryan, Sheamus, Cena and Orton), and the Prime Time Players broke up with Titus turning heel in the process.

Everyone on Twitter is siding with Punk.  A lot of people knew he was unhappy and to be honest he had a right to be ****ed off.  Bringing someone back into the company after 4 years and handing them the title is pretty sad.  

I'm not sure i would completely say he has a right to be ###### off. I agree that he'd be right to be upset about Batista coming straight into the title picture but he hasn't exactly been stuck in the midcard since he lost the title. He's had some pretty big feuds since then.